Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:48:32 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How to Be A Badass! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to Be A Badass!  (Read 16556 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 02, 2008, 10:51:56 PM »

This is an idea that popped into my head one day.  I spent days working on it...  I'll probably even add more to it later on.  Enjoy!

How To Be A Badass

Knowing how to be a badass is probably one of THE most important skill you’ll ever learn.  When you’re a badass, it’ll enable you to live life to the fullest.  You’ll learn how to deal with bad guys, handle the ladies and experience life in a way few men dream of.  So, with that in mind, we present this guide to How To Be A Badass.

The Look

To be a badass, you MUST be attired in the proper clothing.  There’s a variety of things you can wear, each with its own unique statement.  For example, you could go for the simple Every Man look that says, “I’m such a badass, I don’t care HOW I look.”  This usually consists of a white t-shirt, light colored pants, and MAYBE a long, unbuttoned shirt on top.  White is particularly good for showing off all the dirt and sweat you’ll inevitably acquire as you go about doing badass stuff.

Or, you could go with the Dark Rebel look.  This primarily consists of wearing dark clothes ( often made of leather).  Trench coats are good as well.

Next up: stubble.  Very few badasses are ever cleanly shaved.  It’s always good for the image to have several days’ worth of stubble on your chin.  Badasses don’t use razors, unless it’s just enough to prevent a beard from forming. 

Ex-Something or Other

Badasses always have some kind of past, usually they’re ex Police Offices, CIA, DEA, mercenaries, some secret assassins guild, or they used to be part of an elite military force.  This is where you learned most of your awesome skills in kickassery.  In addition, you may have undergone training from some old Asian guy as well. 

The reasons you’re not in whatever organization you used to be affiliated are varied.  Maybe you were valiantly injured in the line of duty and, while you’d do it again, the whole experience has made you bitter.  Maybe you refused to perform an order because it was against your Code (see The Code), or maybe it’s due to the fact that badasses in general don’t play well with others, and tend to have their own way of doing things.  Or, your occupation could have gotten a loved one or innocent bystander killed (because of this, you might have even sworn an oath never to do/use whatever occupation/skill you once had.)  Whatever the reason, you’re now a Lone Wolf, as most badasses are.

Pain

As a badass, you feel pain, but only for a little while.  It’s perfectly okay to grunt or even occasionally yell in pain when you’ve been stabbed, shot, or punched, but note that once the scene-er, I mean, hour, is over, your pain is somehow miraculously gone.  Whatever limp you may have had has disappeared and, of course, badasses never stop what they’re doing for stupid stuff like going to the hospital, or letting a doctor check them over for injuries as long as there’s still bad guys to be killed.  Only after the Main Threat is taken care of can you allow the paramedics to take you away.

Exception: You may wince in pain when a female is applying alcohol or peroxide to your wounds, however, this is mainly done to get a sympathy lay, and not because you’re in actual pain. 

One Liners

All badasses have a dry sense of humor and a stinging wit that allows them to spout off  various sarcastic remarks and one liners, no matter how dire the circumstances.  When things seem their darkest, a true badass never gives into despair or fear, instead they say something witty. 

Example, when in an already hopeless situations and even MORE bad guys show up to finish you off, you’ll smile and say, “This just keeps getting better and better!”

Old Friends and Associates

Badasses often have old friends or associates from “back in the day” who are willing to help you out on occasion, either by giving you information or joining you on whatever mission/quest you’re currently undertaking.  Sometimes these friends are former associates from whatever organization you used to belong to (see Ex-Something Or Other).  While they come in handy, beware!  Badasses often have one friend who’ll betray and subsequently try to kill you for some reason.  This is one of the downsides to being a badass.

Sadness and Grief

A true badass never cries, ever.  The only thing close to tears a badass is allowed is to yell the word, “NO!!” at the top of his lungs while cradling the corpse of his girlfriend, S/O, partner, child, or what have you.  Badasses turn their sadness into anger (or alcoholism), and live by the motto, “I'll cry after I'm done killing!”

The Code

All badasses have some sort of code that they live by.  Some set of morals or guidelines that they use to direct their life.  It may be something chivalrous like, “Protect the weak, never hit a woman”, or it may be something simplistic like, “Shoot first, ask questions later.”  Or it might be something completely obscure and virtually incomprehensible to the common man like, “Never kill someone using products made from animals”, but regardless, all badass have some kind of code. 

