Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:11:21 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands  (Read 53190 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: August 22, 2008, 11:32:48 AM »

Since we've had the top 10 favorite dicussion, perhaps we can list our most disliked bands.  Perhaps explain why you change the channel as soon as you hear them.  Remember, its all a matter of personal taste so try your best not to have your feelings hurt by someone else's comments.   Twirling  My least favs in no particular order;

1.) Dave Matthews Band - I simply don't get them.
2.) Limp Bizkit - Perhaps in five years society will look back and wonder what they were thinking.
3.) Linkin Park - see #2
4.) Metallica (post And Justice For All) - Lars should have been happy people were trading his crap music for free.
5.) AC/DC (post Bon Scott) - Yeah some might consider this a sacrelidge but to me its annoying party music.
6.) Bruce Springstein - He sings like he's taking a dump.
7.) Tom Petty - He sings like he has a sinus infection.
8.) Gratefull Dead - Maybe dropping acid would make their music sound good to me.
9.) Metal Core (pick whatever band you want) - Whining isn't METAL.  That and one breakdown a song is more than enough.
10.) Creed - see #2
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:35:33 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:11:04 PM »

1. Bon Jovi - Corporate rich boy, p***y-pop
2. Kaiser Chiefs - Corporate rich boy, art students
3. My Chemical Romance - As above*
4. Nirvana - Unemployed, drug-addled geeks turned into a musical black hole
5. Marylin Manson - Corporate, talentless, second-rate wannabes
6. Sex Pistols - As Above*
7. Radiohead - Elevator music is more exciting!
8. Limp Biscuits - Rap+Rock =  Barf
9. Velvet Revolver - Overrated, recycled corporate grunge
10. Metallica - A Morrissey look-a-like, a gay fashion designer, a 70's pimp and a man-bull, on a sell-out power-trip that is only going to end in a mental institution. How can one band fall soooo far, why were they playing thrash???  Question

(Re: No offence intended, people can listen to what they want, I have no problem with that, just my Op)

*Just missing out on the top ten would be Vains Of Jenna, who just plain suck!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:40:50 PM by circus_circus » Logged

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:09:41 PM »

No offense to anyone wh likes the guys below...

1. KISS.  As a kid, they seemed so goofy and faux-Satanic, plus the music sucked.
2. U2 - Supremely annoying in their self-righteousness.  Strangely enough I like many covers of their tunes, as long as I don't have to hear Bono's whiny voice or the Edge's 'guitar playing.'
3. Nirvana - Seems Cobain thought he was a genius, and was able to talk others into believing it, for some reason.  "An albino, a mulatto, a mosquito, my libido" makes me crack up every time.
4. R.E.M. - I have no idea what people see in this music.
5. AC/DC - boring.
6. The Cure - I'm not a moody teen, but I hated this stuff even when I was a moody teen.
7. ABBA - God!  Make it stop!
8. Nickleback - check out this link to see why!
9. Bon Jovi - hey, something I can agree with Circus Circus on musically!
10. Michael Jackson - I hated his "classic stuff" from the "Thriller" album.  Imagine how I feel about the rest of his solo career.

I might have put bands like Coldplay and Radiohead on there, but I swear I cannot remember a single song by either of these guys, despite being exposed to them multiple times.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 03:42:02 PM »

1. U2- the most boring band on earth.  I like "the sweetest thing" though

2. the police-  they took punk, new wave, and ska and watered it down the way a bunch of studio musicians would.  "wrapped around your finger" is the most boring video of all time.

3. pearl jam-  a big muscular jock telling you his problems and crying on yuor shoulder at a party.  every song has over the top emotions like a revival meeting.  were also HUGELY influential to the point where an entire generation of frontmen sound EXACTLY like eddie vedder

4. matchbox20- stale from the very first listen.  universally despised yet still overrated.

5.  post drugs aerosmith-  who likes this s**t?

6.  post- exile rolling stones-  see^

7. post velvet underground lou reed

8.  Extreme-  not to pick on these guys, but after nirvana came out there was a rush among hair bands to try and reinvent themseves and it didn't really work out. 

