Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:20:51 AM
714208 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Nobody Loves Alice (2008) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nobody Loves Alice (2008)  (Read 1461 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: September 20, 2008, 08:56:23 AM »

Myspace is a wonderful thing. I've met so many awesome people in the film business because of it. I've had numerous conversations with directors on the site including Leif Jonker and James Gunn. It allows people to get their films out there and connect with their fans.

Recently, a man named Roger A Scheck started posting bulletins about his debut film, 'Nobody Loves Alice'. The guy has been raving over his own film for a few weeks now, and I figured I'd give it a shot. I'm always up for a good direct to video horror flick, and I was hoping to be surprised.

Nobody Loves Alice tells the story of a young woman named Alice, who we are introduced to in a flashback of her child hood. She's standing in a room, asking an off camera character if they love her, while she lights a huge match. Flash forward to present day, and we find that Alice is now a twenty-something, mousy secretary. No one realizes that she has a man cuffed to her bed in her apartment and has been torturing him for what one can assume would be weeks.

Alice begins to make friends with Abigail and Megan, two co-workers at her office. Abigail is getting ready to get engaged to Alex, her long time boyfriend. Megan has recently placed a seed of doubt into Abigail's mind by saying that all men cheat, and if given the right circumstances, even Alex will do so.

Their plan is to have Alice go meet Alex at a park and try to seduce him. They meet, and Alex realizes that it was all a scam by his fiancee. He gives Alice a ride back to her apartment and is not seen again. You can probably tell what happens from there.

This film ends up being wholly underwhelming. The problem with it is that it is made up of components from numerous other films. It feels like an even lower budget version of Lucky McKee's 'May' which is the much more superior film. It is really a shame as the film starts out quite promising, but just goes a route that we have all seen numerous times before.

The one redeeming factor of the film is Alice herself, Nitzan Mager. She puts in a great, very subtle performance here. Also, she enjoys walking around her apartment in a white bra and panties quite often throughout the film, which doesn't hurt. Hell, she can keep me captive and rape me anytime she wants!

I wish Roger Scheck the best in his future endeavors. I'm going to be forgiving as this is his directorial debut. The only other projects he seems to have been involved with were a couple of BET reality shows. It's obvious that he has never really worked with a film because he just didn't seem to be in control of the film itself. The directing was sloppy to say the least, aside from a few decent shots. Not only that, but the man cannot place music or create a proper transition to save his life.

Check out the film if you are able to pick it up on the cheap or if you have a coupon for a free rental. It's not a film you'll want to see again, but is worth it if only for Mager's performance.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Nobody Loves Alice (2008) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.