Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:38:35 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands  (Read 53198 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 11:24:06 PM »

Ah...something I can sink my teeth into!...What I DISLIKE!!!

I dislike many MANY bands...but these I have a STRONG dislike for personal reasons...which I will share with you-the unfortanate reader of my bile...

In no particular order...
!. CANNIBAL CORPSE-does grunting and playing fast make 'heavy'? No- It makes stupid,boring,generic death metal crap.
2.BACK STREET BOYS-or any Boy Band,for that matter!
3.SKID ROW-Sorry hair band fans....these guys suck. And the lead singer is an a$$hole.
4.the CURE-see the Rev's comment.
5. MEATLOAF.
6. NICKLEBACK and most new "metal"
7.  Eyeliner emo crap most new "punk".
8.most new rap crap.
9.most new country
10.most new ANYTHING.

....and millions more...! But that's ten.
Okay, aside from THE CURE, a band that's okay for me (I do love my pop, particularly when it's intelligent) I have no issue with any of these selections,  BounceGiggle particularly 6 thru 10...  BounceGiggle NICKELBACK...!!  "Get me a bucket, I'm going to throwup!!"  Wait, I like MEATLOAF!!!  (Oh yeh, BELA hates ROCKY HORROR) well, his one real album was just over played, and pretty good!!  I never owned it!!!   TeddyR  BounceGiggle  TeddyR  TeddyR  TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 11:26:30 PM »

1) Garth Brooks
2) Pearl Jam
3) Korn
4) Limp Bizkit
5) Napalm Death
6) Dave Mathews Band
7) The Mars Volta
8) Dragonforce
9) White Lion
10) Triumph
Well, TORGO, you get the prize of picking 10 bands that I do not give a sh!t about.   TeddyR  Thumbup

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 11:28:40 PM »

7. ...post velvet underground lou reed...
Is there such a thing?   BounceGiggle

Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2008, 02:11:14 AM »

The problem that I had with Nirvana is that (other than Kurt ripping off The Pixies)  they were inferior to other Seattle bands of the time like Soundgarden & Alice in Chains .  When Soundgarden's popularity exploded with Superunknown, everybody acted like it was due to what happened with Nirvana. They acted like it had nothing to do with the fact that Soundgarden were an amazing (and much better band) who released a fantastic album.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 02:19:09 AM »

Also, I'm a huge Radiohead fan and I've noticed them mentioned already. I've got to admit though that I can understand them getting on people's nerves.  They are definitely an acquired taste.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2008, 06:54:27 AM »

The problem that I had with Nirvana is that (other than Kurt ripping off The Pixies)  they were inferior to other Seattle bands of the time like Soundgarden & Alice in Chains .  When Soundgarden's popularity exploded with Superunknown, everybody acted like it was due to what happened with Nirvana. They acted like it had nothing to do with the fact that Soundgarden were an amazing (and much better band) who released a fantastic album.
See I like Soundgarden.  Chris Cornell had a voice that could break windows when he hit the high notes.  I also like Alice In Chains who were somewhat part of the grunge scene.  Yet it was all about Pearl Jam and Nirvana.  I do think Dave Grohl is a talented musician.  Perhaps the only talent in Nirvana. 

Side note, did anyone notice how after "Ten", Eddie Vedder went from Mr. Showman onstage to a coma victim?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 07:02:31 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2008, 08:19:54 AM »

...9.) Neil Young- Getting lucky with one or two decent songs doesn't warrant a 30 year career in my mind...
No offense to anyone who's a fan of these bands.  I mean, some bands mentioned by others I like, and in the end it's all in good fun.
Absolutely no offense taken, my friend, cause it is now apparent that you know very little about great music.  I do have to inform you that you are deaf or disabled to not hear NEIL YOUNG.  Yep, he sings like one critic once described BOB DYLAN (a cow with its leg caught in a fence).  But he's really more like a cat getting neutered...  BounceGiggle  I make myself laugh, but I love him so, kook that he is.  Perhaps you've heard the wrong records.   TeddyR  NEIL YOUNG has quite a few superb records to his credit and you are denied by your prejudice.  You disable yourself. 
I listen to what I feel is great music, personally.  It's not so much the way he sings.  It's the overall package.  Maybe I should give him a second chance, but I don't know if that's gonna happen soon.  Maybe it's my age (24), but I can't get into him.  I'll give him some credit, as I've liked certain SONGS, but the overall package isn't something I'm interested in. 

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2008, 08:22:19 AM »

...4. Nirvana - Unemployed, drug-addled geeks turned into a musical black hole
You underrate NIRVANA

6. Sex Pistols - As Above*
"As above" meaning #5.  Think Michael Johnson on SouthPark:  "That, That's, That's just ignorant!"   BounceGiggle Yeh, I'm not a fan either, but they served their purpose. 

5. Marylin Manson - Corporate, talentless, second-rate wannabes
Yet this comment I have no problem with.  As to the rest, I'm too old to give a sh!t.   Thumbup

Nirvana is a great band as far as I'm concerned.  Kurt was a drug addict, sure, but I quite feel they were a good band.  Sex Pistols did serve their purpose.  I'm into punk, so I dunno.  Most people seem turned off by Rotten's demeanor.  He seems quite cocky, but that was a good album they put out.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 09:09:16 AM »

I dn't know if he's one of the worst but Springsteen is definately overrated.  Howard stern had a great remark about him once that like he acts like he's out in middle america in this small town with no hope and meanwhile he's like an hour away from NYC by train.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2008, 09:25:38 AM »

John Cougar Mellancamp, John Mellancamp, etc etc etc...he simply sucks under any name.