9 van halen without roth-  should actually be higher in the list

10.   tie dave mathews and jason mraz-  proof that even something as weak as the hacky sack jam band scene can be watered down.
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 06:21:38 PM »

1) Garth Brooks
2) Pearl Jam
3) Korn
4) Limp Bizkit
5) Napalm Death
6) Dave Mathews Band
7) The Mars Volta
8) Dragonforce
9) White Lion
10) Triumph

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 06:39:20 PM »

Good choices so far.  Some I agree with, some I don't but its all good. Some more I thought of...

Staind - Cheer up will ya.
Nickleback - Mostly for Rev's #8 reason.   BounceGiggle
Kid Rock - This guy has to make up his mind.  Is he rock, is he country, is he hip hop?  There can't be anyone who seriously finds that new track sung over Skynrrd and Zevon any good.
KISS - I respect the band for their theatrics.  For their music, most of it sucks, sorry.  How many damn times can a band sing the chorus and get away with it!!!
Poison - God awful, watered down hair metal.  Its like post David Lee Roth Van Halen in a dress.
Pearl Jam and Nirvana - Grunge wasn't as great as people made it out to be.  We ended up with a bunch of suburban kids who hated their parents.  Most of who had the albums bought by mommy and daddy. 

« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 06:41:51 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 06:43:25 PM »

Ah...something I can sink my teeth into!...What I DISLIKE!!!

I dislike many MANY bands...but these I have a STRONG dislike for personal reasons...which I will share with you-the unfortanate reader of my bile...

In no particular order...
!. CANNIBAL CORPSE-does grunting and playing fast make 'heavy'? No- It makes stupid,boring,generic death metal crap.
2.BACK STREET BOYS-or any Boy Band,for that matter!
3.SKID ROW-Sorry hair band fans....these guys suck. And the lead singer is an a$$hole.
4.the CURE-see the Rev's comment.
5. MEATLOAF.
6. NICKLEBACK and most new "metal"
7.  Eyeliner emo crap most new "punk".
8.most new rap crap.
9.most new country
10.most new ANYTHING.

....and millions more...! But that's ten.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 06:59:14 PM »

5. MEATLOAF.
This fat slob...don't even get me started.  I'd give you Karma RC if I could.  Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 07:17:04 PM »

5. MEATLOAF.
This fat slob...don't even get me started.  I'd give you Karma RC if I could.  Thumbup

The reason why I left it without an explanation. The music's awful ,irritatingness speaks volumes.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 09:20:24 PM »

10.) Cannibal Corpse- Grunting does not constitute singing, and loud doesn't replace melody.

9.) Neil Young- Getting lucky with one or two decent songs doesn't warrant a 30 year career in my mind.

8.) Lil Wayne- Really?  He's like, one of a million "Lil" rappers out now.  Stupid.

7.) GWAR- Never saw the appeal, honestly. 

6.) Grateful Dead- Maybe if I were dirty, with no shoes, and tripping on acid every day, I'd like them.

5.) Phish- I don't know ONE song by them, but then again I don't have 2 hours to listen to ONE song.  Stupid hippie pot-head jam band.  Nothing against potheads.  Just this band in particular.

4.) Megadeth- I've never liked them, and anytime I see Dave Mustaine in an interview, instead of plugging the new album, he just cries: "I was kicked out of Metallica, wah wah wah." 

3.) My Chemical Romance- How these guys are "popular" makes me fear the end of rock music.

2.) The Police- I cringe when I hear them played on the radio.

1.) Panic! At The Disco- Eye liner wearing emo band who has a bunch of popular songs where they whine the same line over and over again, for 4 MINUTES Straight.

No offense to anyone who's a fan of these bands.  I mean, some bands mentioned by others I like, and in the end it's all in good fun.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 10:34:34 PM »

...6.) Bruce Springstein - He sings like he's taking a dump.
BounceGiggle ...  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle ...  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle ... maybe that explains why I never bought another album of his after Born To Run... "Baby we were born to RU-u-u-u-hn!!!"  Thumbup
...8.) Gratefull Dead - Maybe dropping acid would make their music sound good to me.
I do like "Sugaree" off of Steal Your Face... and that's about it. 

