Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:16:31 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Agency (1980) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Agency (1980)  (Read 6295 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: October 23, 2008, 08:40:29 AM »

the Agency (1980) -  The DVD was pretty poor quality, especially the sound which was loud and distorted even with the volume very low, but this is definately a gem.  Lee Majors, who is sort of a bigger less cool Sean Connery is an advertising guy at the agency, which is not called " Agency" but some QS and P or something I can't remember.  His new boss is played by the inimitable Robert Mitchum who like many new bosses, immediately fires long time empolyees and generally p**ses people off and appears to have no knwoledge or interest in the business.  Nothing worse than a new boss you not only hate but can't figure out. 

anyway lost story short:  the movie is about subliminal messages.  the disco music in the ads (including a strange and horrifying one that starts the movie)  would place this much closer to the 70's thematically though you can see the short hair coming on the horizon (isn't that an interesting image? ) it's a little late in the CLonus/ 3 days of the Condor conspiracy cycle but it's pretty good anyway.   I can think of a few movies that have bonus dvd's and big price tags that aren't as good as this.  check it out.

DVD cover

note: ^ he has a full beard in the movie!! 

facial foliage  levels correct on original movie poster

« Last Edit: October 23, 2008, 09:28:20 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 08:06:50 PM »

I watched this recently.  The version I have is in a Mill Creek 50 movie pack.  I don't recall the sound being distorted, but the picture quality is like a mid-grade VHS tape or maybe slightly lower quality.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 08:48:01 AM »

spoiler****

the subliminal ad was awesome.  the one with the nazi stuff
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Agency (1980) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.