Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:15:11 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Been Bitten? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Ever Been Bitten?  (Read 11431 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 09:01:03 AM »

horses

That reminds me...

My parents live out in the country on a five acre ranch with horses.
About 14-15 years ago my sister kissed one of her horses and it bit her entire top lip off!

She'd kissed that particular horse tons of times without incident but that one time it decided to kiss back.
I remember being inside the house and hearing the most ungodly screams.  It sounded as if my sister was being killed or something.
I rushed outside and saw my mother holding a rag up to her face and there was blood everywhere.  All over her face, down her clothes, on the horses face. 
At first none of us knew what had happened but then we quickly figured it out.
I remember my mother yelling at my brother and I to go inside and get some clean towels and bandages.
My sister pulled one of the towels away and showed the wound to us.  It was so disgusting...I'd never seen facial trauma like that before.  Her entire top lip, up to the base of her nose was completely bitten off and hanging by a thin piece of skin on one side.  To this day I can still see it in my mind.
You know how some people make that gopher face?  The one where they pull their top lip up all the way so only their top teeth are showing.  That's what she looked like...only worse.

She ended up getting major plastic surgery and the doctors fixed it up good. 
If you looked at her today you would never be able to tell that it happened.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 09:05:58 AM by Ash » Logged
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 09:36:14 AM »

Boy have I, lol

In college I got mauled by my boyfriend's BIG jealous housecat who I swear saw me as The Other Woman. When she got done with me blood was running down my back, I was standing there in disbelief trying to be cool about the whole thing, and this cat kept launching at me, claws out, teeth-first, making banshee-esque noises, wrapping her claws around my thigh, biting the heck out of me. Eleven years later I still have one faint scar on my hip, courtesy of that evil feline. I seriously think she saw me as an intrusion into her life with the guy I went out with, because she caught on he was spending more time with me than her, so she chose her moment and nailed me good. Yep, almost a human mind in that beast, I tell ya...

Oh, and just imagine how shattered I was when three years later I heard she met a crispy demise while hunting birds on some high voltage wires. Yeah, sad day that.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 11:23:43 AM »

You can imagine where this is going. Fast forward. I'm looking through a bin full of taps and drill bits right next to the dog, and talking to the owner, who was sitting nearby as well. The dog isn't making a peep. Just laying there lazily and looking up at me with big, cute eyes. So, I squat down and reach my hand out......

And promptly yank it back as the little beast just about takes it off. I mean, this thing moved fast, snarling, snapping, barking like mad for just a second, then just trotted away and plunked down somewhere else.

After all that, the old guy casually notes, "She's a little touchy."

Yeah, thanks for the heads-up.  Lookingup

This sounds almost exactly like that old joke. Shorter version:

"Hey, mister, does your dog bite?"
   "Nope."
   "Nice doggie" "GRRRRRR <snap>"
   "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite!"
   "That ain't my dog."

I've been fond of dogs my whole life and will often approach dogs in the park or on the street to make friends with them (after checking with the owners, who tend to be the touchy ones of the two). Only issue with a dog I ever had was when I was standing in the front doorway of an acquaintance's house, and a little ankle-biter came out of nowhere, growled, ran straight for my ankle and shredded the back of my sock.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 04:01:54 PM by schmendrik » Logged
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 02:13:49 PM »

and a little ankle-biter came out of nowhere, growled, ran straight
for my ankle and shredded the back of my sock.

That reminded of last Christmas at my mother-in-law's house. Her cute little Dachshund puppy wouldn't stop gnawing on my big toe whenever I sat down for any length of time. Actually, I've been nipped by lots of playful puppies. When they're at that age when they're playful as anything, still learning to control their bite pressure and armed with those sharp little puppy teeth, they can give you a nip that really smarts.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »

I'm not sure what it is but when I got outside mosquitos ring the dinner bell.  The same with my son.  My wife never gets bit and I explain to her the she has bitter blood.   TeddyR

Has anyone ever been bitten by a tick and/or infected with lyme disease.  My mother in law just found out she had it and she's had the symptoms for several years.  The doctors kept thinking it was something else. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 04:41:12 PM »

I'm not sure what it is but when I got outside mosquitos ring the dinner bell.  The same with my son.  My wife never gets bit and I explain to her the she has bitter blood.   TeddyR

Has anyone ever been bitten by a tick and/or infected with lyme disease.  My mother in law just found out she had it and she's had the symptoms for several years.  The doctors kept thinking it was something else. 

I've been bitten by ticks a few times but they've never transmitted any disease to me.  The little bastards are damn near impossible to get off the skin.

Also, mosquitoes are attracted to the carbon dioxide we exhale and the color blue.
So if you go out during summer and the mosquitoes are bad, don't wear blue...and try not to breathe much.   TongueOut
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 04:58:36 PM by Ash » Logged
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »

I've been bitten by ticks a few times but they never transmitted any disease to me.  The little bastards are damn near impossible to get off the skin.

