Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:33:23 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Need help with 2 movies (both from the 80's) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Need help with 2 movies (both from the 80's)  (Read 4590 times)
Giddeon
New Visitor

« on: October 08, 2008, 07:35:34 AM »

Hey there! There are 2 movies i've been trying to find for years. i remember seeing them on HBO or cinemax when i was very little.
the first one i remember a bit more of, it starts off with a guy watching a clip of a B&W b movie which a man puts something into a machine (i think) only to be killed by a woman who does the same thing. meanwhile the guy's girlfriend shows up in dominatrix gear and whips him to death when the clip ends. throughout the movie whoever watches the clip dies. i remember another part where the clip is shown at a video dance club and the whole place goes up in flames.

the 2 one i just remember one scene where a woman at a mall and she about to go on a esculator when she drops her lipstick. as she tries to pick it up her necklace gets caught  and she gets dragged up. the clerks frantically try to turn off the esculator and the necklace chain wraps more and more tightly around her head. that's all i remember of that one.
any help will be greatly apprieciated. thanks
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:43:40 AM »

The first one sounds a little bit like Remote Control from 1988.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093843/

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 09:40:55 AM »

the 2 one i just remember one scene where a woman at a mall and she about to go on a esculator when she drops her lipstick. as she tries to pick it up her necklace gets caught  and she gets dragged up. the clerks frantically try to turn off the esculator and the necklace chain wraps more and more tightly around her head. that's all i remember of that one.

The second is definitely The Kiss.  It's about this women who's can transfer her soul (or some such) to anyone of her bloodline through a kiss, so she targets her niece by moving in with the girl and her father (guy's wife/girl's sister just died, so she can't transfer it to her.)

Along the way she uses voodoo or some such to off the young girl's friends (can't remember why, though.)  Before that scene, I remember they were talking to the young girl's love interest, a guy who works at a bakery in the mall.  He's telling them how some kid wanted a cake decorate with a young boy with bones sticking out of his mouth, "...as though he just ate her parents."
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:37:10 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Giddeon
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 06:03:30 AM »

They both sound very familiar, I'll have to check them out. Thank You very much!  Cheers
Menard
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 07:02:04 AM »

The second is definitely The Kiss.  It's about this women who's can transfer her soul (or some such) to anyone of her bloodline through a kiss, so she targets her niece by moving in with the girl and her father (guy's wife just died, so she can't transfer it to her.)

Along the way she uses voodoo or some such to off the young girl's friends (can't remember way, though.)  Before that scene, I remember they were talking to the young girl's love interest, a guy who works at a bakery in the mall.  He's telling them how some kid wanted a cake decorate with a young boy with bones sticking out of his mouth, "...as though he just ate her parents."

Good catch on that one. Thumbup

Two other scenes which stand out from this movie and may help jog the memory:

The aforementioned girl's mother has an unfortunate accident early in the film where she is walking downtown and a pickup truck goes out of control and veers into her, knocking her through a plate glass shop window. As you see her under the truck, from her feet, some come to her aid and pull her from under the truck, but one of her legs stays behind.

The aforementioned boyfriend, or whatever he was, is attacked by a cat while driving along, after he found out something (something like that). He stops the vehicle and gets out to get the cat off of him, only to have stepped into the path of an oncoming semi.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Need help with 2 movies (both from the 80's) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.