Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:20:12 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It Really Annoys Me When... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Author Topic: It Really Annoys Me When...  (Read 38328 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »

It really annoys me when people put music on their voicemail.
Most of the time it's rap music.  Don't get me wrong, I love old school rap from the late 80's-early 90's.  But it's usually some crappy stuff that was churned out recently. 
And 90% of the time it's extremely distorted and very loud and I have to pull the phone away from my ear.
And it's not just 10 seconds of it...it'll go on for over a minute, which is an eternity when waiting to leave a message.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2008, 09:12:29 PM »

It really annoys me when I buy 5 fish for my aquarium and 2 survive after a week.  Then you bring it back to Petco  who then analyzes your tank water as if it is murder evidence and then REFUSES you a replacement fish 95% (even though they have a half assed guarantee) of the time. They tell you "this is too high" or "that is too low".  Dudes, its not like I'm buying a f*cking cat, its a neon tetra for christ's sakes!  Don't even mention "guarantees" if you're gonig to give me this much sh*t.  This is why I wait for sales on fish.  I figure if I spend 99 cents I'm not out too much. 

Side note on Petco, they seem to put you through the same horsesh*t when buying fish.   "Are you mixing these together in a tank....oooooooooooooooohhhhh...I wouldn't do that if I were you."  Are these people working for the oceanographic institute or they selling aquarium fish. 

Why do I shop there?   Lookingup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Torgo

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »

Speaking of dogs.  It annoys me my neighbors don't seem to realize how annoying a dog barking is at 1:30 in the morning. That and why its a generally bad idea to leave dogs outside tied up past 10 PM.   

There's a couple of dogs in my neighborhood who never stop barking at night. Thankfully, I sleep with an air cleaner on due to my allergies which drowns out all noise, but I would have to be one of the people that lives next door to them. 

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2008, 10:39:17 PM »

Yea, Petco seems to hire only arrogant, self-righteous kids. I was ready to brutalize some kid because I asked a simple question and he started his answer with "Let me see if I can explain this so you can understand". He got a "Don't hurt yourself dickhead, I'll go somewhere I'm not paying the salary of a someone with low enough self-esteem that they can't answer a simple question without being a prick about it". FFS the question was "Do clown loaches eat snails? I heard they were a good way to get rid of a snail infestation".

BTW, what's your favorite fish?

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »

I carefully explain what is going to be on a quiz, choose questions we have talked about repeatedly in class, and then have one of the little darlings  Lookingup get all but two questions wrong and complain about how HARD that quiz was!

Or, (this one takes the cake), after spending a MONTH discussing the events leading to the Civil War, and the Civil War itself, in great detail, having one of the scamps ask me "When are we going to talk about Hitler?  Wasn't he in the Civil War?"

Hatred Hatred hot hot hot BounceGiggle Bluesad

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2008, 11:31:25 PM »

"When are we going to talk about Hitler?  Wasn't he in the Civil War?"

Lol, that's good. Tell them "Yea, that was the Civil War, Hitler led the Germans in the bombing of Pearl Harbor during the CIVIL WAR". Gees, kids these days. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2008, 07:13:59 AM »

The ones I like the most seem to die out quickly unfortunately.  I've had the most success with tetras, tiger barbs and spotted catfish.  I had a freshwater pufferfish once that lasted over 2 years.  I'd like to get another one but they're rather expensive. 

Yea, Petco seems to hire only arrogant, self-righteous kids.
Kind of reminds me of the staff at Gamestop in some places.   Lookingup  Ok I want to pay extra money for a warantee on a used game that cost me 5 bucks.  That and they're always looking to give you a high brow review on the latest game you're attempting to buy. 

DarkSider's Realm

schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2008, 09:34:36 AM »

Fish that don't die :-) And fish that don't eat other expensive fish.

A lot has to do with size. Seems like once tropical fish attain a certain size, they can survive the bullies. And once they become bigger, they become the bullies themselves.

I had a (opaline?) gourami that was a demon for eating the other fish, and harassing the angel fish I kept trying to keep, shredding their fins to the point that several died. But eventually the survivors got to a decent size, and started picking on HIM!

We long ago decided that far from being relaxing, a tropical fish tank ends up being a window into Nature's grim realities. Kind of like those nature shows where you watch lions eat the zebras.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2008, 09:42:59 AM »

What really annoys me...is when people argue with me on bb's regarding my area of professional expertise, and subsequently (inadvertently) reveal that they are not even close to adequately conversant with the *basics* let alone the more challenging/advanced end of things.   AND it annoys me that I am required to treat these arrogant know-nothings as equals; that their input is automatically 'equal' to that of others who are far. far more experienced.

What really annoys me off the web:  when I am instructing someone in my sport and I suggest that they do a certain thing.  I can clearly see the body part that they should be applying and *nothing*moves*.  No movement or shift at all.  No response.  Yet when I ask them to 'do' whatever it was, they verbally respond, "I AM!"  So off I go to track down the disconnect....which is my 'job', but why do they *always* say they are doing something when they clearly are not?   For goodness' sake: it is what they are paying me for, so why don't they do it? (Bangs head)

Or even better: (just thought of this) when they tell me, "That doesn't work"  - beg pardon????   Buggedout
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:46:59 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Ash

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2008, 09:46:19 AM »

(about the fish)

My fish are pretty tough.

I've got a huge Iridescent Shark, a Black Skirt Tetra and my favorite, a Blind Cave Tetra.
The blind one is bright pink and has no eyes.   Buggedout

All three of them are over 5 years old.  
When the flood hit, the power went out in their tank.  So I left them in it for almost two months and they survived with no running filter.  Stalwart little bastards!
I eventually got a friend to let me put them in his 75 gallon tank and they're still going strong.
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2008, 10:08:41 AM »

I always liked Black Moors, I always have one, despite the pet store people claiming the al goldfish derivatibves put out a poison that kills other fish. I always end up with a clown loach or two, a bunch of kuli loaches, glass cats, headlight-taillights, bleeding hearts, and some of those little frogs. I try and buy the smallest algea eater I can find. Last tank I had I also had some hatchet fish. I usually have some plattys, which I bred when I was in Texas, those things multiplied better than guppies.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2008, 10:40:45 AM »

It really annoys me when I back off because I'm about to let one rip, and somebody follows me.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2008, 12:11:45 PM »

Not to make this the "aquarium thread" but Ghouck, what is the life expectancy on those frogs.  I had one and he didn't do so well.  That and he kept crawling up the side of the tank without water. 

DarkSider's Realm

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2008, 01:59:19 PM »

I had the really little ones, maybe even called Pygme frogs, and they stayed near the bottom and were fully aquatic. IIRC they lasted a year or so, maybe more.

Ash

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 09:17:44 AM »

It really annoys me when I'm in a packed parking lot looking for a parking space.
I'll approach what I think is an empty spot only to discover that it's been taken by a small compact car or motorcycle parked really far forward.   Lookingup
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It Really Annoys Me When... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.