Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:50:03 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Palin's Newborn Possibly Not Hers? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Palin's Newborn Possibly Not Hers?  (Read 26192 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »

Not everything, you still have NO say in what MY state says was right or wrong in regards to her firing of the Police Chief, but I also take that as just typical internet throwing as much crap as one can at the wall just to see what sticks. The "Bridge to Nowhere" is an ALASKA issue, It doesn't concern others, so they're scarcely in any position ito hold it against anyone. Most people don't even understand what it was about, they just see it as a hot topic amongst others, and are trying to feed off of it. . .

I understand what you're getting at, , but people are complaining about what she has done IN this state, , without really knowing what was RIGHT for the state or not, , just knowing it wouldn't be right for THEM. They weren't a part of the equasion when that decision was made, , therefore they're not really in a position to make a viable complaint. What was right for Alaska might not be right for the rest of the US, , but the US wasn't her responsibility when those decisions were made. Complaining about them is little more than retaliation for, , ,nothing. . .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2008, 05:49:04 PM »

The Bridge to Nowhere was Federal funding, which makes it an issue for the rest of the 49 states as well.  Her firing of the police cheif and threatening a librarian shows the ethics of Palin, which is to threaten anyone who disagrees with her about anything.  That is not the qualities I look for when I choose a leader.  The trooper scandal shows she is not above using her power to try to do whatever she wants, regardless of consequences.  And her vault unto the national stage puts a giant spotlight on the many Alaska issues (including unrelated issues like Ted Stevens), further highlighting McCain's rash decision in picking her.  Her speech today had to be rewritten because it was already written...for a man!  They picked her last minute, had no idea what they were in for, and are now blaming the media.  I don't understand his pick at all.

akiratubo

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2008, 06:42:02 PM »

We had a debate about secession from 1861-1865.  The answer was "No".

If Alaska, Hawaii, or any other state wants to secede, I say more power to them!  Breaking away from a government you feel doesn't represent you adequately or fairly is THE most American thing I can imagine anyone doing.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2008, 07:02:05 PM »

The Bridge to Nowhere was Federal funding, which makes it an issue for the rest of the 49 states as well.  Her firing of the police cheif and threatening a librarian shows the ethics of Palin, which is to threaten anyone who disagrees with her about anything.  That is not the qualities I look for when I choose a leader.  The trooper scandal shows she is not above using her power to try to do whatever she wants, regardless of consequences.  And her vault unto the national stage puts a giant spotlight on the many Alaska issues (including unrelated issues like Ted Stevens), further highlighting McCain's rash decision in picking her.  Her speech today had to be rewritten because it was already written...for a man!  They picked her last minute, had no idea what they were in for, and are now blaming the media.  I don't understand his pick at all.

. . sigh, , her firing of the police chief was found by MY state to be within her powers. You are not arguing ETHICS, you are arguing that YOUR rules are RIGHT, and OUR rules are WRONG. Yes the Bridge to nowhere was FEDERAL money, but it was Non-allocated federal money, , so it was OUR MONEY to do with what we please, not what YOU decide was right. Just because it was Federal money does NOT mean everyone in the entire union has a say in how it is used. Again, the attitudes towards these issues is why many Alaskans are FOR the AIP, which was the point I took issue with in the first place. For some reason, people in the lower 48 have this huge problem with the AIP, and quite bluntly, it's so childish it's scary. It sounds like a bunch of kids going "You have to play the game MY way, ,and, , you're not allowed to quit". Many people from the lower 48 don't want Alaska to succeed from the union, so they label those that support succession things like "radical", much the same as they do Al-Qiada, and then have the audacity to wonder why people feel that way. Alaska is the bastard-stepchild for the most part, , there are so many ways where Alaska isn't on the same playing field as the rest of the states, and many of us have questioned weather being one of the states is really worth it.

