Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:45:52 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Top 10 Horror movies you could show to your kids and not feel bad about « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The Top 10 Horror movies you could show to your kids and not feel bad about  (Read 26468 times)
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »

Don't show children Christine it'll only bore them

It did me.

In that case I will replace it with brain dead.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2009, 01:48:36 PM »

It did me.

That's fine because the two main characters are family friendly. In fact, I don't think they swear once.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2009, 02:52:07 PM »

It did me.

That's fine because the two main characters are family friendly. In fact, I don't think they swear once.

Bet it will encourage the kids to cut the grass.

"We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view."Mao. "At the risk of seeming ridiculous, let me say that the true revolutionary is guided by a great feeling of love. It is impossible to think of a genuine revolutionary lacking this quality." Ernesto Che Guevara. "A lie told often enough becomes the truth" Lenin. "Religion is the opium of the masses." Marx.
Doggett

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »

It did me.

The film might give them parent issues...

Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2009, 06:31:00 PM »

It did me.

The film might give them parent issues...

I always knew my own children will be evil killing machines. Its not put me off. However studying politics has totally put me off. That reminds me I need to sort out my sig but which quotes to use....

ds21
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2009, 06:52:18 PM »

Halloween?  Umm...yes, except for the nudity... Buggedout

My list (in no particular order)

Signs
The Changeling
Monster House ;)
Ringu (too japanese?)
Alien (maybe)
Aliens (also maybe)

And probably a couple I can't remember.

I am David
David I am

Making the world a little more random since 1989.
Frogger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2009, 07:04:26 PM »

Signs

Awful film.

Marketed totally to the wrong crowd.

They made a film about a man getting his faith back in god and marketed as a sci fi horror.

Awful film so many plot holes. I mean FFS water??? These aliens traveled an unknown distance to a planet covered by 2/3rds water when it so happened its lethal to them. An unforgivable movie by the end I was wishing that they would just exterminate the main cast from orbit and let it finish already.

Sorry but I agree its kid friendly not violent or full of swearing but it does not stop it being an awful film.

Doggett

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2009, 07:10:15 PM »

the 1993 version of Invasion of the Bodysnatchers...I think it was just called Body Snatchers is good.

If you want to disturb the child. Bluesad

jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »

A friend of mine has an 9 or 10 year old brother, and whenever the kid watches movies like Die Hard, Gladiator, The Matrix; movies with excessive killings, he scares poopless.

I think sticking to the adventure type movies is wise. Speilberg kinda stuff. I remember awe struck and horrified during the Nazi face melt scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

But the issue is with the practical "That looks so fake! This is so boring! Why are we watching B&W?" young uns nowadays. 

BounceGiggle I sound like a geezer.

-Jimmybob

Skull
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2009, 01:35:41 PM »

It really depends on the child the parent and what is review as horror...

My top 10 horror films for children ages 8 and older...

1, Bud Abbott Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein (1948)

2, The Classic B&W Monster Horror:
Dracula (1931)
Frankenstein (1931)
The Mummy (1932)
The Invisible Man (1933)
The Thing from Another World (1951)
Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)
Them! (1954)

[I dont want to sound like an ass, but many kids do find Black/White a little boring because it doesnt have color, since we normally do watch color TV. Although, they do make a great starting point]

3, The Birds (1963)

4, Creepshow (1982)

5, The Blob (1958)

6, Clownhouse (1989) [unless you dont want your child to see this movie because of Victor Salva]

7, House of Wax (1953)

8, Lady in White (1988)

9, Army of Darkness (1992)

10, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark (1973) (TV)

Why I'd didnt list Psycho or Jaws?

Psycho is an adult horror film, that's best when the child could understand its content. I dont see Jaws as a horror film, although it's musical score is quite spooky.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Top 10 Horror movies you could show to your kids and not feel bad about « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.