Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:59:08 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It Really Annoys Me When... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: It Really Annoys Me When...  (Read 38316 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 10:17:22 AM »

On that subject, I think handicapped tags are given out a bit too liberally. I saw a guy get out in one and he had an arm missing. I also saw a blind guy get out in one at the mall, led by another person of course. I then saw them walk all around the mall for a couple of hours (Big mall with 200+ stores). So let me get this straight, The guy can walk well enough to go a few MILES throughout the mall, but needs to park up close. I've actually seen a FAT person get out in one, go to the gym and walk on a treadmill for 15 minutes or so.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for those that have difficulty getting from point A to point B having a space so that distance is shorter, ESPECIALLY in Alaska where it is sometimes impossible to push a wheelchair because of the snow/ice/slush, but, if an up-front parking spot gives you no real advantage regarding your disability, then I don't really see that it is fair. In Anchorage, I OFTEN see that the handicap parking spaces are all full, and people always say that it's from people parking there illegally. This is just not true, the problem is that many people seem to have the tags when their disability doesn't seem to effect their ability to motivate.

The worst is people that park in those spots with DIPLOMATIC PLATES. I've seen twice, and I have two corrosponding radio antennas in my gun cabinet as trophies.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2008, 02:35:38 PM »

It really annoys me when

People do Chewbacca impressions.  IT"S NOT FUNNY!

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »

Neither are Austin Powers impressions, or impressions of ANY charracter from those movies. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2008, 05:31:58 PM »

It really annoys me when hippies say they live an alternative lifestyle, and everyone should do the same because they are making the world better, but the truth is they either just dress differently, or they own a small business. Not everyone can own a business, not everyone can afford organic food! They live in an isolated world centered around their own clique.

And no, I'm not conservative. They're just as bad.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Poogie
Bad Movie Lover

uuummmmmm.....BOO!

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2008, 06:22:38 PM »

What annoys me is......  hey,  wait a minute.....they're already written in here......I'm annoyed.. Hatred TeddyR

Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...Boogie...  
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2008, 06:40:39 PM »

It really annoys me when hippies say they live an alternative lifestyle, and everyone should do the same because they are making the world better, but the truth is they either just dress differently, or they own a small business. Not everyone can own a business, not everyone can afford organic food! They live in an isolated world centered around their own clique.

And no, I'm not conservative. They're just as bad.

What I hate it the elitism. There's a hippie guy down the road that complains that people are mindless consumers. snowmachines and ATVs are bought because a person is BRAINWASHED, not because they actually want one. The guy drives a truck, but that's because he NEEDS a truck, whereas anyone else not riding a SCOOTER, bought their vehicle because Cal Worthington or some other schlock TOLD THEM TO. Hippie guy HAS to have a truck to haul his canoe/Kayak (never mind that he BOUGHT those). I got a peek in the guys house and he has about 1000 CD and just as many DVDs, ,apparently those are not optional (Ok, maybe a bad example with this crowd). This guy has tens of thousands of dollars worth of camping gear, , but everyone else is the mindless consumer. This idiot was showing off a $900 fishing rod and reel, I just couldn't believe the hypocrisy.

Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »

it the elitism. There's a hippie guy down the road that complains that people are mindless consumers. snowmachines and ATVs are bought because a person is BRAINWASHED, not because they actually want one. The guy drives a truck, but that's because he NEEDS a truck, whereas anyone else not riding a SCOOTER, bought their vehicle because Cal Worthington or some other schlock TOLD THEM TO. Hippie guy HAS to have a truck to haul his canoe/Kayak (never mind that he BOUGHT those). I got a peek in the guys house and he has about 1000 CD and just as many DVDs, ,apparently those are not optional (Ok, maybe a bad example with this crowd). This guy has tens of thousands of dollars worth of camping gear, , but everyone else is the mindless consumer. This idiot was showing off a $900 fishing rod and reel, I just couldn't believe the hypocrisy.

I hear ya. It's like as though some people need to slam others in order to define their individuality. Which reminds me...

It really annoys me when I like something very much, and I find out that everyone else does too.

