Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:03:26 PM
714241 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Postal (2007) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Postal (2007)  (Read 2198 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: August 28, 2008, 03:45:55 PM »

Ok, let me first go ahead and make everyone aware of something before reading this review:

THIS FILM WAS DIRECTED BY UWE BOLL....YES, THAT UWE BOLL.

Now that that fact has been put out there, read this:  Postal is pretty damn good.

The film is based on the PC game, Postal 2.  The video game was a first person shooter in which you played The Postal Dude.  You live in a trailer, have an enormously overweight wife who is cheating on you, and you live in a desert town in the middle of nowhere that is called "Paradise".  In the game, you could go about your regular errands in town, or you could accomplish them while massacring anyone you wanted in the most brutal and inventive of ways.

The film is similar.  Zach Ward (Scut Furkus - A Christmas Story) plays the Dude.  He lives in a trailer in Paradise with his disgustingly overweight wife.  He's recently unemployed and is having a tough time getting a new job.  Basically, things suck hard for him.

One day he comes home to find his wife getting it on with someone else from the trailer park.  At that point, he goes to see his uncle (Dave Foley - Kids In The Hall / Newsradio).  Uncle Dave runs a religious cult that is basically just a scam for him to get laid by extremely hot women.  He's currently in debt to the IRS, and is looking for a way out.  He and The Dude decide to hijack a shipment of Krotchy dolls and sell them at an enormous price. 

See, Krotchy is the star of the biggest kids show in the world.  The character is basically a penis and testicles that walks and talks.  The character is voiced by Verne Troyer who also appears in the film.

Their plan to steal the dolls is a good idea, but they don't realize that Osaba and the Taliban are residing in Paradise as well.  They have a evil plan for the dolls, and are on a quest to steal them as well.  All of this leads up to an enormous amount of weapons, children getting mowed down by bullets, and Uwe Boll himself getting shot in the balls.

The film is comedy of the lowest brow form, but it's fun.....hell, it's a LOT of fun.  Uwe shows up and plays himself as the owner of an amusement park fashioned to look like Germany.  It gives the man to make fun of himself and even admit that his films are funded by Nazi gold.  He even pays Verne Troyer for his showing up at the amusement park by handing him gold teeth.

I knew the film was going to be interesting when the film starts out with two terrorists that have taken over a plane.  They are in the cockpit, talking about how they are looking forward to the virgins only to find that Osama has told each of them that they will receive a different number of virgins.  It all leads to a phone call to Osama, and a change of plans to go to the Bahamas right before being taken over by the passengers.

Tasteless?  Yes.  Fun?  Yes.  Uwe Boll's best film?  Without a doubt.

Boll has been getting progressively better at making films.  Here, he shows that maybe he should be making offensive comedies in a Troma sort of vein.  The man actually does a damn good comedy.  It's not for everyone.  It sets out to offend every since race and religion out there, and it does a good job of each.  Since everyone is equally ripped on, the film becomes an almost transcendent satire.

The film accurately holds the tone of the videogame.  It does feel like a Postal videogame, and Boll should be applauded for such.  If you're in the mood for something absolutely trashy, but fun, then give it a try.  I have a feeling you won't be disappointed.

Be warned though, I never wanted to see Dave Foley completely naked.  Sadly, there is a scene, about 5 minutes in length that has the man bearing all, and it's not anything anyone ever needs to see.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:45:05 PM »

I met Verne Troyer around the time this was being made. I asked him what was his next movie...he said it was a comedy called POSTAL. If I had known it was a Uwe Boll movie I would have tried to get a little more info about it. This was about November of 2006.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Postal (2007) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.