Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:08:24 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  College (2008) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: College (2008)  (Read 2966 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: August 30, 2008, 01:04:21 AM »

Saw this yesterday at a matinee showing for $6.25 and had a good time.   Smile
I was gonna choose either this or Babylon A.D. but was more in the mood for a raunchy comedy.
College definitely delivered.   Thumbup

Check out the trailer:
Small | Large

I looked online for some reviews before I went to see it but was unable to find any, which makes me think that it wasn't screened for critics.  I don't know why, because it was actually a pretty fun movie.

Three nerdy high school kids are told by a friend of the awesome time he had the previous weekend visiting Fieldmont University so they decide to head out to that college and have the time of their lives.
The main kid is a dead ringer for James Van Der Beek but is kind of a loser...or so his former girlfriend tells him so.
The second kid is a skinny nerdy guy with glasses.
And the third kid looks like a very young John Candy and he's the most obnoxious of the trio.

They go to a frat house lying to everyone and telling them they're in college.
After all, if they told these people that they were still in high school, no one would give them the time of day.
The first day there, the frat guys start giving them a hard time and during a crazy party that night, they make the kids participate in a body shot contest that will literally make you cringe.   Buggedout

Over the next two days, relations with the frat guys sour pretty badly and after the frat guys do some nasty things to them, the kids decide to get revenge.

This movie is like PCU, Superbad and Revenge of the Nerds combined.

It's like PCU because they're pre-frosh checking out a cool party school. (no school classes are seen)
It's like Superbad because there are three main characters and one of them is overweight and one is skinny.
And it's like Revenge of the Nerds because of the way they get back at the evil frat guys. 
I must admit that they come up with some pretty funny and gross revenge ideas.   Wink
This movie has elements from those three films but it feels fresh and new.  It never feels like they blatantly ripped off those other films.

Oh, and there's lots of boobies in this movie!  That's pretty much obligatory in a raunchy college comedy.
Don't let that trailer fool you.  This film earns it's R rating.  Lots of swearing, nudity and drug/alcohol abuse happen in this flick.

This is the movie I wished Superbad would've been.
Don't get me wrong, Superbad was ok, but when those two cops entered the picture, the movie completely sank for me.
I just could not suspend disbelief and actually believe that those cops would act the way they did in that movie.
I kept thinking that it would've been a much better film if they hadn't been in it.

College was a fun romp with three nerdy kids you could root for.  It has lots of gross out moments but none of them are so gross that it would turn you off for the rest of the movie.
Well, one part was.  Try not to cringe when you see a guy pour beer down a hairy guy's ass crack and another guy below him drinking it as it runs down.  Ewww!! 

Overall, I enjoyed College for what it was and give it 3 out of 4 stars.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 05:30:40 AM by Ash » Logged
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 09:17:34 AM »

I may see this this week at some point when I'm on vacation.  Looks pretty funny.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »

I'll probably buy or rent it when it comes out on DVD, it looks like my kind of film.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 11:17:48 AM »

I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD.  It doesn't look like that great of a film.  I know is was given a not so great score on IMDB but I don't use their ratings as the be all tell of how a movie is.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  College (2008) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.