Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:18:58 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It Really Annoys Me When... « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: It Really Annoys Me When...  (Read 38327 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2008, 08:44:52 AM »

That last bit finally made her realize that I didn't want combo meals, made me feel like a mean nasty man and raised my blood pressure, if I ever have a heart attack it's going to be in a situation like this one.
Add the Sausage McMuffin and I'd say you're at pretty good odds.   BounceGiggle  Yeah I've had this happen at many places.  One place it got to a ridiculous point and I simply said, "keep the sandwich" and walked out.  Its almost like when you're at the movie theater and they ask you if you'd like the larger size for a quarter more. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2008, 09:15:43 AM »

It really annoys me when people in certain types of cars (usually trucks or low riders), insist on taking off with the engine roaring so LOUD you can hear the damn thing four five blocks away.  Guys, you're NOT impressing anyone!  Get a f**king muffler!

Those cell phone headsets.  Annoys me to see someone walking and then they something and it looks like they're talking to themselves, and you're like, "Uh, sorry?  What did you say?" thinking they're speaking to you,  but no, they turn their head and they've got some little wire thing clipped to their ear, and they look at you like you're the idiot for thinking that they were addressing you in the first place.

Foamy sums it up real well...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/439487
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 11:30:49 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2008, 12:04:24 PM »

It really annoys me when people in certain types of cars (usually trucks or low riders), insist on taking off with the engine roaring so LOUD you can hear the damn thing four five blocks.  Guys, you're NOT impressing anyone!  Get a f**king muffler!

Those cell phone headsets.  Annoys me to see someone walking and then they something and it looks like they're talking to themselves, and you're like, "Uh, sorry?  What did you say?" thinking they're speaking to you,  but no, they turn their head and they've got some little wire thing clipped to their ear, and they look at you like you're the idiot for thinking that they were addressing you in the first place.

Foamy sums it up real well...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/439487

I agree on both accounts.  A guy the neighborhood over has no muffler and likes to go for drives at midnight.   Lookingup

As for cell phones, not sure why people are so lonely they need to talk in public to their friends on the phone about...well from what I hear mostly, nothing. 

DarkSider's Realm

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2008, 03:47:59 PM »

It annoys me when people act as if their talking on a cellphone is a license to throw manners out the window. I've had people push me out of their way because they were too busy talking on their phone to say "excuse me". I see people drive around town while talking, and one in perticular doesn't stop for stop signs or anything, she just drives at 10 MPH EVERYWHERE. 25, 30 MPH zone = 10 mph. parking lot, stop signs, entering traffic, all 10 MPH. It seems she goes slow enough that people have more then enough time to react, therefore there are no wrecks. All the while she has her yappy little dog on her lap.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
BTM

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2008, 11:30:10 PM »

That last bit finally made her realize that I didn't want combo meals, made me feel like a mean nasty man and raised my blood pressure, if I ever have a heart attack it's going to be in a situation like this one.

You know, that's weird, I've never had that happen to me.  I mean, they'll ask, "Would you like something to drink with that?" And I'll go, "No, thank you."  And they'll just tell me to pull around.  (Course I usually go through the drive through...) 

Granted, maybe the people in my area just want to get rid of the customers as fast as possible.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 09:55:57 AM by BTM » Logged

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #80 on: October 09, 2008, 12:27:47 AM »

All the McDonald's franchises in my area are owned by a single corporation, my daughter worked for them when she was going to college. She's told me that the employees are taught to push the combo meals by telling people they save money and also to make sure people understand they must take the drink of their choice with the meal, don't know why this is the policy but it is. I go to McDonald's once or twice every other month or so and usually have this kind of silly conversation each time I'm there, after awhile it gets annoying. I will say I've never had this conversation twice with the same person, I hope it's because they've moved on to a better job.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #81 on: October 09, 2008, 01:52:59 AM »

This has been happening to me a lot lately, and it's beginning to get really annoying. Sunday, after washing the cars, I decided that I would like breakfast from McDonald's, my wife and I both like their sausage mcmuffins and hash browns. I went inside because the drive-thru was full and had this conversation with the girl at the counter:
"Welcome to McDonald's, may I take your order?"
"I'd like 3 sausage mcmuffins and 3 hashbrowns please."
"Do you want the combo's?"
"No, thank you."
"You'll save money if you get them."
"I don't want the drinks."
"You have to take the drinks when you order combo's."
"I didn't order combo meals."
"But you'll save money if you do."
"3 SAUSAGE MCMUFFINS AND 3 HASH BROWNS PLEASE."

