Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:02:59 AM
713329 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands  (Read 53187 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2009, 09:00:58 AM »

Black Sabbath...they're not that good. Sorry.

Wow!  Buggedout That's quite a bold and shocking statement. They created heavy metal as an entire genre! Have you heard them when they're fronted by Ronnie James Dio?
Love you Circus Circus, but good for Doggett.  I've thought they were overrated for a long time.  Lookingup

I look at Sabbath as I look at the Beatles. Highly influential and I give them tons of respect.  However, their music is something not in my regular rotation.  Gasp all you want metal friends. 

I understand. For example, I don't like Led Zeppelin. But, they are a brilliant band and technically better than Sabbath, I just prefer Sabbath. I also think BS with Ozzy is overrated to some extent these days (Ozzy's better solo), though BS with Dio or even Tony Martin is faultless heavy metal IMHO.  Smile

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2009, 09:26:21 AM »

I'm not sure if I even mentioned this, I probably did, in the thread but I can't stand the Eagles.   They're another one I respect though.  However I have to say,  I generally love all of their solo projects.  Its just when their together I don't dig their vibe. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
wanderarbeiter
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2009, 01:46:48 AM »

1. The Beatles- They make some decent music, but I believe that they are one of the most overrated bands in history. The hype is what ruined it for me. I'm convinced that their fame has little to do with their music and more to do with Baby-Boomer propaganda. I'm going to stab the next person who tells me that "You wouldn't have any of the music you love today if it weren't for them" (evidently music would have come to a grinding halt had the Beatles not graced the Earth).

2. Elvis- His hips may have shocked America, but his music is just plain dumb.

I only have the two real big ones, the rest have already been listed elsewhere in this thread.

A Masterpiece of Low Expectations
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2009, 02:08:33 PM »

I hate this band! They're called Family Force 5  Lookingup

Just look at them..............douchebags

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2009, 04:39:58 PM »

10. jonas Brothers- crap
9. hanana montana/miley cyris- how many identities does one person need?
8. M.C.R.
7. Kid rock
6. Pearl Jam
5. Country
4-1 still need to think about

yeah no.
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2009, 09:02:03 PM »

1. Phil Collins - any of his solo stuff and some of Genesis post Peter Gabriel really bothers me. Watered down adult contemporary nonsense.
2. Limp Bizkit - just pretty limp overall. I find any of the so called nu-metal of the mid-late 90s just plain awful.
3. Winger - she's only seventeen? 'nuff said.
4. Fergie/Black Eyed Peas - man seeing her torn to shreds in Planet Terror was very gratifying.
5. Kanye West - does there need to be anything more said about his overblown ego?
6. Ministry-post Paul Barker - Al Jourgensen went from being an innovator in the electronic/metal scenes to making a trilogy of anti-Bush butt-rock albums for knuckle dragging galoots. And he is embarrassed by his 1983 album With Sympathy?
7. Jerry Only - please just stop... please.
8. Sting - there I said it, and I am not going to take it back.
9. Queens of the Stone Age/Kyuss - extremely overrated.
10. Gwen Stefani - I hate to break it to you honey but high school for you was over 20 years ago. I am very hit or miss with her solo stuff, it seems like a lame attempt to cross-over.

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2009, 09:19:51 PM »

Is that the only Winger song you've heard? Seems it's the only one anyone ever hears before they berate the band. For all its cheese and polished up sleaze, that song is damn catchy. But, Winger have written some great material since that they don't get any credit for e.g. on "Pull" and "IV". They are very experienced session players and all technically sound at what they do, it just happened that what they wrote was catchy and fun in the 80s, plus Kip Winger happened to be damn hot.

But that's just my opinion.  Smile

voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2009, 10:12:44 PM »

10.Pantera
9.  Pantera
8.  Pantera
7.  Pantera
6.  Pantera
5.  Pantera
4.  Pantera
3.  Pantera
2.  Pantera
1.  Pantera

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
venomx
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2009, 10:19:47 PM »

Thats funny about Winger. 17 lol ...

... anyway yeah they have some good songs man. My favorite is Battle Stations.

Small | Large
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2009, 10:42:56 PM »

I hate this band! They're called Family Force 5  Lookingup

Just look at them..............douchebags

Good god, I don't think that image could be any douchier with a box of Summer's Eve in all their hands. 
Monster Jungle X-Ray
Bad Movie Lover

Just Another Pretty Face

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2009, 11:46:21 PM »

Is that the only Winger song you've heard? Seems it's the only one anyone ever hears before they berate the band. For all its cheese and polished up sleaze, that song is damn catchy. But, Winger have written some great material since that they don't get any credit for e.g. on "Pull" and "IV". They are very experienced session players and all technically sound at what they do, it just happened that what they wrote was catchy and fun in the 80s, plus Kip Winger happened to be damn hot.

But that's just my opinion.  Smile

That's cool Circus, it wasn't a slam on the actual abilities of the band. Its just although that one song is damnably catchy it has come to epitomize to me what I dislike about the whole glam/hair metal scene in the late 80s-early 90s. I just cannot overlook the creepiness factor  TeddyR

" Society doesn't accept us because of what we are, so we're an enemy of society. " - Pa Mooney, THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!
the ghoul
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2009, 12:11:40 AM »

1. The Beatles- They make some decent music, but I believe that they are one of the most overrated bands in history. The hype is what ruined it for me. I'm convinced that their fame has little to do with their music and more to do with Baby-Boomer propaganda. I'm going to stab the next person who tells me that "You wouldn't have any of the music you love today if it weren't for them" (evidently music would have come to a grinding halt had the Beatles not graced the Earth).

2. Elvis- His hips may have shocked America, but his music is just plain dumb.

I only have the two real big ones, the rest have already been listed elsewhere in this thread.

There are way too many bands that suck for me to even attempt to sort out my top ten least favorite.  The Beatles would definitely have to be on my list though.  Elvis would not be on my list.

Karma for the Beatles comments, but I strongly disagree with the part about them making some decent music.   
BounceGiggle
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2009, 05:33:29 AM »

10.Pantera
9.  Pantera
8.  Pantera
7.  Pantera
6.  Pantera
5.  Pantera
4.  Pantera
3.  Pantera
2.  Pantera
1.  Pantera

Voltron, are you an Exhorder fan by any chance?  TeddyR

voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »

10.Pantera
9.  Pantera
8.  Pantera
7.  Pantera
6.  Pantera
5.  Pantera
4.  Pantera
3.  Pantera
2.  Pantera
1.  Pantera

Voltron, are you an Exhorder fan by any chance?  TeddyR

Lol, I've only heard a bit of Exhorder and that was along time after I heard Pantera. You can definately hear how Panterrible were "influenced" by them, though. I think the reason I hate Pantera so much is that, besides being a lousy band, they influenced (and almost singlehandedly created) what I like to call "mallcore".

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2009, 10:24:09 AM »

Yup.

I prefered them when they were flash metal.  Thumbup

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Your Top Ten Least Favorite Bands « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.