Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:49:11 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Abe Vigoda « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Abe Vigoda  (Read 4240 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: September 27, 2008, 07:02:25 PM »

. . . is still alive!  Thumbup

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/23/abe.vigoda/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Menard
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »

I hope you can feel the love in me saying...

...you son of a b***h TongueOut
Menard
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 09:07:39 PM »

I'll say this about Vigoda: he sure as hell can fool you.

Though he seemed older, at least to a kid at the time, when he played Fish on Barney Miller, well, that was what he was paid for, acting.

He would carry himself in a slump, take his time getting there; quite misleading that in reality he was quite a spry and healthy man then and now, for his age.

I had seen him on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, on one of his several walk-ons in a running gag. The running gag may have been a spin-off from a skit on the previous Late Night with David Letterman where they are trying to summon the spirit of Abe Vigoda only to have Vigoda walk onto the stage and declare 'I'm not dead, you idiot'.

He seems to get about as well as ever, and for a man now at 87; even though he has seemed ancient forever.

Talk about unfortunate spin-offs. When they decided to move his character of Fish from Barney Miller to his own show, well, talk about a way to successfully kill a new show and get rid of a key character from a hit show at the same time. I don't know if he was offered to return to the show Barney Miller after his own show was canceled; but he did not in any event.

Rest in peace, Abe...arghh...dammit...I mean stay in good health.

Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »

Small | Large

Sonovab***h!   Twirling

I remember when they incorporated the original 'Abe Vigoda is dead' rumor into an episode of Barney Miller. Fish is reported dead and has no luck convincing the NYPD he's, in fact, still alive. A great moment in the episode is when a prisoner remarks to Fish "You look just like Boris Karloff!" and Fish replies "We have a lot in common. We're both dead."

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Menard
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 09:46:42 PM »

I remember when they incorporated the original 'Abe Vigoda is dead' rumor into an episode of Barney Miller. Fish is reported dead and has no luck convincing the NYPD he's, in fact, still alive. A great moment in the episode is when a prisoner remarks to Fish "You look just like Boris Karloff!" and Fish replies "We have a lot in common. We're both dead."

The 'Fish is Dead' episode preceded the People Magazine article error by several years; though it probably gave juice to the error and subsequent rumors about his death...uh...premature death.

Does anybody recall if in the 'Fish is Dead' episode, or perhaps another, if there is a scene where Fish is dozing at his desk and someone mistakes him for being dead?
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 11:41:55 PM »

Yeah, I remember reading an article about Abe back in the 80s, about how in spite of his being known for playing tired old geezers, he was actually very athletic. Not the least bit surprised he's still around.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Menard
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 11:52:52 PM »

Just in case anybody has the need to keep up, there is an Abe Vigoda status website: Abe Vigoda's Current Status.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Abe Vigoda « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.