NOTE: The code is not exactly the same as Rules.  A lot of badasses have Rules they live by as well, but, more often than not, they end up having to break said rules during the course of whatever bit of trouble has inevitably found them.

Feats of Badassery

Knocking some dude out with one punch.
Falling off a cliff and then sewing up your wounds.
Cauterizing your own wounds.
Killing two or more people with one bullet.
Stabbing and killing someone with a vegetable, icicle, or other non-traditional weapon.
Saying, “Is that all you’ve got?!?” or variation thereof while being tortured.
Taking on a wild, dangerous animal (bear, tiger, lion, etc) armed only with a stick (wooden spears count.)
Taking on a wild, dangerous animal armed only with a knife.
Taking on a wild, dangerous animal with your bare hands.
Tossing a bad guy through a plate glass window. 

Feats of Non-Badassery

Begging for your life.
Begging for sex.
Begging for change.
Pointing out how risky a certain behavior is.
Saying, “How about we let the authorities handle this?”
Saying, “Please don’t hurt me!” and actually meaning it.
Discussing your feelings (other than how p**sed off you are).
Yelling, “Not in the face!” during a fight.
Drinking Perrier.
Taking on a wild, dangerous animal naked (there's a fine line between badass and just plain stupid!)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 02:47:25 PM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 12:07:17 PM »

Great list!  It could be expanded almost infinitely.

For example, did'ja ever notice how badasses NEVER think that the terrorists/Russian mobsters/Colombian drug cartel leaders who are planning to put LSD in Des Moines' water supply or blow up Congress with a dirty bomb are any concern of theirs?  Most of them are DEDICATED PACIFISTS who would rather just stay on their ranch raising ostriches or tending their bonsai trees and NEVER EVEN CONSIDER ventilating bad guys with a 9MM, until the bad guys MAKE IT PERSONAL by abducting their ex-partner on the DAY BEFORE HIS RETIREMENT and performing some gruesome torture on him?   

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 12:38:25 PM »

Real men consider a 9mm a "Girl Gun" and prefer the oldschool .45ACP, IF they use guns at all. Brock "The Swedish Murder Machine" Sampson uses only a knife and his bare hands, and he's the Toughest Mofo on the planet.

http://www.craptasticvoyage.com/video/BFS.avi

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
BTM

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 02:49:43 PM »

Real men consider a 9mm a "Girl Gun" and prefer the oldschool .45ACP, IF they use guns at all. Brock "The Swedish Murder Machine" Sampson uses only a knife and his bare hands, and he's the Toughest Mofo on the planet.

DOH!  That reminds me, I had a segment on guns planned for the article, but I forgot to put it in there!

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 06:33:08 PM »

DOH!  That reminds me, I had a segment on guns planned for the article, but I forgot to put it in there!

Be sure to mention that only wimps reload.  A badass can squeeze exactly as many rounds out of a clip as he needs to kill everyone he wants.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 06:41:25 PM »

Be sure to mention that only wimps reload.  A badass can squeeze exactly as many rounds out of a clip as he needs to kill everyone he wants.

They don't even need to do the initial load, even with a shotgun from a department store!!!

Small | Large

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 05:06:26 PM »

Badasses can forge a broken sword in less than a minuet, aswell as starting fires with sticks.
Also, they can fix anything with chewing gum.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 12:35:05 AM »

I am having a lame moment, please kick me over if I stop breathing.   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 07:47:08 AM »

Smile

I've only ever been a bad-ass once in my life and that was when I punched the high school bully's a$$ out way back in 1981.

Me lover, not fighter.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 08:21:00 AM »

If at one tme or another you had done 7 out of the 10 Feats of Badassery, but had also at one time or another done 7 out of 10 Feats of Non-Badassery, does that make you a wussie badass or a badass wussie?

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
BTM

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 08:31:15 AM »

If at one tme or another you had done 7 out of the 10 Feats of Badassery, but had also at one time or another done 7 out of 10 Feats of Non-Badassery, does that make you a wussie badass or a badass wussie?

Depends if you did the 7 feats of Wussiness (hey, maybe I change it to that...) BEFORE you became a badass, all can be forgiven.  But if you keep alternating between Badass and nonbadass feats then you might schizo...

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 03:03:15 PM »

Dexter Morgan has actually exhibited this kind of "schizo" behaviour, but then Dexter Morgan is a serial killer who likes to see blood.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How to Be A Badass! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.