Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:02:24 AM
713393 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  halloween costumes? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: halloween costumes?  (Read 10458 times)
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 21, 2008, 12:22:09 AM »

picked up a sweet jason voorhees mask. it's apparently "freddy vs jason" style. you'll notice that it doesn't have the axe-gash in the forehead, or the outboard motor damage on the jaw of the mask, but the skin is darker than it was in the earlier films.

anyone interested in this mask, click here for an auction where the seller wants $35 for the "buy it now" option. it's listed as once-used, but it's probably just as decent as one fresh-out-the-box.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 07:19:30 AM »

That's really cool. I was just looking at Jason masks the other night. I like these ones;

They're about $30-40 from Halloweencostumes4u.com

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 11:01:21 AM »

that second one is actually the one i have. it looks a little different than the pictures everyone uses.

yeah, the first one is pretty great, too. i almost got it, but i didn't want to have to get a rotten ribcage, rotten hands, etc.

i actually like the mask from jason x a whole lot.

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 01:55:55 AM »

is anyone else putting a costume together this year?

mine is almost complete. as you can see, i have the jason mask, and a suitable green button-down jacket, but i also have matching pants, a tattered dark grey shirt, black leather shoes that ought to do well enough, some halloween "crypt gauze" that i can hang around my neck and out my sleeves, the friday the 13th machete, and a "stalker" knife. the only bit i'm still missing is a pair of simple, black work gloves. i think i'm going to check out what they've got at the hardware store, and that ought to bring anything together.

as soon as everything is together, i'll have some more pictures taken, and i'll post 'em here.

ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 02:10:27 AM »

I've been thinking long and hard about a Killer Klowns costume, but not necessarily true to the movie, but rather an all-out evil spawn of satan killer klown. I never do anything for Halloween.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 02:37:49 AM »

well, check out -http://www.spirithalloween.com- and see if they have any locations near you. you can probably find all the elements for a badass psycho clown costume there, for around $40-$60.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 05:22:53 AM »

I think I'm gonna get this one;

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »

one time I was in new york and got invited to  a halloween party and din't have a costume.  so I wore what i was wearing inside out and went as inside out guy.  I  had my socks outside my shoes and my underwear outside my pants
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 11:21:49 AM »

This is me 4 years ago in 2004.  I dressed up as the Lone Ranger.  Yes, it's a bad pic.   TongueOut  And it was taken when I had that goatee...which got shaved off years ago.

I haven't dressed up since then.  Maybe I'll don the mask and white cowboy hat this year.   Smile
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 11:25:05 AM by Ash » Logged
the master
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 11:56:49 AM »

im going 2 be torgo
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 11:59:46 AM »

I actually bought a Hoff Knight Rider costume last year.  I only wore it out once so perhaps I'll recycle it. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 03:11:08 AM »

That's really cool. I was just looking at Jason masks the other night. I like these ones;

They're about $30-40 from Halloweencostumes4u.com

which one do you think actually looks better? the first one looks quite a bit different from the artwork, unfortunately. the undermask is still pretty nice, though. i bet one of the foam masks you can get with the machete at just about any walgreens would fit alright over it. it sure looks better.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2008, 11:05:36 AM »

Yeah it's a shame that the actual mask doesn't look as good as pictured/advertised, kinda like when you order a burger - it looks all nice of the board above the counter, then when you get it, it looks like garbage.

I think if you have a half decent undermask and a high quality hockey mask, you're good to go  Thumbup

KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »

Im being Rorschach form WATCHMEN. No one is gonna know who i am. Just like last year!

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2008, 11:27:38 PM »

actually, you might be surprised. i work for one of the major bookstores here in the states, and we've had a watchmen tpb collection at the front of our store for the last month or so. more people might recognize your costume than you realize.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  halloween costumes? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.