Great idea for a thread, but if I were to try to list my least favorite bands, well...  I don't think about that at all.  I think about who I like best!!  Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 10:42:28 PM »

...4. Nirvana - Unemployed, drug-addled geeks turned into a musical black hole
You underrate NIRVANA

6. Sex Pistols - As Above*
"As above" meaning #5.  Think Michael Johnson on SouthPark:  "That, That's, That's just ignorant!"   BounceGiggle Yeh, I'm not a fan either, but they served their purpose. 

5. Marylin Manson - Corporate, talentless, second-rate wannabes
Yet this comment I have no problem with.  As to the rest, I'm too old to give a sh!t.   Thumbup

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 10:51:34 PM »

The Pistols were satarizing "pop" music...that was the whole point.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:00:17 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 11:00:33 PM »

No offense to anyone wh likes the guys below...1. KISS.  As a kid, they seemed so goofy and faux-Satanic, plus the music sucked.
2. U2 - Supremely annoying in their self-righteousness.  Strangely enough I like many covers of their tunes, as long as I don't have to hear Bono's whiny voice or the Edge's 'guitar playing.'  3. Nirvana - Seems Cobain thought he was a genius, and was able to talk others into believing it, for some reason.  "An albino, a mulatto, a mosquito, my libido" makes me crack up every time.  4. R.E.M. - I have no idea what people see in this music.  5. AC/DC - boring.  6. The Cure - I'm not a moody teen, but I hated this stuff even when I was a moody teen.
7. ABBA - God!  Make it stop!  8. Nickleback - check out this link to see why!
9. Bon Jovi - hey, something I can agree with Circus Circus on musically!  10. Michael Jackson - I hated his "classic stuff" from the "Thriller" album.  Imagine how I feel about the rest of his solo career.I might have put bands like Coldplay and Radiohead on there, but I swear I cannot remember a single song by either of these guys, despite being exposed to them multiple times.
Aaah, boy-ee!  You!  You, you, you!! 
Okay, I am an old fan of U2, but not a diehard, and saw them live at least 20 something years ago at Giants Stadium in New Jersey (they were about a half inch high...) after Unforgettable Fire I lost interest in them, yeh yeh Joshua Tree... it became so overplayed for my generation that it's as annoying as LAURA BRANIGAN's "Gloria..."  but still feel that War was a superb album, though I never really liked Boy much...
ABBA in my day was certainly an embarrassment, but in the wake of the awakening of Pop awareness (a total bunchabullsh!t  You should see BONO singing "Dancing Queen" to a stadium full...) "C'mon ever'body!!! Friday night and the lights are low..."  Snicker... BounceGiggle 

Small | Large
like it, and I like ABBA well enough to own their collection.  Sure one must be in the mood, but though I reviled them in my own day, I now feel nostalgic about ABBA and enjoy their hits much more than I did, well, 30 odd years ago...

As for MICHAEL JACKSON check out Off The Wall released just prior to Thriller, and of his albums the one I like best, though I've never owned any of his albums or singles...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:05:11 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 11:14:15 PM »

...9.) Neil Young- Getting lucky with one or two decent songs doesn't warrant a 30 year career in my mind...
No offense to anyone who's a fan of these bands.  I mean, some bands mentioned by others I like, and in the end it's all in good fun.
Absolutely no offense taken, my friend, cause it is now apparent that you know very little about great music.  I do have to inform you that you are deaf or disabled to not hear NEIL YOUNG.  Yep, he sings like one critic once described BOB DYLAN (a cow with its leg caught in a fence).  But he's really more like a cat getting neutered...  BounceGiggle  I make myself laugh, but I love him so, kook that he is.  Perhaps you've heard the wrong records.   TeddyR  NEIL YOUNG has quite a few superb records to his credit and you are denied by your prejudice.  You disable yourself. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.