Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:17:39 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Invisible People « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Invisible People  (Read 24871 times)
Rhys
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:37:28 PM »

I remembered an invisible thingy too, wondering if somebody can help.

Basically, all i remember is that they're not actually invisible. But people don't notice they're there at all.
I kind of remember a quote going something like

"so are we invisible?"
"not invisible, but they can't see us - to them we're nothing more than a passing thought"
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 08:16:33 PM »

This is probably not right, but those lines remind me of something the angels said in WINGS OF DESIRE (black and white, subtitled).  Maybe it was from the American remake, CITY OF ANGELS (with Nic Cage and Meg Ryan)?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
KreepLX
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »

I think I remember an old Star Trek episode like this. I think they were moving really fast and when they were around the people in regular time, the regular time people could hear a buzzing or something like that. Do you think it could be an old Star Trek episode?
Hibbins
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 12:24:23 PM »

Some of it sounds like Ghost(1990)
Small | Large
CaptnTripps
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 11:52:21 AM »

this one is bugging me, because it sounds so familiar...still searching.  Question

"Look at this! It bit me, i've been savaged"
CaptnTripps
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 08:42:08 PM »

This is probably not right, but those lines remind me of something the angels said in WINGS OF DESIRE (black and white, subtitled).  Maybe it was from the American remake, CITY OF ANGELS (with Nic Cage and Meg Ryan)?

I second the possibility of City of Angels, maybe ill rent it here soon.

"Look at this! It bit me, i've been savaged"
Keir
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 12:19:54 AM »

I think I remember an old Star Trek episode like this. I think they were moving really fast and when they were around the people in regular time, the regular time people could hear a buzzing or something like that. Do you think it could be an old Star Trek episode?
That was the first thing I thought of as well, only I'm not so sure it was a Star Trek episode.  It's actually something I've been trying to remember for a long time.  Some other suggestions people have given me were an episode of Twilight Zone (Elegy) and an episode of The Outer Limits (The Premonition).  The Premonition is very close in concept, but it doesn't have the quote mentioned, or the bit about them buzzing.  Also, I seem to recall it was in color, not B&W, and I thought it was a movie not a TV show (but of course I could be wrong).  Would be great if someone could solve this mystery.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 07:38:16 AM »

There was something like that in the first episode of the TV show Torchwood. There was an entrance to a secret facility, and even though it was right out in the open, the main character explained that nobody noticed people going in or out of it because, well, something very close to your quote about being a passing thought.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
GoHawks
Bad Movie Lover

Happiness is a dancing beagle.

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 10:25:26 PM »

Basically, all i remember is that they're not actually invisible. But people don't notice they're there at all.

I don't think this is what the OP was looking for, but there was an episode of "Space Academy" where at least one person somehow became invisible, I think because they were moving really fast and just couldn't be seen.  (Or was it the sequel "Jason of Star Command"?)

More recently, "Stargate SG-1" had a few episodes like this:

In episode #3.21 "Crystal Skull", Daniel Jackson becomes invisible after looking into the eyes of a crystal skull.

In episode #4.3 "Upgrades", the team wear special alien armbands that give them greatly increased speed and strength; when moving fast they are basically just blurs that "normal" people can't even react to.

In episode #9.18 "Arthur's Mantle", Sam and Colonel Mitchell get "translated" into an alternate dimension where no one can see them but they're still there.

In episode #10.12 "Line in the Sand" Sam uses the same technology to hide a building and the people in it.

It's not likely, but if any of these are what the OP was looking for, it is probably SG-1 episode 9.18.

"Please do not offer my god a peanut."  -  Apu
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 11:26:06 PM »

Actually the "Star Trek" suggestion is pretty good - "Wink of an Eye" has aliens (Scalosians) who cannot be seen because they are moving at a faster rate of speed than the crew of the Enterprise. They do sound like buzzing insects to the crew however.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 07:33:55 AM »

I was thinking of that Star Trek ep as well.  There was also an ep of Star Trek: The Next Generation (eta: "The Next Phase" season 5 ep 24) that had Geordie and Rho out-of-phase so they could not be seen.  The line qutoted in the op seems similar to something Geordie said in that one.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:44:00 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 08:53:55 PM »

I'll add one more, but it's probably not it. There was an episode of "The Wild, Wild West" called "The Night of the Burning Diamond " that dealt with a sped up person. 
The speeded up motion power was provided by diamonds. It also used the high pitched noise effect when someone was moving at speed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0748513/
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:58:34 PM by Bargle5 » Logged

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Unsolved Archives  |  Invisible People « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.