Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:00:22 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Actor Brad Garrett to have prostate exam on live tv « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Actor Brad Garrett to have prostate exam on live tv  (Read 8182 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: September 05, 2008, 10:23:22 AM »

Eeeewwwww! 

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/StandUp2Cancer/Story?id=5719014&page=1

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 11:09:39 AM »

I'll make sure to avoid watching that.  I hate to admit that I had my first prostate exam several weeks ago at a young age (23) and I didn't enjoy it but it had to be done to check to see if I was having problems related to a skin infection that I had.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 12:08:40 PM »

I predict this will have worse ratings than Cop Rock.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 11:20:05 PM »

I can laugh about this now but at the time I was not amused, ever since I got to be 50 I've had a prostate exam once a year. The urologist I go to is a very nice guy, explains what he's going to do, what he's found, (so far nothing), what it means and so forth. 2 years ago when he came into the exam room he had 2 younger doctors with him, he explained that they were interns from the UCLA medical school and would be learning how a doctor runs a practice, did I mind if they were there. I said no, big mistake.
He does the first part of the exam, taking his time, explaining what he's doing to the students and why he's doing it. I understand this, it's no big deal, then he says "Now we come to the actual prostate exam itself". If you've never had one this part involves you resting on your arms while bending over the exam table with your pants around your ankles. In he goes, he's a very thorough guy and this time he's going slow and describing everything to the interns. Normally I find the exam very uncomfortable, this time it was excruciating but I figured at least it wasn't one of the interns. Eventually he withdrew his finger and at that point I heard him Say "Now when you do your exam see if you feel what I described" at that point one of the interns tried to see if his finger would come out of my nose, I tried to stand up and turn around at the same time, didn't work out to well, however me yelling "GET THAT THE @#%* OUTTA THERE!!" brought the educational portion of the program to a close.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 08:41:42 AM by Dennis » Logged

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 03:01:41 AM »

however me yelling "GET THAT THE @#%* OUTTA THERE!!" brought the educational portion of the program to a close.

TeddyR TeddyR BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
trekgeezer

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 06:11:31 PM »

I've had what I refer to as the "finger wave" quite a few times.  If you think it hurts during a prostate exam, just hope you never get a prostate infection and they give it a massage!

Talk about scratching the plaster off the walls.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 04:13:59 AM »

I've had what I refer to as the "finger wave" quite a few times.  If you think it hurts during a prostate exam, just hope you never get a prostate infection and they give it a massage!

Talk about scratching the plaster off the walls.

Buggedout TeddyR TeddyR

I think Captain Kirk in your avatar is having that exact same massage.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 11:54:30 AM »

then he says "Now we come to the actual prostate exam itself". If you've never had one this part involves you resting on your arms while bending over the exam table with your pants around your ankles. In he goes, he's a very thorough guy and this time he's going slow and describing everything to the interns. Normally I find the exam very uncomfortable, this time it was excruciating but I figured at least it wasn't one of the interns. Eventually he withdrew his finger and at that point I heard him Say "Now when you do your exam see if you feel what I described" at that point one of the interns tried to see if his finger would come out of my nose, I tried to stand up and turn around at the same time, didn't work out to well, however me yelling "GET THAT THE @#%* OUTTA THERE!!" brought the educational portion of the program to a close.

Yeah, comfortable with interns being there and comfortable with everyone having a turn fishing around in your corn chute are not the same thing. He should have known better.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
trekgeezer

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 11:43:41 AM »

Hey I watched the program and the guy doing the exam wasn't a doctor, but an actor.  I can't tell you his name, but I know I've seen him in commercials.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Weird News Stories  |  Actor Brad Garrett to have prostate exam on live tv « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.