Also, mosquitoes are attracted to the carbon dioxide we exhale and the color blue.
So if you go out during summer and the mosquitoes are bad, don't wear blue...and try not to breathe much.   TongueOut

That explains why they bite me so much, I fart a lot and my favorite color is blue.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Raffine

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2008, 05:09:13 PM »

The people that had my house/property before me had several mangy, tick-ridden dogs that laid around in the yard all the time dropping fleas and ticks. The first summer I lived there if you walked just about anywhere on the property the ticks would literally swarm up your legs and chomp down. I've pulled ticks off of just about every part of my body but luckily no Lyme Disease, at least as far as I can tell. 

The ticks and fleas in the yard are under control now but I still get those tiny Deer Ticks when I go into the woods, which are much more difficult to see and pull off than the regular dog ticks.

Other than fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, horseflies, and other pests I've been bitten by the regular variety of dogs and cats. the most exotic things I've been bitten by are an irate iguana and a cranky emu.

I've had my hand in a manatee's mouth but he didn't bite me one little bit. No front teeth, I suspect.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:11:00 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
BTM

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 01:34:55 PM »

She ended up getting major plastic surgery and the doctors fixed it up good. 
If you looked at her today you would never be able to tell that it happened.

DAMN!  Can't imagine what that must have been like.  How did it take them to fix her face back up?  Guessing it was a series of surgeries that took a while... 

Did you parents keep that horse?  Did you sister ever want to go around that horses (or horses, period) after that?

Glad she's okay now.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Hammock Rider

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 02:23:50 PM »

. Once when I worked at a zoo I was visiting a friend of mine who was cleaning out the camel yard at the time. Russell was a young camel who was in his comparative teens and very jealous and protective of the females, including my friend (a human and definitely a female). While we were talking Russell would come over and muscle his way in-between us, pushing her behind him and giving me The Camel Murder-Death-Kill Look.  She told me to just ignore him and we kept on talking until Russell had had enough and he lunged for my arm and he got a good piece of it too, clamping down on my entire upper arm. I smacked him in the nose and he backed off a little and grunted but wouldn't let go. My friend grabbed him and started yelling at him to turn me loose and behave himself. What a reaction she got from him! I didn't know that a camel could look sheepish or chagrined but apparently they can. Russell let me go under her verbal barrage and slunk away to a hay bale, giving me the evil eye all the way. I had a nasty bruise on my upper arm for about a week, but otherwise I was ok. When my little nieces get old enough to date, I think I'm buying them guard camels.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 02:27:42 PM by Hammock Rider » Logged

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2008, 11:07:44 PM »

Camels are DISGUSTING.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 11:36:54 PM »

I got attacked by some rabid stray dog when I was about 7, my parents had just left me outside the house and went off somewhere. This dog just ran up to me barking like crazy, I backed off and it knocked me down and started going nuts, chewing my pants and leg. A taxi driver came by and pulled over and got the dog off me, he stayed with me in his taxi 'til my parents got back. He was really cool, he looked like Ernie Hudson and his  cab had animal print seat covers.
That is a very interesting story. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 11:40:29 PM »

I have a scar on my arm from being bitten by a baby elephant seal during a weighing/tagging event.  I was wearing three layers of clothes and the damage was from impact with the mouth, but he didn't break through the clothes and chomp in, otherwise I'd have to go to the hospital and get injections to stop "seal finger", a disease you get from seal bites that can cause your fingers and toes to fall off.

Besides that, just the usual kitten/puppy/little kid chomps that leave no permanent damage.
That is kind of cool... not at all that it happened...!!!  But... that you have the battle scar!!!  Now, it makes you more interesting because you're more experienced.   Smile

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 11:50:18 PM »

Camels are DISGUSTING.
I hear dat brother!! 
Bug bites don't count (but if they do, I win.)  Dog bites can be painful, cat bites too, but cats you can swat them away easy enough...  BounceGiggle  Bluesad  Mice don't hurt, nor really hamsters... but horses holy sh!t.
How 'bout BIRD BITES???  G*ddam if ever' time I held a bird, and at one point I was STUCK caring for TWO, THEY FRIGGIN' BITE!!! WITH THEM BEAKS!!!  I don't like living with BIRDS!!!  They belong in the tree!!!   
BounceGiggle  TeddyR  Hatred

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2008, 07:53:50 AM »

Bug bites don't count (but if they do, I win.)  Dog bites can be painful, cat bites too, but cats you can swat them away easy enough...  BounceGiggle  Bluesad  Mice don't hurt, nor really hamsters... but horses holy sh!t.
How 'bout BIRD BITES???  G*ddam if ever' time I held a bird, and at one point I was STUCK caring for TWO, THEY FRIGGIN' BITE!!! WITH THEM BEAKS!!!  I don't like living with BIRDS!!!  They belong in the tree!!!   
BounceGiggle  TeddyR  Hatred

Not always.... One of my cat bite experiences began with a cat playing. Then whatever it is in a cat's mind that switches it into attack mode took over and the cat got a death grip on my arm: It was biting my hand between the first finger and thumb, and it was gripping my wrist with its forepaws (and claws!!), with its hind paws (again, claws out) on my forearm. I stupidly (I was a teenager) just flung my arm to get it off. The cat did indeed succumb to centrifugal force, but it never retracted its claws, and my arm was shredded quite nicely.

As for birds, I'm with you. Love to look at them and listen to them, but they are horrendous as pets. And on the subject of horses, I've never been bitten by one, but I have been stepped on (luckily no serious injury).

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Ever Been Bitten? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.