Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:22:18 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Anyone seen this? A bunch of people lost in a giant's house. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone seen this? A bunch of people lost in a giant's house.  (Read 3418 times)
The Joker
New Visitor

« on: September 30, 2008, 12:27:15 AM »

I just registered on this forum specifically because I discovered this "what was that film?" board and there's a film I've wondered about of and on for years. I hope one of you b-movie connoisseurs can identify it by my description.

I remember that when I was a little kid I was taken into a blockbuster or some other movie store (pretty sure it was a blockbuster) and I was mesmerized, and horrified, by whatever movie was playing on the screens there.

Here's all I'm sure of:

It was live-action. There were a bunch of people, and I think they were maybe a family: dad, mom, little brother, and older sister, and... one guy who was kind of a "fifth wheel", like maybe he was the sister's boyfriend or something, and they were exploring this giant house (that is, not that the house was a huge mansion, but that it was built to a giant scale, so that a fifty-foot tall giant could live there.) At some point a couple of the people, I'm thinking it was the girl and the (possibly her boyfriend) guy, attract the attention of the giant, who --and this is what really horrified me-- as I remember it, had a man's body but the head of an anteater, or something resembling it (think of Trumpy from Pod People). I'm pretty sure that his eyes glowed red or orange also. The movie had a very dark atmosphere, like maybe it was nighttime and the giant's house was lit mostly with giant candles.

Here's what might be my memory playing tricks on me:

I think there was a sixth person in the group; this sort of sinister old hag.

I think there was a scene where the group comes across a giant spider-web.

The boyfriend-character was Native-American.

The giant had a Mane or wore an animal skin about his shoulders.

The irritating thing about this memory is that, even though I only saw maybe 17 minutes of this movie, it had a profound affect on me, because I was just an impressionable little kid. The movie probably isn't as scary as I remember it, but I can't update my scary memory of it because I have no idea what it's called so I can't just go out and rent it.

I left out an important detail: the time frame here is around 1994 or earlier.
Rayo Casablanca
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »

Funny you should bring this up.

I don't know what the movie was but I've been searching for a film I saw preview of on TV around 1984/85 that had a similar monster - big with an anteater/trunked head. For a long time I assumed it was "Pod People" but this preview was scary. The film was advertised as a horror film. Maybe it's the film you're talking about?
BixDugan
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 06:24:03 PM »

I can see how a 50-foot Trumpy would stick in one's mind. Lol.

...but I have no idea.
Dave M
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 06:46:09 PM »

Could it be The Ewok Adventure?

Small | Large
The Joker
New Visitor

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »

Could it be The Ewok Adventure?

Wow. I think that might be it. Especially the bit at 0:07, with the giant chasing them through the mist. I really think that's it. Also, the sister and brother are familiar to my memory of this mystery movie, even though I've never seen Ewok Adventure before.

It's funny; it appears that my memory altered the movie a good deal, but I think that's it.

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Anyone seen this? A bunch of people lost in a giant's house. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.