Heheh, I wonder if I'm the only one here who actually liked Nukie.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2008, 09:22:40 PM »

It's true. In Alaska there's this pickup truck fetish that drives me insane. 16-18 year old girls driving F-250 or even F-350 pickups. A woman in town has a 1-ton truck and NOTHING to go in the bed of it. She complains about the cost of the truck, the insurance, gas, tires, EVERYTHING, , but for what she does, she would be just as well with a mid-size or even a small car. I drive CARS, and once every couple of years I either rent a u-haul or borrow a friends (And fill the tank, get the oil changed, clean it out, wash it, buy him some beer) because I need one just for that day, and some of these indignant pricks give me the "I told you you should have bough a truck". The way I figured it, I could rent a u-haul twice a month and put 250 miles on it for the money I save driving a CAR, , and I don't drive a cheap car by any means.

One friend of mine said he has a truck because he "travels quite a bit, and all his luggage won't fit into the trunk of a car". My car seats five and the trunk holds luggage for five people (4 easily, 5 if they pack reasonably). So this guy can haul more luggage, but it's pointless because he can only haul 3 PEOPLE.

I can tell you this, those F-250s and F-350, the big one-ton dodge dualies, I see those EVERYWHERE with "for sale" signs on them since the big jump in gas prices.

The funny thing is the I've stood in the parking lot of a stop on the Seward Highway and counted cars and trucks, and they are in the winter, just about even, the same number of each on the road, BUT, 3 out of 4 vehicles in the DITCH are trucks (I count them also). The problem is, people don't buy studded snow tires for trucks as much as people seem to for cars. So it seem to me, people spend more on the truck, enough they don't have the money for a good set of snow tires (which are also more expensive), and the end up in the ditch more. Kinda defeats the purpose of the supposed greater safety and driveability of a truck.

Also, I can't seem to find it, but I read an article where some eco-vandalists tore up a Hummer (again), , but this one was an experimental one that had been converted to CNG in an effort to study the feesability. The article said it had some environment-oriented stickers on it and CNG logos, , but they must have missed that. So, not only did they interfere with the testing of alternative fuels, , but they added 5 tires and a windshield to the local landfill. Go Team! Lookingup
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:28:15 PM by ghouck » Logged

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2008, 09:26:29 PM »

Going alone with Ghouck's last post.  Whats the point of a Hummer if you aren't driving through rough terrain on a daily basis? 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2008, 09:29:26 PM »

They look cool with 40" rims though, , even though that takes away any off-road abilities.

Doesn't make sense to me either. .

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2008, 09:33:07 PM »

Also this just came to mind.  The kid peeing on something back window stickers.  I've seen that kid p**sing on everthing from Jeff Gordon's number to the New York Yankees to whatever.  Do these people think they are hurting feelings with this little sticker?  That and who the hell cares who you root for.  Win or lose, is all about the contract you sign when you're an athete.  Get an identity of your own sports fans. 

Side note, I'm sure Chevy thanks everyone for the kid peeing on the Ford stickers too.   Lookingup
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:36:09 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2008, 09:45:55 PM »

Thats Calvin from the old "Calvin and Hobbes" Sunday Funnies:

Why doesn't Hobbes p**s on anything?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:48:32 PM by Nukie 2 » Logged

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2008, 10:18:21 PM »

You notice the comics suck since the guy that did Calvin and Hobbes retired? It was like he set the bar and everyone gave up when he left. Kinda hard to pass the torch when everyone else has been in the game LONGER than you though.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2008, 10:28:33 PM »

Going alone with Ghouck's last post.  Whats the point of a Hummer if you aren't driving through rough terrain on a daily basis? 

They're for jerks like this:  (NOT SAFE FOR WORK!!)

Small | Large
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2008, 10:46:11 PM »

You notice the comics suck since the guy that did Calvin and Hobbes retired? It was like he set the bar and everyone gave up when he left. Kinda hard to pass the torch when everyone else has been in the game LONGER than you though.

What about Family Circus?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It Really Annoys Me When... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.