Many people from the lower 48 complain about Alaskans wanting independence, when they figure out why they don't want it to happen, they'll understand why so many Alaskans DO want it to happen.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 07:18:43 PM by ghouck » Logged

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
AnubisVonMojo
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Jesus H. Chelios!

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2008, 07:39:23 PM »

Obviously the government will do everything it can to keep Alaska for the same reason they wanted it in the first place: oil. And in the current economic atmosphere? Maybe courting Palin could be part of the "let's try to keep Alaska in our power as much as possible" plan... Buggedout

"Don't make me stain my last clean shirt with the back of your head." - Shatter Dead
"A grizzly bear with a chainsaw. Now THERE's a killing machine!" - The Simpsons
"I've always wanted to make love to an angry welder." - Jaws: the Revenge
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 08:55:04 PM »

Actually, our acquisition of Alaska from Russia in 1869 was not motivated by our desire for oil . . . . TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 11:12:37 PM »

Obama:
B.A in political science from Columbia University, with a specialization in international relations
J.D. in Law from Hardvard, graduated magna cum laude; President of the Harvard Law Review
12 years (92-04) teaching constitutional law
7 years State Senator: sponsored more than 800 bills
4 years Senator for Illinos, a state with 12.8 million people

So he's a out of touch elites that doesn't connect with middle America.

Name one bill he's authored. Sponsoring a bill is nothing, just means your name is attached to it, but hey he voted PRESENT over 100 times.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »

Labor Day is when you announce your teenage daughter is pregnant.  Another victory for abstinence only education! Cheers
Ya know, Tars, girls from every religious, ideological, and political background get pregnant in their teens every day.  Very few, if any, of their parents wanted that to happen.  But as long as young men are programmed, by both biology and Hollywood, to believe that if they haven't gotten laid by the time they are 16, that they are some sort of bizarre, pathetic freak, teenage girls are going to get pregnant, get STD's, or whatever, REGARDLESS of whether they had comprehensive sex ed or abstinence based instruction.  Because they all believe it won't happen to them if they give in just this once . . .
How about this:  If you disagree with someone's politics, religion, or life philosophy, bashing them for it is a part of what freedom of speech is all about. But regardless of our politics, can we all agree that the candidate's kids, especially when they are minors, should be off limits?
You're right that teenagers will always be interested in sex.  The point is that it is outrageous that this teenage girl should be engaging in UNPROTECTED sex, STDs being the primary concern.  Education starts in the home, so PALIN may be a talented Governor, but falls short like many ordinary parents do.  And for the record, "Abstinence only education," as a term, is an oxymoron. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:01:01 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
clockworkcanary
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2008, 01:17:48 PM »

Obama:
B.A in political science from Columbia University, with a specialization in international relations
J.D. in Law from Hardvard, graduated magna cum laude; President of the Harvard Law Review
12 years (92-04) teaching constitutional law
7 years State Senator: sponsored more than 800 bills
4 years Senator for Illinos, a state with 12.8 million people

So he's a out of touch elites that doesn't connect with middle America.

Well, we were talking credentials.  McCain can no longer credibly attack Obama's experience if he's putting a lesser Republican Governor a step away from the Presidency (with 17 more experienced Republican Governors).  The point of the exchange is that McCain could have picked a better VP for the country; instead he picked a better one at polarization the American public.

It is rather saddening to see such a negative viewpoint of education in our country though.  Sad that education is seen as being elite, nerdy, or just plain bad.  However, it looks rather foolish when an even richer guy (McCain) is the one crying "elite."  In Psychology, they call that defense mechanism "Projection."  It's also sad that community organizers are now under attack. 

At any rate, I know more middle class folks who can relate to Obama who comes from a split family, went through college, and just finished paying off his student loans.  Perhaps most of middle America can better relate to McCain's having several mansions and flying around on his wife's private jet.

