Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:44:12 PM
714314 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Halloween 2 Director's Cut - Rob Zombie Version « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Halloween 2 Director's Cut - Rob Zombie Version  (Read 4009 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: November 30, 2010, 02:25:21 PM »

This movie sucks.  Michael attacks a hospital near the beginning of the movie.  This takes up nearly ten minutes of screen time.  AND IT'S ALL JUST A DREAM!  f**k you, Rob Zombie!

After that, we spend a good deal of time in the company of Lori, the survivor from the first Rob Zombie Halloween.  Lori screams at everyone because she's insane.  Lori screams at her best friend Annie (also a survivor), because Lori is insane.  Lori screams at her psychiatrist, because Lori is insane.  Lori has nightmares where she is either killed or kills people, because Lori is insane.  Lori has a nervous breakdown when she sees people in Halloween costumes, because Lori is insane.  Did I mention that Lori is insane?  Well, Rob Zombie sure does.

Meanwhile, Michael Myers wanders around, having dreams about his mother that bear a suspicious resemblance to Rob Zombie music videos.  Every now and then, Michael will kill someone.  But it's ok, the people he kills are by and large incredible a***oles who deserved to die.  That's good, I guess, otherwise we might feel upset or even -gasp- horrified or something that an insane madman just killed some innocent people.  Lord knows you don't want your audience to feel like that during a horror movie.

Oh, and every third world of dialogue is "f**k".  Because that's how people talk, I guess.

And ... that's about where I gave up.  I just couldn't finish it.  I suppose Rob Zombie deserves some kind of credit for making a Halloween movie even worse than Halloween 6.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 02:47:09 PM by akiratubo » Logged

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 04:02:21 PM »

Yeah, I detested this film. I actually thought the first one was pretty good. Here is what Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 lacked that the first one had:

1. Character and story development.
2. A very interesting and chilling kid who played the young Michael Myers.
3. An actual performance by Sheri Moon Zombie.

What Rob did with the second installment was horrid and unforgiveable. He essentially took whatever the characters had in the first one and stripped it from them: sanity, goodness, soul, everything. Dr. Loomis was absolutely disgusting and uninteresting. If he lost his way and became an a-hole, fine, at least make him an interesting a-hole.

One thing I will say that Rob was able to pull of that seemed impossible to me: he managed to create characters that were, by name, the same ones from the first film, but beyond that, had no resemblance whatsoever to their previous incarnation. How is that even possible? Wouldn't you think that at least some of what made the characters at least somewhat interesting in the first one would have bled through just by accident?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Javakoala
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 12:51:07 PM »

I hated this film as well. I LIKE Rob Zombie as a director. But this mess smacks of a contactural agreement that he had to sign and when pressed into making this movie, he went out of his way to make the worst thing possible. I mean, the violence is pure Zombie, but the rest of it is brain-dead.

I should have shut it off when he negated the first film by altering what happened in Michael's childhood in the flashbacks. One of the scenes of Michael talking took place after he never spoke another word (according to the first film). Having him express what appeared to be real joy in another flashback never happened in the first film, not even with his mother, was another way to undercut what had happened before.

And, in keeping with the comments of previous postings, the main character went from someone you could root for to someone you prayed would be killed...the sooner the better.

A joke all the way around. I refuse to believe Rob Zombie put his heart into this film. Unless he states he feels he expressed himself best with this particular film, I will maintain the belief he was legally forced to crank out another movie and brought forth this miscarriage to avoid a third film.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 12:39:11 AM »

A joke all the way around. I refuse to believe Rob Zombie put his heart into this film. Unless he states he feels he expressed himself best with this particular film, I will maintain the belief he was legally forced to crank out another movie and brought forth this miscarriage to avoid a third film.
I think it's something to this effect.  He stated at one point after the first came out and before the second even started shooting that he didn't really see a sequel getting made.  He wanted to remake Halloween.  Akkad and the studio gave him that opportunity, and Carpenter even liked the script, apparently, as it was a different take on the series.  But then, it was successful.  He seemed to state that he wasn't interested in a sequel, but something about contracts and he wanted to do one based on ENDING the series there.  Not stopping the studio though, as Todd Farmer of Jason X fame is being brought in to write and direct a third. 

As for Halloween 2...it was a slight letdown.  The only, only highlight for me was the scene with Dr. Loomis in an interview with Chris Hardwicke and Weird Al.  I'm a big fan of all three guys, so it was a bit surreal to see Weird Al in a movie with the dude from A Clockwork Orange.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 03:33:05 PM »

I think that the sequel would have been much better if they have had him actually kill Laurie after the whole hospital sequence and not have it be a dream sequence. That would have really thrown the audience off kilter but then again it might have brought up horrible memories for fans of the atrocious Halloween Resurrection in which Jamie Lee was killed off during the first 10 minutes or so.

I think that the director's cut of Halloween 2 works much better than the theatrical cut but it still reeks of a movie that was put together very, very quickly without much thought being able to be afforded to its creation.

As Rob Zombie films, I appreciate both of this Halloween movies as I greatly like him as a filmmaker. But I can completely understand people hating them as I thought that I would being such a huge fan of the 1978 John Carpenter original.   

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 03:51:04 AM »

I take the Zombie Halloween movies as a true "re-imagining" despite the fact that said term is pretty much thrown around to make remakes sound less sucko. I liken them to a different interpretation of Dracula: same general character, different origins, ways of doing things, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »

As Rob Zombie films, I appreciate both of this Halloween movies as I greatly like him as a filmmaker. But I can completely understand people hating them as I thought that I would being such a huge fan of the 1978 John Carpenter original.   

I hated Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 because it was just a flat-out bad, bad, bad movie.  It doesn't need to be compared unfavorably to the original to suck.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 11:16:20 PM »

Zombie's a favorite of mine but H2 just sucked.

Devil's Rejects hands down is his best.

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 02:52:42 PM »

Saw this one in theatres when it came out. Sucked. to the max. His FIRST one wazznt to bad though. Although I don't care for the uncut dvd version of it. I prefer the theatrical version, which is very rare for me. I just liked the way he escaped in the theatrical one much better. makes his a bit more evil and unstoppable, as opposed to the uncut one, where he just walks out of an open door, after a really unesessary rape scene. Not that I'm against rape in movies. I LOVE "Thriller: a Cruel Picture", it just seemed out of place in Halloween.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2011, 04:01:37 PM »

Saw this one in theatres when it came out. Sucked. to the max. His FIRST one wazznt to bad though. Although I don't care for the uncut dvd version of it. I prefer the theatrical version, which is very rare for me. I just liked the way he escaped in the theatrical one much better. makes his a bit more evil and unstoppable, as opposed to the uncut one, where he just walks out of an open door, after a really unesessary rape scene. Not that I'm against rape in movies. I LOVE "Thriller: a Cruel Picture", it just seemed out of place in Halloween.
The rape scene was just pointless and needless.  The theatrical version is best.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Halloween 2 Director's Cut - Rob Zombie Version « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.