Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:20:42 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  DRILLBIT TAYLOR (2008) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DRILLBIT TAYLOR (2008)  (Read 2545 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: August 30, 2008, 12:38:51 PM »

I watched this one last night on a recommendation from a friend, and it was pretty good.  Not great, but pretty good.  It had some good laughs, it was relatively clean, and the story was engaging.
Two best friends, a skinny nerd named Wade and a little porker named Ryan, head off to their first day of high school with high hopes.  When they spot the school bully stuffing a smaller kid into his locker, Wade speaks up and the bully turns his wrath on them.  After days of abuse from this thug, the kids decide to hire a bodyguard to protect them - none other than Owen Wilson, a homeless U.S. Army deserter who dreams of saving enough money to fo to Canada and start a new life.  Problem is, Drillbit can't stand violence . . . .

I watched the unrated version of this, but other than potty humor and some mild profanity, and a couple of shots of Wilson's butt that I could have done without, it wasn't bad at all - a funny comedy with a few laugh out loud moments.  Don't watch it expecting a "tits and zits" AMERICAN PIE style sex comedy - but if you were ever picked on by a bully in high school, or just like movies about little losers growing up and finding they can believe in themselves, this one is not bad.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 02:02:47 PM »

I too enjoyed this movie

SORT OF SPOILER

One of my favorite parts is at the end when everyone is staring in awe because he managed to catch that samarai sword, but his pinky falls off and he freaks out, as anyone would do.

END SPOILER.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »

I saw parts of it on the plane when I went to Las Vegas last month . . . much of the time I wasn't listening to the audio.  It seemed like an okay movie, but the portions I saw weren't good enough to make me want to see the entire movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 10:13:08 PM »

I thought it was okay at best.  It seemed more like a kid's movie to me. 

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  DRILLBIT TAYLOR (2008) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.