Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:37:55 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Guess what PETA's up to now « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guess what PETA's up to now  (Read 3223 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: August 20, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »

These idiots want to buy a Seaworld and let the animals go.  I guess they don't realize that some of these creatures were born in captivity and don't know how to survive in the wild.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/sfl-orl-0820seaworld,0,5643359.story

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »

They realize it: they don't care about that.  Their position is that it is completely 'unethical' to keep any animals for any reason or purpose whatsoever; therefore it is 'ethical' to release them (regardless of their origins or accustomed lifestyle) and allow nature to take its course.  What actually happens to the animals or what chance of survival or risk of injury they have is completely irrelevant to the ethics of the situation.  End of story.

Nutjobs.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 07:17:02 PM »

You know, most captive animals don't seem too sad to me, they get to sit around all day, get easy meals on a regular basis, and never have to deal with being killed by animals bigger than them.  In return they have to stay in the same place and be mildly entertaining.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 07:51:59 PM »

BTW...I'm sure those animals live better than most of us do currently.   Lookingup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 12:17:51 PM »

F**k, if I could sit on my ass all day and be cute, and get fed for it, I'd do it in a heart beat. 
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 12:31:38 PM »

We must stop them!

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 12:55:47 PM »

Never going to happen. Assuming somebody is truly willing to put up the hundreds of millions to do this, no company is going to be crazy enough to sell to them. Abandoning domesticated animals to the wild is not a PR gamble any company would be willing to take.

What we have here is yet another goofy PETA publicity stunt, and the press took the bait yet again.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 06:55:53 PM »

You know, most captive animals don't seem too sad to me, they get to sit around all day, get easy meals on a regular basis, and never have to deal with being killed by animals bigger than them.  In return they have to stay in the same place and be mildly entertaining.  Sounds like a good deal to me.

I'm reminded of a Seinfeld epsiode where Jerry askes George if he was kidnapped by alies would he rather be in a zoo or a circus.  He said he'd rather be in the zoo for the above reasons-plus they might give him a female to mate witth.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Guess what PETA's up to now « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.