Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:24:24 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero  (Read 9080 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: August 18, 2008, 09:10:14 PM »

I wonder if he's looking for a bassist? 
http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/101746

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 09:35:34 PM »

Well, it's good to have goals.....................I guess........................?!   Lookingup

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 11:08:01 PM »

The reason he did bad in school was because he thinks you can make a living playing video games competitively.  Dumba$$

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 11:10:30 PM »

I think he needs to devote some time to practicing the phrase "You want fries with that?" as I see a lot of that in his future.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 07:57:12 AM »

As someone who's played guitar for over 20 years, Guitar Hero makes me sad.  I mean, these people obviously must love music, if they'd get a real guitar and put as much time and effort into it as they do with that silly plastic toy, they'd become a musician.  Have a nice little hobby they could enjoy for the rest of their life, maybe write some songs, get in a band and make some friends, and have a lot of fun. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2008, 08:38:46 AM »

As someone who's played guitar for over 20 years, Guitar Hero makes me sad.  I mean, these people obviously must love music, if they'd get a real guitar and put as much time and effort into it as they do with that silly plastic toy, they'd become a musician.  Have a nice little hobby they could enjoy for the rest of their life, maybe write some songs, get in a band and make some friends, and have a lot of fun. 
I won't lie, I love Guitar Hero and Rock Band for the fun factor.  For me personally, I'm glad video games are starting to have more physical activity than simply sitting down and play.  I know where you're coming from though and respect your opinion. 

For me, this story is an example of how some kids should simply get outside more. 

DarkSider's Realm

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2008, 03:10:57 PM »

Go and play a real guitar  Hatred

Ahh, made me remember this episode of South Park - really sums up the nonsense;

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:14:00 PM by circus_circus » Logged

the master
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2008, 06:42:18 PM »

i hate guitar hero no not cus i suck at it cause i hate that teens think they know everything about a band just from playing guitar hero
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2008, 06:54:23 PM »

i hate guitar hero no not cus i suck at it cause i hate that teens think they know everything about a band just from playing guitar hero

Yeah, i've heard kids going on about bands and songs like they're brand new "from guitar hero". Like this one kid said to me when I was jamming in a guitar shop. I was playing cowboys from hell and talking to this other guy and this kid (about 16!) says "that's from guitar hero" and I say "no, it's pantera". So he makes my jaw drop and eyes bleed by going on to say "pantera covered it" from guitar hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Hatred Hatred Hatred It's from 1990 you braindead little sheep!

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2008, 07:43:01 PM »

Playing devil's advocate, the game at least takes kids away from much of what they're calling "rock" nowadays on mainstream radio and introduces them to some great tracks way before their time.  Believe me, I know its frustrating hearing kids talking about rock like they know it all through the games.  It really sucks that it takes a game for them to notice great music.  If you're in a band, its probably best to seek out a spot on the next Guitar Hero soundtrack.  Its almost a sure fire hit if you're song is cool. 

Did I mention that the kid in this article is looney though?   Cheers

DarkSider's Realm

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2008, 07:47:03 PM »

I don't wanna learn to play a guitar, though.  I wanna play a video game.  I practice playing the piano -- I don't want to learn a second instrument.

Getting through TTFAF on Hard is gonna take me a while,though.  Maybe I need to quit my job...
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2008, 05:45:47 AM »

This is just wierd, back in my day, kids dropped out of school to do things like smoke pot or work on TN ave (this is the street on the west side of charleston where back in the nineties you had your dealers and hookers). I guess this just goes to show its the age of technology.

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2008, 01:45:11 PM »

Like this one kid said to me when I was jamming in a guitar shop. I was playing cowboys from hell and talking to this other guy and this kid (about 16!) says "that's from guitar hero" and I say "no, it's pantera". So he makes my jaw drop and eyes bleed by going on to say "pantera covered it" from guitar hero?

I totally hate those games, my kid plays them, , but he's at least realistic about it: It's a game. Actually, he played it for a month or so, , then it apparently got boring.
That said, my kid is the type that would have said something like you quoted just to mess with you. Seems some kids (mine included), say things like that just to try and make us feel OLD. The kid you spoke of probably was an idiot, , but don't rule out the possibility that you were being messed with.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2008, 01:56:30 PM »

My sister has Guitar Hero III.  She whined and begged and pleaded for it for Christmas, and to shut her up, my mom got it for her.

She almost never plays it, because unlocking songs is "too hard" and I stopped unlocking songs for her after the second set. 

dean

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2008, 06:27:01 PM »

Guitar Hero rocks!  Thumbup [ok that was just a terrible line]

Good party device for just thrashing around for a bit of fun: Drunks + Plastic Guitar = You think you're a GOD!

My friend wanted it, but decided to buy a real guitar instead, which he loves, but he still wants to 'thrash it out' on Guitar Hero everynow and then.

Put simply, alot of people [including me] find it quite fun.  But as a game.

The kid is a nutter plain and simple.  ALMOST on par with the kids in Korea who die whilst playing Starcraft constantly for days on end.

Bluesad

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  16-year-old drops out of school to play Guitar Hero « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.