I get pretty much the same thing when I order a hamburger, Dennis. I'm allergic to certain foods and cannot eat things like gherkins, cabbage, lettuce, etc. When I ask for a burger, no sauce, no lettuce, no garnish, no cheese, the look I get is something like: "Ahah! I know where you escaped from." I just say that I am allergic to certain foods and would like a plain hamburger with chips / fries.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2008, 07:25:51 AM »

It annoys me when Canadians pronounce about "a-boot."  I know they can't help it, being Canadians, but it still annoys me.

On the other hand, it amuses me to no end when the say "eh?" at the end of a sentence for no reason.  Life's funny, isn''t it?

LOL! Canadian here: I have never encountered anyone who pronounces about "a-boot" - who was not of Scottish origin. 

As for the '"eh?" : usually it is a solicitation of response, but it can get irritating if random and persistent.  Still beats the corresponding "huh?" we hear from Americans.   Now, that's annoying!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 07:36:16 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #83 on: October 09, 2008, 09:30:10 AM »

It annoys me when Canadians pronounce about "a-boot."  I know they can't help it, being Canadians, but it still annoys me.

On the other hand, it amuses me to no end when the say "eh?" at the end of a sentence for no reason.  Life's funny, isn''t it?

LOL! Canadian here: I have never encountered anyone who pronounces about "a-boot" - who was not of Scottish origin. 

As for the '"eh?" : usually it is a solicitation of response, but it can get irritating if random and persistent.  Still beats the corresponding "huh?" we hear from Americans.   Now, that's annoying!
Huh?   What do you mean?   Wink

DarkSider's Realm

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #84 on: October 09, 2008, 08:34:37 PM »

I hate it when I come across one of those internet "IQ Tests" or "Dumb Tests", and after completing it, I find out I have to buy something or sign up for something to get the results. I love those little tests, but I'm not going to buy a magazine subscription for the answers, but they never say that's what it's about until it's all over but the results.

Also, I hate it when I'm filling out a form on the 'net and it tells me I'm wrong. They often spit out "enter a valid street address", how the heck does it think it knows better than me? My ISP has some security questions in case you forget your password, the question is "what is the name of your first pet". I answered "Gus" and it spits out "answer not long enough". That's just stupid.   

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #85 on: October 09, 2008, 09:36:06 PM »

It annoys me when I specifically put a movie on the top of my Blockbuster Online que and they send #20.  But I think i've mentioned that in several other threads. 

DarkSider's Realm

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #86 on: October 09, 2008, 09:38:55 PM »

One other thing I thought of;  Doesn't it annoy you when you see something listed on Ebay for 99 cents and the people are charging over $8.00 for shipping.  No DVD can be that much to send...I'm sorry.   Hatred

DarkSider's Realm

BTM

« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2008, 12:36:13 PM »

One other thing I thought of;  Doesn't it annoy you when you see something listed on Ebay for 99 cents and the people are charging over $8.00 for shipping.  No DVD can be that much to send...I'm sorry.   Hatred

Oh, I hear ya.

Speaking of eBay, tell me if this happened to you, you see a item you really want, it's been up for about five days, NO bids, going really cheap.  You put in a decent bid for it, and then you think, "Hey, let's see what else this guy has, so I can justify the shipping a bit more."  You look around and see another item that you only sorta want.  That is, you wouldn't buy the second item on it owns (at least not for the price plus shipping) but you figure this WITH the item you really want isn't too bad of a deal.

And then someone outbids you at the LAST second (never mind NO ONE was bidding on this earlier), and you're still with the item you only SORTA wanted, AND the shipping costs.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2008, 12:57:19 PM »

I really wish ebay would do something to get rid of that sniping crap. Make the auction end at a random time in a 15-30 minute timeframe. It's not the being outbid that is bothersome, it's the whole winning the auction by a very long stretch until the last 5 seconds. If people just simply put in their honest max price, everything would go easier, and I for one would be much more likely to use eBay, I quit a while back because of that, and mt next annoyance.

It annoys me to no end when a person has an auction and they say "buyer pays actual shipping", yet won't sell to Alaska or Hawaii. Especially right after 9/11 where every F-ing thing had an American Flag pasted on it, there were TONS of sellers displaying a modern, 50-star American flag on their auction, yet wouldn't ship to Alaska or Hawaii.

ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2009, 04:36:25 PM »

You buy something and it says the warranty is only valid/repairs and replacement will only be made if it is returned 'in the original packaging', BUT, the box it came it is the size of a small car, making it inconvenient to keep. 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It Really Annoys Me When... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.