DarkSider's Realm

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2008, 08:23:22 PM »

See I like Soundgarden.  Chris Cornell had a voice that could break windows when he hit the high notes.  I also like Alice In Chains who were somewhat part of the grunge scene.  Yet it was all about Pearl Jam and Nirvana.  I do think Dave Grohl is a talented musician.  Perhaps the only talent in Nirvana. 

Side note, did anyone notice how after "Ten", Eddie Vedder went from Mr. Showman onstage to a coma victim?
Alice in Chains was possibly the most underrated band of that whole grunge scene, in my opinion.  All of their albums are worth buying, worth listening to, etc.  Nirvana may have 'led the charge', but Alice takes it as possibly the better of those bands.

Now, I do like Pearl Jam, don't get me wrong.  But, you ever notice that every time Vedder sings, he gets that devil face? His chin points out, his eyes sort of squint and go up, and his mouth sort of is a half smile/half frown?  Damn that's eerie.

And yeah, I agree.  David Grohl is a damn talented musician.

Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2008, 10:13:27 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: Maybe I shouldn't post here. You guys trashed everything I like. I like anything. It is easier for me to tell you what I dislike.

I come from a radio background, so my thoughts are based my dislike for acts that the radio industry (especially in SW Mo) seem to overplay.

1. Lynard Skynard
2. Gary Puckett & the Union Gap (all of their songs are the same - I also think "This Girl Is A Woman Now" is about menarch)
3. Dave Mathews Band (I'm with someone else here - I don't get why people like this group)
4. Hootie and the Blowfish (Only good song they had was that jingle for Burger King based on "Big Rock Candy Mountain.")
5. The Tractors (They had one song that they did three or four variations of)
6. Josh Groban (This guy makes Johnny Ray seem like Perry Como)
7. Michael Bolton (Sounds like he is being tortured while he is singing)
8. Whitney Houston
9. Barry Manilow (However, I like "Some Kind of Friend" which was Barry's attempt at metal and "Coppacabana")
10. Righteous Brothers

There are also great acts who had a bad song that gets overplayed. "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits and "Desperado" by the Eagles.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 10:48:19 PM by Ozzymandias » Logged
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2008, 07:04:23 AM »

Ozzymandias speaks: Maybe I shouldn't post here. You guys trashed everything I like. I like anything. It is easier for me to tell you what I dislike.

I come from a radio background, so my thoughts are based my dislike for acts that the radio industry (especially in SW Mo) seem to overplay.

1. Lynard Skynard
2. Gary Puckett & the Union Gap (all of their songs are the same - I also think "This Girl Is A Woman Now" is about menarch)
3. Dave Mathews Band (I'm with someone else here - I don't get why people like this group)
4. Hootie and the Blowfish (Only good song they had was that jingle for Burger King based on "Big Rock Candy Mountain.")
8. Whitney Houston
9. Barry Manilow (However, I like "Some Kind of Friend" which was Barry's attempt at metal and "Coppacabana")
10. Righteous Brothers

There are also great acts who had a bad song that gets overplayed. "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits and "Desperado" by the Eagles.

Good list, glad to see Josh Groban mentioned here.  Doesn't he seem like a pompus rich boy trying to be rock at time with all the tattoos.   The guy is getting tons of @ss though.  Hootie and the Blowfish...they beyond suck. 

As for the Eagles, I never really cared for them.  Oddly though, when they went solo I liked their music a lot more. 

DarkSider's Realm

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2008, 07:45:50 AM »

Alice in Chains was possibly the most underrated band of that whole grunge scene, in my opinion.  All of their albums are worth buying, worth listening to, etc.  Nirvana may have 'led the charge', but Alice takes it as possibly the better of those bands.

Totally agree, I really dislike grunge, but I have always been a fan of AIC. They were by far the most talented of the grunge bands and they really rocked! "Dirt" is immense! RIP Layne.

1. Lynard Skynard
8. Whitney Houston
10. Righteous Brothers

Yeah, Skynard. All anybody knows is "Sweet Home" and "Free Bird" because that's all they ever played!

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 08:57:12 AM »

4. Nirvana - Unemployed, drug-addled geeks turned into a musical black hole

*Just missing out on the top ten would be Vains Of Jenna, who just plain suck!

You must love this song then:

"Smells Like Nirvana" by Weird Al Yankovic
Small | Large

Dunno if you've ever heard it, but it is quite hilarious. 

Al was gonna parody Michael Jackson for a third time, then Nirvana hit with "Teen Spirit", so Al wanted to parody that.  They were on tour, and he couldn't get a hold of them.  He finds out they're doing SNL, so he calls a friend on the show to talk to Nirvana.  Al asks to do the parody (he doesn't have to, but always does anyway), and says he'd like to parody their song.  Kurt says, "It's not about food is it?"  Al goes, "No, it's about how nobody knows what the hell you're saying in your songs."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.