Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:15:35 AM
714352 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Go To Malls? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do You Go To Malls Often?
Yes, I'm on a first name basis with the security guards. - 1 (4.8%)
Yes, but only to get what I need and get the hell out. - 8 (38.1%)
Once every few months, or when my significant other drags me. - 7 (33.3%)
No, Keep Me Away From Those Centers Of Evil. - 5 (23.8%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do You Go To Malls?  (Read 8897 times)
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 11:15:34 AM »

In the new mall in town near where I live, there was always these Greek women who kept stopping my girlfriend and wanted to put loads of weird amke-up on her. They were really irritating as they were nice people, but they wouln't take no for an answer, so I ended up wasting a whole wad of cash on this cheap glitter crap.  Hatred

I sometimes get that crap but not so much any more.  It happened to me once at a mall that was right near where I went to tech school a few years ago.  I was walking around there for some reason and some lady got like a foot from my face and was asking about buying this lotion for my mother or sister.  I had about half a urge to tell that lady that I don't have a mother or sister (I do have both) to get her off my case. 

I used to go to that mall often since I would get lunch there with my college friends (There was a place that had really good cheese stakes subs and awesome french fries.) or get breakfast from the one place as we used to get breakfast at a discount from them since we went there so often (Like we could get two eggs, two slices of bacon, hash browns two slices of toast and a coffee or a soda for $4.00).  I would go there again but I really have no need to drive 30 miles to that mall.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 11:52:43 AM »

I always used to get assaulted by the survey takers.  I mastered the art of avoiding these people after awhile. 

Has anyone ever been follwed by mall security?  My friend and I were followed once and the idiot sat outside several stores with his arms folded before I said to him, "you don't have to follow us, we have money to pay for our items".  He left us alone after that. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 11:59:49 AM »

I always used to get assaulted by the survey takers.  I mastered the art of avoiding these people after awhile. 

Has anyone ever been follwed by mall security?  My friend and I were followed once and the idiot sat outside several stores with his arms folded before I said to him, "you don't have to follow us, we have money to pay for our items".  He left us alone after that. 

Heh, I used to pretend I had picked something up and hidden it about my person, so when the security dude came over and asked to check me, then found nothing - I could call get real p**sy and call him a dingbat  TeddyR

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 02:02:14 PM »

I live in the Philly 'burbs, and pretty much never go to any of the malls out that way. However, I do sort of like the downtown Philly mall called "The Gallery" and it's convenient to the train. Still, outside of Christmas, I don't really shop there either.

At how many of your suburban malls can you get goat stew at the eatery?
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 09:08:36 PM »

I live in the Philly 'burbs, and pretty much never go to any of the malls out that way. However, I do sort of like the downtown Philly mall called "The Gallery" and it's convenient to the train. Still, outside of Christmas, I don't really shop there either.

At how many of your suburban malls can you get goat stew at the eatery?

I've never been to a Philly mall despite my location to them.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »

Not so much a mall thing, but this has happened to me in stores across the country. When I've got all the stuff I want in a basket, I go to the checkout and put everything on the belt. As I am waiting, some old lady with her husband starts picking up my stuff and looking at it all bit by bit saying "ooh look at the price on that, we should've got some of those/I want to try that George". Goddamn it people!  Hatred Give me my space, don't invade it, leave my shopping alone, you've got yours! Live with it!  Hatred

Has anyone else had to put up with that crap whilst waiting at checkouts?

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2008, 10:12:55 AM »

Not so much a mall thing, but this has happened to me in stores across the country. When I've got all the stuff I want in a basket, I go to the checkout and put everything on the belt. As I am waiting, some old lady with her husband starts picking up my stuff and looking at it all bit by bit saying "ooh look at the price on that, we should've got some of those/I want to try that George". Goddamn it people!  Hatred Give me my space, don't invade it, leave my shopping alone, you've got yours! Live with it!  Hatred

Nope.

You must get good stuff.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2008, 11:55:16 AM »

Nothing quite like that however I do fall victim to other curses while checking out.  20 lines could be open but I always pick the one with the lonely old woman who wants to hold a lengthy conversation with the cashier she doesn't even know.  By the time she opens her purse, puts the money on the counter with a shaky hand and requests that everything be bagged doubled, I realize that 20 needless minutes have been shaved off my life... Hatred Then there are the personal check writers... Hatred  Then there are the "ooh I forgot one thing" people who walk away in the middle of the sale... Hatred  Then there are the "I have the 83 cents" people who spend several minutes digging into their lint filed pockets for change.

They should have a list for dummies at checkout stands. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2008, 12:02:58 PM »

Not so much a mall thing, but this has happened to me in stores across the country. When I've got all the stuff I want in a basket, I go to the checkout and put everything on the belt. As I am waiting, some old lady with her husband starts picking up my stuff and looking at it all bit by bit saying "ooh look at the price on that, we could've got some of those/I want to try that George". Goddamn it people!  Hatred Give me my space, don't invade it, leave my shopping alone, you've got yours! Live with it!  Hatred

Nothing quite like that however I do fall victim to other curses while checking out.  20 lines could be open but I always pick the one with the lonely old woman who wants to hold a lengthy conversation with the cashier she doesn't even know.  By the time she opens her purse, puts the money on the counter with a shaky hand and requests that everything be bagged doubled, I realize that 20 needless minutes have been shaved off my life... Hatred Then there are the personal check writers... Hatred  Then there are the "ooh I forgot one thing" people who walk away in the middle of the sale... Hatred  Then there are the "I have the 83 cents" people who spend several minutes digging into their lint filed pockets for change.

They should have a list for dummies at checkout stands. 

Damn right!  BounceGiggle I also don't like it when people ask for cash-back and it takes a zillion years printing silly long receipts, but I feel like I have a right to hate slow coaches (mainly the elderly) as I feel under pressure when bagging my own stuff and paying - I really try to do it quickly so I'm not wasting other peoples times, because I know how much it grates at me, myself.

I used to love shopping, but now it makes me panic like a madman!

BeyondTheGrave
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2008, 10:05:59 PM »

I went to the mall a few months ago before that haven't been to one since grammar/early high school years. It changed alot and more annoying than ever. It had alot more stores but it just got worse.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 10:35:16 PM »

The only thing I really go to the mall for is the food court once in a while where I can get some quick sushi. The mall also has my closest and local branch ATM machine which causes me to pass through the mall more often than I'd like. My wardrobe is pretty simple and I don't spend much money outside off mortgage and bills which is mostly done with online banking.

I do spend a lot of time and money at the grocery store. The grocery store can be quite a drag, but I've managed to thoroughly entertain myself whenever I'm there, so I don't mind going so much. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 10:41:25 PM by Wolfgang » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Go To Malls? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.