Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:19:40 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  WESTWORLD on TCM 10:30 EST TONIGHT !!! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WESTWORLD on TCM 10:30 EST TONIGHT !!!  (Read 6117 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: September 16, 2008, 09:23:06 PM »

WESTWORLD on TCM 10:30 EST TONIGHT !!! 

If you haven't seen it, it's worth watching or copying...

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 09:55:45 PM »

A very fond movie theater memory....seeing WESTWORLD at the Strand right after reading the big write up in Famous Monsters mag. Me and a couple of childhood buddies went to see it waaaaaaay back when. We used to play 'Westworld all that summer ..!

"Draw".

"POWPOWPOW! Yer dead"

"Nuh-uh! Imma ROBOT!"

Does anyone remember the sequel...FUTUREWORLD...starring Peter Fonda? (which also made aFM cover!)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 10:03:12 PM »

Yeh, I barely remember FUTUREWORLD, except that I was disappointed in it... been a long time since I've seen, so maybe I'd feel differently now. 

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 07:19:02 AM »

I didn't think Futureworld was all that bad.  The plot was utterly absurd, but still it was kind of fun.  Westworld is definitely a classic.  The last 20 minutes or so are extremely dramatic.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 08:02:20 AM »

I've got West World on VHS and another one Michael Crichton wrote and directed, Looker.  Like'm both.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 05:37:29 AM »

I saw FUTUREWORLD during its original theatrical run.  I remember the experience quite well.  My friend and I went to a showing at around 5:00 or 5:30 p.m. on a week night and sat in the front row.  We were the only two people in the theater.  I don't remember much about the movie other than a few specific scenes.  However, I do remember being disappointed.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 02:58:45 PM »

I really enjoyed West World.. up until the end.. it just didn't do it for me.. the rest was good though.

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
dean

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 09:10:21 AM »

A Westworld Remake was apparently on the cards, starring Arnie.  I really wonder why that was a good choice: An Austrian in the Wild West?  Crazy idea!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Raffine

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 07:11:53 PM »

I saw both films at the theater during their original runs. I was a big fan at the time but I haven't seen either film since.

I remember one of them ending with a character proving he wasn't a robot by flippin' off the bad guys - the audience went wild. I'm pretty sure it was the first time I ever saw anybody flip a bird on screen!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »

Oo-oo, I'm ripe for FUTUREWORLD...   

Small | Large

BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle  BounceGiggle Love this old crap...I'm so horrified aren't you?  Would you put the cocker spaniel in the kitchen and close the folding door?   BounceGiggle  What is this sh!t?  (Just listen for the barking at the climax.)  Don't mind the smell. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 11:08:21 PM by Allhallowsday » Logged

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 05:43:18 PM »

I saw both films at the theater during their original runs. I was a big fan at the time but I haven't seen either film since.

I remember one of them ending with a character proving he wasn't a robot by flippin' off the bad guys - the audience went wild. I'm pretty sure it was the first time I ever saw anybody flip a bird on screen!

That would be "Futureworld," where Peter Fonda, as the hero of the film, flipped off the villain.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 10:39:55 PM »

That would be "Futureworld," where Peter Fonda, as the hero of the film, flipped off the villain.
Aaahh.  Thanks.  The 70s.  Why were the 70s so horrible then, and so wonderful now...??  Thumbup

ToyMan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2008, 03:39:23 AM »

for some strange reason, i own a "the making of westworld" dvd, but i don't own the film itself. it's one of those super-bare, cheap products, though. it's so sad to see it on the shelf in the store. you just look at it, and you're like "maybe someday, buddy..."

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  WESTWORLD on TCM 10:30 EST TONIGHT !!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.