Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:22:46 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Classic Movie remade! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Classic Movie remade!  (Read 5277 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 11, 2008, 05:06:32 PM »

hey hey hey, bad movie junkies.  Your favorite troll is back with some news.  A classic sci-fi film has been remade.  This film was so classic, the original was in black and white.  But the new version appears to have been made with a very big budget.  This film is none other than The Day the Earth Stood Still.  I have no opinions of this film yet as I haven't seen it.  I've seen only a few trailers.  But I'm looking forward to watching this film and tearing up all its reality flaws.  But I won't be posting a review here.  Sorry guys.  My days of tearing up films for their reality flaws on these boards is long over.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 05:10:28 PM »

hey hey hey, bad movie junkies.  Your favorite troll is back with some news.  A classic sci-fi film has been remade.  This film was so classic, the original was in black and white.  But the new version appears to have been made with a very big budget.  This film is none other than The Day the Earth Stood Still.  I have no opinions of this film yet as I haven't seen it.  I've seen only a few trailers.  But I'm looking forward to watching this film and tearing up all its reality flaws.  But I won't be posting a review here.  Sorry guys.  My days of tearing up films for their reality flaws on these boards is long over.

Aww...c'mon...I ain't gave a negative karma since you left! Not even to spammers! I need a negative karma orgasy!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 06:28:57 PM »

I'll probably see this movie regardless of whether it gets good reviews or does well at the box office.  I'm really skeptical that it will be good . . . but I'm very curious . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Menard
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:30:16 PM »

My days of tearing up films for their reality flaws on these boards is long over.

What a shame.

I guess without your pointless and always massively flawed drivel, that would pretty much make you a silent observer of this board.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:14:19 PM »

This film is none other than The Day the Earth Stood Still.  I have no opinions of this film yet as I haven't seen it. 

come now...surely your magnificent powers of logic already have sufficient ammo to launch into some kind of bizzare diatribe...

how is it theoretically possible for the earth to "stand still", for starters... Wink

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 09:14:19 PM »

Klaatu Barada Whoa!

WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »

how is it theoretically possible for the earth to "stand still", for starters... Wink

Its just a title.  It doesn't mean the Earth actually stood still.  It simply means all of human kind watching in suspense as the aliens land and introduce themselves.  It also indicates the fear of humankind has after the army makes the mistake of shooting the alien who comes out and introduces himself and awaits the alien's reaction.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:16:29 PM by WyreWizard » Logged

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 09:18:35 PM »

Its just a title.  It doesn't mean the Earth actually stood still.  It simply means all of human kind watching in suspense as the aliens land and introduce themselves.  It also indicates the fear of humankind has after the army makes the mistake of shooting the alien who comes out and introduces himself and awaits the alien's reaction.

hmm...looks like you've been cured.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 09:20:31 PM »

Cured of what, I ask you?

Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 12:58:17 AM »

Actually, it was because the world's biggest game of freeze-tag had broken out right before the film started.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 03:03:26 PM »

Cured of what, I ask you?
Nah.  H'ain't cured.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
peter johnson

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 12:42:34 PM »

I cringe at the thought of this remake -- I don't think it can be successfully "updated".  Part of the charm of the original was the minimal spaceship interior, the feel for the Cold War times in which it was produced, Patricia Neal, etc. etc. -- There are simply too many defining individual factors in the original that will have to be dropped or changed in order to make it "modern".  I can't see how it can do anything but ruin it -- Think the "modern" Wicker Man . . .
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Raffine

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 06:17:58 PM »

And no Bernard Herrmann score, with its two theremins.

Small | Large

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »

It's gonna be bad.. my friend is trying to get me to go with him when it comes out, but I'm not going.. unless it gets amazing reviews, which it won't.

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Classic Movie remade! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.