Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:02:02 AM
714208 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Driver License Pictures « previous next »
Poll
Question: How bad is your driver license picture?
It looks good! - 2 (16.7%)
It's ok - 2 (16.7%)
It's pretty bad - 4 (33.3%)
If I hold my license up to a mirror, the mirror will shatter - 3 (25%)
I don't have a license or i.d. - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Driver License Pictures  (Read 9515 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: September 25, 2008, 09:08:32 AM »

I went to the driver's license station here in town the other day.  My license had expired way back in April and I'd been driving around with an expired license the entire time.  Since the fine for that is $100, I figured I'd better get over there and take care of it.  Plus, a lot of places stopped selling me beer because it was expired.

It didn't take long to get up to the camera area where a girl snapped the photos.  I stood in line with several older folks and we commented on how they must program the cameras to take the worst possible picture.

After waiting for ten minutes or so, it was my turn.  I walked up to the wall, (which has a blue cloth background) turned and faced the camera and tried to give my best smile as she snapped my photo. 
As I was smiling, I thought, "This'll look good.  I'm giving a good smile."

Yeah right...

After about five minutes she called my name and handed me my new license.
It was without a doubt, THE WORST PICTURE I'VE EVER TAKEN!

Not just the worst license picture...but the worst picture ever taken of me in my entire life.   Buggedout
I looked like some thug.  It was like a prison picture.  I've seen mugshots of criminals that look better than my license pic.  In my mind I thought I was smiling good but in that pic, I appear to have this tough guy sneer that says, "What the f**k you lookin' at!?"  (and not in a cool way either)

When I change my address soon, I'm going back and getting a new one.
It's so horrible, I can't bear to look at it.  And when I do, it's like looking at someone else.

How about you?
Is your license picture good or bad?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 09:14:57 AM by Ash » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 09:18:45 AM »

Very stoopid!  Lookingup

I looked like some kind of cross between Vince Neil and a weird elfen creature on mine! My hair is bleach blonde all sprayed up with a fringe and had these goofy earrings in at the time. I got it taken over 2 years ago at some shopping centre and then sent it off with the relevant paperwork. The problem with the photo booths here are that they give you a really high stool that you can't move (vandals must have been stealing them??), so I had to slump down against the wall behind, which is really awkward. There's this screen with an oval on it and you can see yourself and then get your head in and take the snap. You have one attempt at this, you think "yeah that's good" and after 3 mins of waiting for the print out I end up like a mutant!  Buggedout

the picture costs about $6 too!  Hatred

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 10:35:15 AM »

Hey Ash, congrats for not posting your drivers license again!

Sorry man, but I had to needle you about it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 11:05:45 AM »

Hey Ash, congrats for not posting your drivers license again!

Sorry man, but I had to needle you about it.

Yeah, that was a bad idea posting my full license pic.  When was that?  Last year sometime?  I'd forgotten about that.

Anyway, my new license pic is so bad that if I posted it here, it'd do this to you:

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 11:07:37 AM »

Heh, looks like me when I'm drunk  TeddyR

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 11:16:33 AM »

Mines ok although it was taken when I was a bit heavier so my face looks bloated.   Bluesad

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Raffine

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 11:59:45 AM »

My latest license photo turned out pretty good:

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Sister Grace

I found my mind in a brown paper bag...

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 07:24:21 AM »

I have bad luck with driver license photos. The one I've got now makes me look like one of those quiet housewives who wind up killing their whole family with a set of egg beaters on Snapped. The one before was no better. I went into labor while in line at the DMV.... the expression on my face was priceless. The only good thing about it was they moved me to the front of the line and the man behind the counter actually smiled. I'm not sure if he was being polite or just revelling in my misery....

Society, exactly as it now exists is the ultimate expression of sadomasochism in action.<br />-boyd rice-<br />On the screen, there\\\'s a death and the rustle of cloth; and a sickly voice calling me handsome...<br />-Nick Cave-
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 07:42:25 AM »

I was playing golf (wearing a cap) before I got my license renewed, so my hair is this nice cap-shaped block on top of my head.  It looks like they squeezed my head in horizontally, and stretched it out vertically.  I look about 15 years older than I am, and very, very sad.  Kind of like "This is the last picture we have of him before he succumbed to the disease."

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
dean

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »

Because vicroads, the car license/registration place near me has gone digital, people can actually check their photos and get another if they want to.  Well, all the really vain people at least.

A friend of mine at work for fun modified his old license, and changed the photo to one of him with a pair of women's intimate undergarments on his head.

He uses it to get into bars and whatnot, and always gets a funny look from the bouncers, but generally they don't bother him about it.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2008, 12:03:53 PM »

I believe that the photographers at the DMV are specially trained to take bad photos, I've never seen one where the person's picture didn't resemble a mug shot or sometimes, as with my mom, a corpse in the morgue. I know they're in a hurry but just a little care on their part is all that's needed.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2008, 01:01:50 PM »

I just got my license today, my picture looks like a mug shot and I had a splitting headache getting out of there.  I think Hell would basically be an eternity of sitting at a DMV style room waiting for your name to be called so you can get to the torture already.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 12:37:36 AM by Patient7 » Logged

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2008, 01:52:27 PM »

It looks pretty bad. Like I was just frightened by something walking by.....I have this look like I just saw the Boogeyman or something. LOL! Anyways have to get it done again next year...expect results probably about the same. Some of it is I believe that you never really expect them to take your picture when they do and it catches you off guard somehow.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 08:47:58 AM »

I went to the driver's license station here in town the other day.  My license had expired way back in April and I'd been driving around with an expired license the entire time.  Since the fine for that is $100, I figured I'd better get over there and take care of it.  Plus, a lot of places stopped selling me beer because it was expired.

It didn't take long to get up to the camera area where a girl snapped the photos.  I stood in line with several older folks and we commented on how they must program the cameras to take the worst possible picture.

After waiting for ten minutes or so, it was my turn.  I walked up to the wall, (which has a blue cloth background) turned and faced the camera and tried to give my best smile as she snapped my photo. 
As I was smiling, I thought, "This'll look good.  I'm giving a good smile."

Yeah right...

After about five minutes she called my name and handed me my new license.
It was without a doubt, THE WORST PICTURE I'VE EVER TAKEN!

Not just the worst license picture...but the worst picture ever taken of me in my entire life.   Buggedout
I looked like some thug.  It was like a prison picture.  I've seen mugshots of criminals that look better than my license pic.  In my mind I thought I was smiling good but in that pic, I appear to have this tough guy sneer that says, "What the f**k you lookin' at!?"  (and not in a cool way either)

When I change my address soon, I'm going back and getting a new one.
It's so horrible, I can't bear to look at it.  And when I do, it's like looking at someone else.

How about you?
Is your license picture good or bad?

Mine is so bad that if the local traffic cops had to look at it instead of the expiry date, they would arrest my car and tell me to walk instead.  Buggedout Twirling

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2008, 08:49:28 AM »

It looks pretty bad. Like I was just frightened by something walking by.....

TeddyR BounceGiggle TeddyR

That makes me feel a whole lot better about mine, Jase.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Driver License Pictures « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.