Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:49:51 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ZOMBI 2 (aka Zombie) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: ZOMBI 2 (aka Zombie)  (Read 9773 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: August 20, 2008, 04:06:06 PM »

I just got this offa netflix recently along with DON'T GO IN THE WOODS....ALONE! (which RULED by the way!) I havent watched ZOMBI 2 yet, but Im gonna post in this topic when i do.
-KYGOTC, yo.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Torgo

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:54:38 PM »

Zombie vs. Shark.   'nuff said!   Thumbup

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
vrock
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 06:14:33 PM »

This is a great movie. There are a lot of great scenes in here. (Zombie vs. Shark, the eye scene, the zombies attacking the church and many more) The only thing I really didn't like about the movie is that it is a little boring in parts, but towards the end the action is plentiful.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 06:35:59 PM »

ZOMBIE is a GREAT movie!!! I love it. When my kids were real little they used to bug the heck outta me to watch it. On the cover was the famous pic of the zombie with the worms dripping outta it's eye socket. "Can we watch the worms-in-his eye-movie Dad?!?! C'mon! PLEEEEEEZZZZE???"

"No. I'tll give you bad dreams."

Finally I let up.  They got as far as the fat zombie on the boat at the start. It scared the crap out of them...they didn't bug me after that.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 06:38:30 PM »

it's pretty safe to say that if you aren't already bent, this flick will set you off on a path of insane italian exploitation greatness.

if you dig it, i'd heartily recommend the following films:
burial grounds: the nights of terror
the beyond / seven doors of death
nightmare city / city of the walking dead
city of the living dead / the gates of hell

try not to get confused by all of the alternate titles.

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »

it's pretty safe to say that if you aren't already bent, this flick will set you off on a path of insane italian exploitation greatness.

if you dig it, i'd heartily recommend the following films:
burial grounds: the nights of terror
the beyond / seven doors of death
nightmare city / city of the walking dead
city of the living dead / the gates of hell

try not to get confused by all of the alternate titles.

Are those all movies with seconday names? I HATE those!

A friend of mine has 7 doors of death. I watched up to the point where that little girl is traped in a room with this blood/mucus liquid is slowly consuming the floor, and there are some corpses in there too. I had to leave for some reason after that. Looks sweet so far!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »

yep. the title you see on the left side of the slash (/) is the more popular title, in most cases. 7 doors of death is a lot of fun, if you ask me. then again, i'm a fulci geek. i even sort of liked demonia, one of his later films, even though i'd admit that it bore little resemblance to his earlier films.

Torgo

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 02:25:40 AM »

Zombie 3 btw has a hilarious commentary on it if you wanted to check it out.  I think Lucio Fulci filmed half of it and then Bruno Mattei was brought in to finish it.

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 12:11:28 PM »

according to imdb, here's how that went-

Lucio Fulci shot roughly 70 minutes of footage for the film before he had to leave the production due to a stroke. Producer Franco Gaudenzi asked second unit director Bruno Mattei and writer Claudio Fragasso to take over the director's chair. They cut Fulci's footage down to around 50 minutes and added 40 minutes of their own.

however, when i read beyond terror: the films of lucio fulci, i don't remember any mention of his being involved in the film at all. maybe the author didn't choose to include it because it wasn't entirely fulci's work, or perhaps mattei and company figured they'd catch a better audience if people thought he was involved.

Torgo

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 05:54:59 PM »

according to imdb, here's how that went-

Lucio Fulci shot roughly 70 minutes of footage for the film before he had to leave the production due to a stroke. Producer Franco Gaudenzi asked second unit director Bruno Mattei and writer Claudio Fragasso to take over the director's chair. They cut Fulci's footage down to around 50 minutes and added 40 minutes of their own.

however, when i read beyond terror: the films of lucio fulci, i don't remember any mention of his being involved in the film at all. maybe the author didn't choose to include it because it wasn't entirely fulci's work, or perhaps mattei and company figured they'd catch a better audience if people thought he was involved.

The actor's involved with the movie (and on the commentary track I mentioned) said that Fulci was involved in the movie but was having big problems with diabetes I think and they said that he did film a lot of footage which wound up only being 70 minutes long as you mentioned.

Torgo

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »

Small | Large

Torgo

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 10:50:23 PM »

I've always thought that the main theme for this film was quite cool and memorable.

A friend of mine had a clip of a cello group playing this theme and it was uber creepy done that way.

Small | Large

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 07:34:57 AM »

I was never that much of a fan of Zombi.  I have a feeling that I was spoiled by Fulci, having seen The Beyond first.  The Beyond is just an absolutely fantastic film, and Zombi just left me feeling a bit cold.  Aside from the fantastic splinter scene, which gives me chills just thinking about it, the rest of the film was a bit of a let down.

That's not to say that Fulci is not a fantastic director.  City Of The Living Dead is a ton of fun.  I love Fulci's more odd, artistic films...films where the plot doesn't make much sense, and neither do the happenings but they are fun to watch. 

As for other Italian recommendations, I second the recommendation of City Of The Walking Dead (Nightmare City).  Umberto Lenzi's zombie film is another I disliked the first time I saw it.  After viewing it a few more times over the years, I've found it to be a ton of fun.  Still don't understand the zombie's fascination with eating breasts.....

Anyway, here are a few Italian films I highly recommend:

Zombi - Dario Argento's cut of Dawn Of The Dead.  Moves at a quick pace, and is a lot of fun.

Cemetery Man (Dellamorte Dellamore) - Michele Soavi's absolutely fantastic zombie tale.  This is still one of my favorite of all of the Italian zombie films over the years.  Soavi generally takes a more artistic approach to his films, and they certainly do not suffer because of that.  This film also introduced me to THE Anna Falchi, one of the most beautiful women of all time.

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie (Living Dead At Manchester Morgue) - Ok, unsure if anyone else will disagree with me about this one being an Italian film.  It takes place in England, but was directed by an Italian director and it feels very Italian.  It's a slow paced film, especially for a zombie film, but the finale is absolutely fantastic. 

The Church - Again, Michele Soavi.  Fantastic film that few people I know have actually seen.  It plays out a lot like Demons, but in a church.  There is one scene in particular, involving a possible pedophile and a jackhammer.....just rent this one.  You won't be disappointed.

Demons - Since I mentioned it above, I might as well go ahead and list it.  Directed by Lamberto Bava, it's about a group of people at a special screening of a horror film.  As the film plays out, people start to become possessed by demons, and all hell breaks loose.  Fast paced, entertaining flick.

Twitch Of The Death Nerve - Can't mention Lamberto Bava, without mentioning his father, Mario Bava.  TOTDN is the precursor to Friday The 13th, and is one of the better slashers I have seen over the years.  Bava really had a talent for the gore, which he rarely used.  This film also has one of the best endings, one that comes out of nowhere.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Gorosaurus101
New Visitor

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 11:02:21 AM »

One of the best zombie films ever, the splinter throught the and shark vs zombie footage are the best
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 02:01:58 PM »

I've seen it a few times and all I remember are the shark scene and splinter scene. Its a good movie, great atmosphere but not a personal favorite.

I really like Dr Butcher MD/Zombie Holocaust (another double title) a lot better, its just more fun. Gotta love the outboard motor scene.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  ZOMBI 2 (aka Zombie) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.