Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:41:38 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  88 MINUTES (2008) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 88 MINUTES (2008)  (Read 4961 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: September 19, 2008, 11:04:04 PM »

My wife and I watched this one tonight and it was AWESOME! 

I had wondered if it would live up to the trailers, but in this case, unlike VANTAGE POINT, it really exceeded them.  Al Pacino was spot-on as a tormented forensic psychologist, and a number of other well-known actors played in the various supporting roles (I'm too lazy to look up the IMDB page right now).   But I highly recommend this movie!  I don't want to give up too much, because the plot twists and false leads are a mile a minute!

Anyone else watch this one?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:40:57 AM »

I hated this movie actually. But I know some people who liked it as well. My biggest problem anymore is that for the last decade he's just playing a caricature of himself.  De Niro has gotten the same way while I'm at it.  The plot of this was so overly convoluted that it teetered into the realm of unintentional parody IMO.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 01:07:04 PM »

Sometimes I wonder about your taste in movies Indiana.   Buggedout
(just kidding)

88 Minutes is one of the lowest rated films on Metacritic.com.
It scored a 17 out of a possible 100 and nearly every film critic in America blasted the hell out of it.

http://www.metacritic.com/video/titles/88minutes

I haven't seen it myself...and based upon what I've read about it, I don't want to.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 01:11:01 PM by Ash » Logged
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 03:11:18 PM »

88 Minutes is one of the lowest rated films on Metacritic.com.
It scored a 17 out of a possible 100 and nearly every film critic in America blasted the hell out of it.

Who cares about that stuff?

Individuals are not statistics, and individual taste is not defined by group-think.  Or at least it shouldn't be.  Especially here, on this site, which is predicated on those who enjoy movies that defy "mainstream" definitions of "good."

I have not seen 88 MINUTES, but I confess the trailer looked intriguing enough for me to consider a rental when it becomes available at Netflix.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 05:13:25 PM »

I didn't read a single review, I just watched the movie.   And liked it.

Of course, I always thought most critics were full of bean breeze anyway. TeddyR

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Neville

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 06:24:47 AM »

Crappy movie. Pacino looked tired, watching 20-ish women around him drooling was sort of disturbing, and the scenes after the killer is unmasked would better fit into a "Meet the Spartans" type of film.

And this is in the good movies board?

BTW, how many threat calls are guys in Death Row aloowed to make? I was cracking up everytime the guy phoned Pacino.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:26:46 AM by Neville » Logged

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Shane
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »

Horrible movie. Couldn't make it all the way through. Worst Al Pacino movie ever. All he does is talk on his cell phone. Weak!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 04:24:07 AM »

I actually have a poster of this film on my wall at work....not a bad film, but the name of Neal McDonough's character (Jon Forster) always cracks me up.

John Vorster (different spelling, same pronounciation) was also the name of the feared South African Prime Minister from 1966 ~ 1977. Mr McDonough is married to a South African lady, so I would imagine her husband's character's name cracks her up too.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  88 MINUTES (2008) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.