Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:12:54 PM
713359 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  CARNIVAL of the DAMNED available on DVD « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CARNIVAL of the DAMNED available on DVD  (Read 2721 times)
Diseris
New Visitor

« on: September 26, 2008, 08:59:59 PM »

Hello B-Movie Fans,

I would like to introduce In the Can Pictures release of Chris Thompson's CARNIVAL of the DAMNED.

That being said, our movie is a 116 min exploitation homage to the movies and directors that Chris and I loved growing up.  We filled it with references to previous movies, campy horror and some really fun special effects.  The movie has added film damage, as well as the pick of the crop from the Southwest Film Festival trailer entries to give you a feeling of being thrown back into the 70's.

The official line:

Product Description
A 70's and 80's style feature, filmed and edited to look like the exploitation grindhouse films of that era, complete with trailers and film reel damage. The feature follows a series of exploitation trailers and popcorn ads to give you the feel of going to see a movie in the theater or drive-in, back in the day. CARNIVAL of the DAMNED is exactly what it sets out to be. Grindhouse.

This version of the DVD includes a directors commentary, subtitle track, poster gallery, interview with the director, behind the scenes photos, and two easter eggs.

Earlier official line:

CARTNIVAL of the DAMNED is a 116 minute zombie movie that follows a police detective, his partner, a waitress, a newspaper reporter and a hitman as they attempt to stop a cult from bringing back an ancient evil.  As morning approaches, the dead walk and survival is uncertain.  Will our heroes be able to stop the horror that awaits all mankind, or will this be the start of a new world.  A world where the damned wait around every corner and nothing will ever be the same again.

Where will you be when the world ends?

I hope you will take the time to see our feature.  If you will be in the Port Orchard, WA neck of the woods this month, we will be having two showings of the film.

October 18, 2008  9:30pm  Orchard Threater  followed by Q and A with the director and producer.

October 31, 2008  10:00pm also at the Historic Orchard Theater in downtown Port Orchard.

More information is available at our website, www.inthecanpictures.com or just click the banner...

Thanks for reading the post and I hope you enjoy our movie.

Stan Wankowski
Producer
In The Can Pictures

« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 09:36:39 PM by Diseris » Logged
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:40:31 AM »

You know what....this is obviously a promotion for a film. But this guy is up front and obvious about it. Unlike many so called posters I'll not mention,who claim NOT to be spamster's...who say they are going to post in other threads...but only post in each others spam threads. I can respect up front promotion....but the phony,sneaky salesmen....arrrrrr..... Hatred

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 08:05:11 AM »

You know what....this is obviously a promotion for a film. But this guy is up front and obvious about it. Unlike many so called posters I'll not mention,who claim NOT to be spamster's...who say they are going to post in other threads...but only post in each others spam threads. I can respect up front promotion....but the phony,sneaky salesmen....arrrrrr..... Hatred
My sentiments exactly.  Be up front about it and you won't get flamed by the members of the board.  A good example is this fellow.  A bad example is the following;

"Hey have you guys heard about this amazing film called Scarlett Fry?  Calico Cooper gives one of the most awesome perfomances I've ever seen!  God I love her to death!   Buggedout 
Here is the link to the movie's main page.
www.scarlettsucks.com
The publicisit
www.scarlettreallysucks.com
The theater showing the film
www.scarlettreallyreallysucks.com
I can't wait to see it again personall!"

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »

My sentiments exactly.  Be up front about it and you won't get flamed by the members of the board.  A good example is this fellow.  A bad example is the following;

"Hey have you guys heard about this amazing film called Scarlett Fry?  Calico Cooper gives one of the most awesome perfomances I've ever seen!  God I love her to death!   Buggedout 
Here is the link to the movie's main page.
www.scarlettsucks.com
The publicisit
www.scarlettreallysucks.com
The theater showing the film
www.scarlettreallyreallysucks.com
I can't wait to see it again personall!"

Shoot, the site's already down.  Guess Scarlett didn't make enough at the box office to renew the domain name.

I agree with what the others have said.  I actually like the promotional announcements when the filmmakers are up front about it.  Congrats to Diseris for living out his dream and getting his picture made.  Hopefully I'll get to see it someday.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  CARNIVAL of the DAMNED available on DVD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.