Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:26:14 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Shadow of the Colossus The movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Shadow of the Colossus The movie  (Read 10266 times)
Henry88
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 08, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »

Sony will adapt the popular PlayStation 2 title "Shadow of the Colossus" into a bigscreen actioner, with Justin Marks penning the screenplay and Kevin Misher in negotiations to produce.

"Colossus," which bowed exclusively on the PlayStation 2 in 2005, revolves around a man named Wander who must travel across a cursed wasteland and defeat 16 creatures, known as the colossi, in order to restore the life of a girl.

Project, which proved a big seller for PlayStation and was produced internally by Sony Computer Entertainment, will build upon the vidgame's fantasy setting of a solitary world with few characters other than the 16 enemies.

"Colossus" is the latest high-profile project for Marks, who is writing the redo of "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo" at Disney, with McG attached to direct. He recently landed "Suicide Squad," based on the DC Comics book, at Warner Bros., for which he's also written "Green Arrow: Escape From Supermax," also based on the DC character, and "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe."

He's also adapted "Hack/Slash" for Relativity, based on the Devil's Due comicbook, and the '80s TV toon "Voltron: Defender of the Universe," for Mark Gordon Prods.

Misher will produce through his Misher Films shingle.

His pic "Fighting" bows this month through Rogue, and "Public Enemies" goes out this summer through Universal. Misher has a number of projects in development at Paramount, including the romantic comedy "Swingles" and "One Free Murder," which Marks wrote based on an idea by Nicholas Pileggi.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118002214.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 02:30:16 PM »

Would have been my bag if they made this movie 20 years ago, but it will all be CGI, so it will sadly turn me off.
It's a fantastic game though. I keep meaning to get a copy, but it's really expensive over here.

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 06:58:12 AM »

I just don't see this working out as a good film.  It's really not something that was ever meant to have a film-friendly storyline.  I could possibly see it as a graphic novel, or an anime, but as a film?  No thanks. 
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 02:22:38 PM »

I think the problem with making this particular game into a movie is that the makers will most likely miss the point.  The Colossi are not evil creatures.  Many will simply ignore you and don't attack unless provoked.  Their part of the enviroment they live in.  The Wander is killing them in the game for his own puposes.  Yes its to bring his love back to life, but its a question of going to far.

It's also not exactly an action game.  Its more of a puzzle/platform (were the puzzles and platforms are 75 ft tall moving animals.)  Its not God of War or Devil May Cry.

The big budget adaptaion will probably paint the Colossi as Godzilla-type monsters that the world would be glad to get rid off.  As much as I'd like the giant monster genere to return, this might not be the best bases for it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:33:55 PM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Shadow of the Colossus The movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.