Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:36:52 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Hee Haw « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Hee Haw  (Read 23069 times)
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 03:28:01 AM »

I used to get a kick out of Charlie Farquharson (AKA Don Harron).

In Canada, he's also known as a stand-alone comedy act (and can still be booked for functions). I used to have a couple of his albums as a kid.

Some of the regular Hee Haw bits actually make me laugh more now than they did at the time. "Plfllflflt, you was gone" has always been a favourite. The gossip intro was funny too (you'll never hear one of us repeating gossip, so you'd better be sure and listen close the first time). And I used to get a kick out of those short, single-joke sketches with the father and daughter, where the punchline always involved some abuse he's recently inflicted on her boyfriend.
Ozzymandias speaks: Don Harron was on the Man from U.N.C.L.E as a character named Kitt Kitridge. He was killed in an early episode but returned later.

I also have the pilot episode and you can see how they copied "Laugh-In", complete with the early music video stuff. I would love to have a CD of the Hager Twins doing "Gamblin Man."

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 06:25:53 AM »

Harron made the rounds of a few classic shows from the 50s to the 70s. I'm actually kind of surprised he didn't become more famous outside of Canada, like some other alumni of the Stratford Shakespeare Festival. Here he is doing Taming of the Shrew with Shatner in 1954.

Harron's still performing and making the odd TV appearance, but at 84 years old, the last thing I saw him in was a commercial for funeral insurance.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Menard
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 04:20:24 PM »

Hey Grandpa! What's fer dinner?!?  BounceGiggle

The Hee Haw Honeys  Twirling
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2008, 02:44:32 PM »

Hee Haw Honeys....with Mr. Gary Muledeer.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flu-Bird
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 01:09:03 AM »

WHERE OH WHERE ARE YOU TONIGHT? or MINNIE PEARL HER HAT TAG as a price tag $1:98 or CALL BR-549 and that hapless hen sitting on something that wasnt alway a egg
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Hee Haw « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.