Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:44:23 PM
714240 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Black Sheep (2006) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Black Sheep (2006)  (Read 8373 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: September 20, 2008, 06:51:07 PM »

Henry Oldfield returns home after ten years to Oldfield sheep station in New Zealand. Henry has a condition which his therapist calls Ovinophobia (fear of sheep), which was caused by his being traumatized as a child by his older brother Angus on the day their father was killed in an accident (Angus killed Henry's pet sheep Dudley and then wore the skin to scare Henry.

Henry arrives home on the day Angus is to unveil his new breed of genetically engineered sheep. Angus buys Henry's part of the farm.

Meanwhile a couple of animal rights activists (Experience and Grant) spy on Angus's lab. Grant steals a container meant for disposal and the lab workers pursue them into the forest. When the two get separated Grant accidentally drops the container releasing the carnivorous sheep fetus contained in it. Grant is attacked becomes carnivorous himself, killing a passing bunny eating it.

The fetus crawls away to be taken in by the sheep herd.  You can guess what comes next.

The funniest thing about this movie is idea of making a sheep look ominous.

The victims who survive become a sort of weresheep with prosthetics, animatronics, and probably some CG courtesy of Peter Jackson WETA workshop.

This is an extremely gory movie, very reminiscent of Peter Jackson's early work. The version I have is the unrated one , but I'm unsure what they cut out for the theatrical release (Angus's death scene was one that probably didn't make it to theater's unedited).

I can't say the movie is outright hilarious, but it does have it's moments. It reminds me of Night of the Lepus for the sheer prepostorisness  of the plot. Night was made as a serious movie while Black Sheep is written as black humor.

It's really worth watching, especially for gore hounds.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 07:40:21 PM »

I posted a thread on this one last spring . . .  it was pretty hilarious!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 08:55:00 AM »

Black Sheep is downright hilarious.  Good good movie.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 10:35:04 AM »

What made me laugh was the constant contrast between the shots of the real sheep, the CGI sheep, and the puppet sheep/wer-sheep.  Real sheep are like real bunnies:  They simply do not trigger any sort of fear reflex in the human psyche, however they are photographed -- The wer-sheep & mutant sheep on the other hand, while gory and monstrous, did not benefit from our having seen the real sheep in other scenes.  My laugh reflex kept kicking in due to having seen the real sheep & comparing the two.
peter johnson/denny lamb from hades . . .

I have no idea what this means.
Torgo

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 12:49:13 PM »

Loved this flick.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
the naked kiss
New Visitor

I'd prefer not to

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:17:27 PM »

I thought it was really boring and not funny. I am from NZ myself so maybe that is why, but I love Jackson's early films so I don't think that is the reason, the humour was just really corny and predictable, but I understand why people love it.
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 03:50:27 PM »

I thought it was really boring and not funny. I am from NZ myself so maybe that is why, but I love Jackson's early films so I don't think that is the reason, the humour was just really corny and predictable, but I understand why people love it.

Speaking of Kiwi humor did you like this one?: http://www.devildaredmeto.com/
peter johnson

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 11:42:39 AM »

If you're looking for a good New Zealand film, check out "The Cost of Milk" -- Surreal fairytale come to life -- really beggars description/one of the weirdest films ever made:

A woman runs over an old woman by accident, but the old woman gets up and walks away.  Turns out she's a Maori spirit-being who makes the driver's life complicated from then on.  Her boyfriend owns an agoraphobic dog who runs around the fields while inside a cardboard box.  People constantly wreck their cars and chat with one another in the debris as if nothing has occurred.  Cows appear and disappear, but not at random!  Some of the mythic servants of the spirit-being are a Maori rugby team who specialize in stealing blankets & comforters.  This is a highly inadequate description -- just see it and be amazed.  It has a happy ending.

peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 09:22:18 AM »

I agree with you. It's not a patch on Braindead.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 11:57:20 AM »

Great concept, and it has some great elements within it, but, overall, I thought the film was poorly executed. BORING with a capital "BORING."

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Doggett

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 06:03:53 PM »

Writers need to learn that characters that try to be funny, ironically, aren't. The same problem with Jack Brooks.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 12:14:51 AM »

I liked the movie, it was fun.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Magnus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2008, 11:56:54 PM »

I really liked this film and I learned that inside of every sheep there is a flesh eating killing machine lurking and waiting to get out.   
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 03:14:50 PM »

I agree with you. It's not a patch on Braindead.

I loved Braindead (why have I not bought it on DVD yet????) but blacksheep was rather dull. I took my girlfriend to see it with me due to the Shaun of the dead comparison in humor. (same way I was tricked into watching slither which is equally dull)

I had to say I considered walking out the cinema as I felt it was crap, only 3 places I remembered laughing.
1. puppet sheep doing the driving car over cliff.
2. The horde of sheep running over the hills.
3. The ending with exploding sheep. (mainly laughing at how crap it was)

Still I have seen far better films and far worse films. This film attempted to be funny using gore joke which fell flat unlike in Braindead which was very funny.

I recommend avoiding this film, instead watching both Shaun of the dead and Braindead.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Doggett

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 04:03:42 PM »

Slither grows on you when you re-watch it.
Black Sheep does not.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Black Sheep (2006) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.