But the bigger questions remain: how will the new running mate's credentials and governor experience play out in dealing with our faltering economy, international affairs, and domestic issues?  She has yet to really say.  We heard a lot from her on how bad the Dems are but I have yet to hear a reason I should choose them.

Join us as we discuss all things schlock at Three Knock Theater podcast:

Facebook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/197572800347267/

Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLYkyXabfSwpcRQjhUMErQ
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2008, 06:50:09 PM »

Well, we were talking credentials.  McCain can no longer credibly attack Obama's experience if he's putting a lesser Republican Governor a step away from the Presidency (with 17 more experienced Republican Governors).  The point of the exchange is that McCain could have picked a better VP for the country; instead he picked a better one at polarization the American public.

It is rather saddening to see such a negative viewpoint of education in our country though.  Sad that education is seen as being elite, nerdy, or just plain bad.  However, it looks rather foolish when an even richer guy (McCain) is the one crying "elite."  In Psychology, they call that defense mechanism "Projection."  It's also sad that community organizers are now under attack. 

At any rate, I know more middle class folks who can relate to Obama who comes from a split family, went through college, and just finished paying off his student loans.  Perhaps most of middle America can better relate to McCain's having several mansions and flying around on his wife's private jet.

But the bigger questions remain: how will the new running mate's credentials and governor experience play out in dealing with our faltering economy, international affairs, and domestic issues?  She has yet to really say.  We heard a lot from her on how bad the Dems are but I have yet to hear a reason I should choose them.

I think you are missing the point, and spinning. Education is one thing, "elite" Ivy league education is another. Columbia and Harvard are extreme liberal schools and Palin is not a member of it and that is a good thing.

McCain owns ZERO homes, his wifes owns them and no one in middle America can blame him for marrying up. McCain doesn't act like, talk like a member of the elite, Obama does.

Palin still has more experience than the community organizer. Hell she's a real person, not some self appointed 'celeb-u-tard'. She could be the mom next door, and lady down the street, she is someone we all know and can relate too, Obama and his militant wife are not. 

If you know more middle class people that can relate to Obama than Palin then you must not know many middle class people, because the ones I know are very pleased with this choice.

And no she hasn't really said how to deal with the gloomy world the Democrats live in, because it wasn't hers to do last night. And as for the faulting economy we had 3.3% growth last quarter how is that faltering? And we have not had one single negative growth quarter during the Bush administration ... something Clinton can't claim.  Recession is defined by 2 quarters of negative growth.

But I'm not going to change your mind and you're not going to change mine ...

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 11:55:58 AM »

Here is an interesting article on PALIN
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucru/20080904/cm_ucru/sarahpalinqueenofthenobodies

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2008, 01:21:56 PM »

You know I was trying to resist posting this clip from the Daily Show, but it's too funny.  I think it points out the quick shifting amoral world that politicians live in.

Small | Large

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 08:22:22 PM »

Ted Rall is a liberal writer and surely you don't think he's going to write a unbiased opinion piece.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 10:22:52 PM »

Ted Rall is a liberal writer and surely you don't think he's going to write a unbiased opinion piece.
That should be "an unbiased."   TeddyR  I said it was interesting, I didn't say it was unbiased.  Y'know, CHEEZEE, the word "liberal" shouldn't be bandied about like an obscenity, such as, well, "community organizer."   BounceGiggle Smile
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:45:56 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2008, 02:20:37 AM »

Palin's speech was okay, she delivered it well despite it being 99% Bush talking points.  It was better than McCain's speech (maybe she should drop him...) but Obama beat them both.  Palin has yet to speak to the media, which is pretty odd for an active candidate.

As for "elitism", McCain's wife wore over $300,000 on her outfit for the GOP convention.  I could buy TEN of the house I own with that money.  Then I'd be equal with John McCain!  But McCain's not elite: billionaires=not elite, guy who went to an ivy league school=elite.  After all, Middle America is 100% billionaires who can't get into Harvard.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Palin's Newborn Possibly Not Hers? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.