Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:14:42 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bizarro Christian Exploitation Films « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bizarro Christian Exploitation Films  (Read 19205 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2008, 09:53:51 PM »

Don't forget about Blood Freak.  Probably the only Christian anti-drug propaganda killer mutant vampire turkey movie in existence.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 09:15:21 PM »

Interesting....Ron Ormond...as all BAD good BAD movie children know....made MESA of LOST WOMEN, the MONSTER and the STRIPPER,The GIRL from TOBACCO ROAD and PLEASE DON'T TOUCH ME! among others. He also made IF FOOTMEN TIRE...

He was also co-editor of FLYINGING SAUCER magazine...along with the famous (or infamous...acccording to your point of view...) Ray Palmer. Also wrote a nutso book called  INTO the STRANGE UNKNOWN,in which he claimed to have photographed the face of God. And other stuff.

I have about seven issues of the FLYING SAUCER pulp from the fifties....he was a equal oppurtunity huckster...even when he was supposdly 'Born again!"

These pics are from my own personal collection of trash and junk...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2008, 05:15:16 PM »

"The Annunciation," I have heard of it, though I have never seen it. It's got my interest, because I believe it is only one of two full-length feature films, which feature no adults in it.

The other one, of course, is "Bugsy Malone" w/ Jody Foster.
Neville

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 05:27:48 AM »

I did watch the three "Left behind" movies out of curiosity. The first two are pretty dull, but the third one is absolutely hilarious. It features poisoned bibles, a U.S. President played by Lou Gossett Jr. and an indestructible, Terminator-like Antichrist of Russian ascent as the head of the U.N. Because we all know the U.N. worships the Beast and plans to destroy mankind.

And then there's "Walker Texas Ranger". I still remember that episode with guest star Hulk Hogan as a reformed gang leader explaining how he met Jesus in a solitary confinement cell.

Oh, the pain.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
BTM

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »

"The Annunciation," I have heard of it, though I have never seen it. It's got my interest, because I believe it is only one of two full-length feature films, which feature no adults in it.

The other one, of course, is "Bugsy Malone" w/ Jody Foster.

Hadn't heard of Bugsy Malone till you mentioned it. 

As for The Annunciation, it might be a bit difficult to track down.  I don't think it ever got a commercial release in the U.S., I had to get mine from a fellow who specializes in obscure cinema...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Neville

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 05:17:29 PM »

BTW, has anybody seen this?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10010214-fireproof/

Souns absolutely tepid. A film about marriage without sex? Marriage counseling by accepting Jesus as your savior? Does this mean that all Jewish couples are condemned to unhappy marriages? Kirk F*cking Cameron?

The best bit of trivia comes from the IMDB: Looks like Kirk Cameron is so devote that he refuses to kiss any actress but her wife, so they had to dress up his wife as his co-star and then lower the lights so he could have a kiss on-screen for the movie.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 05:57:36 PM »

I am surprised that there has been no mention of THE OMEGA CODE or MEGIDDO(did i get that right?) OMEGA CODE 2.
I thought the first one was a bit boring but the sequel has it's moments.Plus it stars my favorite actor Franco Nero as well as Michael York and Udo Kier.
As for A Thief In the Night and it's sequels(prequels?),I remember seeing those on the local christian UHF channel KYFC TV50 here in KCMO,back in the late 70's or early 80's.I specifically remember before the 3rd movie came on, the head of KYFC,Ronnie Metzker said something like,"Now,get ready for the most action packed explosive movie you will ever see" Buggedout
HarlotBug3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2008, 04:28:02 PM »

Do we have to wait for time to provide the novelty, really?

The Passion of the Christ was one of the most laughable, masturbatory pieces of schlock of the last 10 years. It's proof enough that a bigger budget wouldn't have improved any of these others.

"Do you have something against droppings?" "Well, no, I..." "Sure, everyone says that till they step in it."
Terf
Bad Movie Lover

I wish I could be as popular as you think you are.

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2008, 04:07:29 PM »

BTW, has anybody seen this?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10010214-fireproof/

Souns absolutely tepid. A film about marriage without sex? Marriage counseling by accepting Jesus as your savior? Does this mean that all Jewish couples are condemned to unhappy marriages? Kirk F*cking Cameron?

The best bit of trivia comes from the IMDB: Looks like Kirk Cameron is so devote that he refuses to kiss any actress but her wife, so they had to dress up his wife as his co-star and then lower the lights so he could have a kiss on-screen for the movie.

I haven't seen it, but I think you're being a little bit hard on the film. There ARE people out there who want films that uplift marriage without having a bunch of graphic content in it. It's a small demographic (and we're probably not in it), but I applaud Kendrick for going past the money issue and making Fireproof. My understanding is that, while the acting isn't great, it's believable. 

Also, so what if Cameron wants to take his vows seriously and respect his wife? To most of us it seems silly, but it's something so, in my opinion, trivial and simple that it makes a statement.

But (and again I haven't seen them) I must agree with people on the Left Behind videos. There's nothing in the Bible about a rapture, anyways.

Things could be worse; you could be twins.
Neville

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2008, 05:10:46 PM »

Well, I'm not saying any film about marriage should have tons of sex, but c'on, you cannot deal with what's going within a couple without even mentioning their sex life. I think Kubirck nailed that in Eyes wide shut. I could be wrong, but the premise of the film sounds so naive I'd be surprised they even mention the word "sex" on the whole film. And I'm also reluctant to believe the only solution to all marriage problems is believing in a particular religion.

As for Kirk Cameron, I can't see why kissing another actress onscreen could be considered breaking marriage vows. I think his whole attitude is unprofessional. We're not talking about a explicit, titilating or unnecesary sex scene, or nudity, it's just a kiss. Having him smile to or flirt with other women while on character is more "obscene" than that.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Bizarro Christian Exploitation Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.