Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:14:55 PM
714313 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Septic or Sewer? « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you have a septic tank or are you connected to a sewage system?
Septic Tank - 7 (41.2%)
Sewer - 10 (58.8%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Don't Know - 0 (0%)
Don't Care - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Septic or Sewer?  (Read 9924 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 05:37:27 PM »

Yeah, I can see that. Both hunting dogs. From the few dog shows I've attended, the groups seem to be divided more or less by function - sporting breeds, herding breeds, etc.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »

The hound group is the only part of a dog show that I'll watch, I just love seeing these doggies.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 10:40:29 AM »

Our Brittany Spaniel (actually a breed of pointer) used to do conformation. My wife used to be right into the breed, and showed him before I met her, and a couple of times after. He's apparently a good specimen of Brittany, but his show career was cut short when one of his nuts failed to drop. He was then Bob Barkered and did compete in the "altered" classes, but there isn't a whole lot of competition there. We almost bought a puppy to show and breed a few years back. There was a particular breeding that looked promising, but we couldn't reach an agreement with the breeder on which of the litter we would get, and eventually, we dropped the idea.

We also used to have a little business that took us to shows as vendors for a while, but it's been years since I've seen any dog show, except if I happen to catch Westminster on TV.

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with sewage, except maybe that Briar (the Brittany) will drink any accessible water if we don't keep an eye on him. He's a bit compulsive that way. Mud puddles, bath water, pipe sweat. No sewage so far, but he did once drink his fill of the Altantic Ocean on a vacation a few years ago. When the projectile vomiting started, I'd swear more water came out than went in. He just kept doing it, like an intermittent firehose, until it was all gone. But, that's Briar.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »

While reading this I got the sudden inspiration to find some video clips of baying beagles, I started playing them at full volume and our 2 beagles (don't have enough room for a wolfhound) went crazy trying to figure out where the dogs were. They both stared at the speakers till they realized that they weren't big enough to hold a dog so they ran outside to find it. They ran around between the house and garage looking for the dog till they realized the barking was coming from inside the house. Odie and Buddy then ran back in and stared at the speakers for a bit, then they both ran into the livingroom, jumped up to the top of the couch and looked out the window into the yard. They kept doing this over and over as long as the video was played. Throughout all this they were barking/baying as loud as I've ever heard them, seemed to really enjoy it. My wife, who was trying to sleep in, was not amused, but the rest of us had a great time. Here's the video I was playing, got to hear this from the speakers and also with a live accompaniment from our 2 pooches. In spite of the fact that this is not our house, and we only have the 2 beagles this is pretty much what it looked and sounded like.
Small | Large

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Septic or Sewer? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.