Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:14:00 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the Most Disturbing Film You've Ever Seen? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: What is the Most Disturbing Film You've Ever Seen?  (Read 24725 times)
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2008, 10:26:30 PM »

Jess Franco's 1980 film The Devil Hunter is often considered to be among the sickest achievements of the Italian "cannibal" film boom.  In the most notorious scene, "the Devil" demonstrates "eating p***y" in a grossly excessive, literal manner.

Yes, it's exactly what you think it is.

I went to Youtube to look for a clip of this film and I found a animation film.   Is it animated??

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Metropolisforever
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2008, 08:25:56 AM »

Jess Franco's 1980 film The Devil Hunter is often considered to be among the sickest achievements of the Italian "cannibal" film boom.  In the most notorious scene, "the Devil" demonstrates "eating p***y" in a grossly excessive, literal manner.

Yes, it's exactly what you think it is.

I went to Youtube to look for a clip of this film and I found a animation film.   Is it animated??

No, Jess Franco's film is not animated.

I think what you saw on YouTube was probably a clip from an anime called Devil Hunter Yohko.
Metropolisforever
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2008, 09:27:12 AM »

Philosophy of a Knife (2008) is considered by many to be an extremely disturbing, nightmarish film, despite its extreme running time of 249 minutes.

While the above film shocks with its extreme length, the short films Broken (1992), Aftermath (1994), and Cutting Moments (1997) are considered by many to be among the most disturbing short films.

Kichiku (1999) is another oft-cited disturbing film, as well as Schramm (1993).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 03:26:04 PM by Metropolisforever » Logged
Fishasaurus
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2008, 05:08:04 PM »

Well, there's good disturbing, and there's bad disturbing.  I have top choices for both categories.

"Good disturbing" would have to be Jacob's Ladder.

"Bad disturbing" would have to be The Last House On The Left.

It takes a child to raze a village. -- Jello Biafra
Metropolisforever
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 07:32:32 PM »

The All Night Long trilogy is another example of "extreme" Japanese cinema, considered by many to be extremely disturbing.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2008, 07:51:01 PM »

I'm a little late to this thread, but I don't believe it's been mentioned yet. The Butterfly Effect. Children get molested, a baby gets blown up, a dog in a sack gets torched. I can watch a lot of things, but I can't stand mistreatment of children or animals. Just an ugly, ugly movie.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 05:37:13 AM »

The new Rambo flick leans alot toward the disturbing zone. I didn't think it was going to be as brutal and gory, even though I love that type of thing - especially when it looks real. People get cut it half by machine gun fire, people get their guts ripped apart, set on fire, bones stick out and a village gets attacked, where one child is held down then shot and another has it's head stamped on!  Smile

VogNhymn
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2008, 01:57:36 PM »

Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom (1975)

Nekromantik 1&2

Schramm

The Burning Moon

The Guinea Pig series (1985-1991)

Men Behind the Sun

Cannibal Holocaust

The House on the Edge of the Park (1980)

The Last House on the Left (1972)

Forced Entry (1973)

Naked Blood

Black Sun:The Nanking Massacre

Philosophy Of A Knife

Captured For Sex 2

The New York Ripper

Irreversible

The Girl Next Door
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »

There was an Indian/Bollywood film that I saw a few years ago that was about the Sri Lankan civil war and featured a scene with a suicide bombing. It was painfully built up with a character shiftily sneaking around behind a military patrol that the main characters were standing next to. There was a horrible inevitability about the ensuing well-staged panic and chaos.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2010, 09:02:05 PM »

While the above film shocks with its extreme length, the short films Broken (1992), Aftermath (1994), and Cutting Moments (1997) are considered by many to be among the most disturbing short films.

I just saw a snippet (hehe) of one of the more infamous scenes in Cutting Moments and all I can say is WOW. Knocked me on my ass. Yes, it was gross, but it was also gutwrenchingly sad. I do however remember reading a brief little plot sysnopsis about it years ago, but I cannot remember where from. If anyone would let me know where I can get a copy of this, please let me know.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Franchescanado
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2010, 06:14:53 PM »

Philosophy of Knife is on Netflix Instant Watch, split into two parts.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the Most Disturbing Film You've Ever Seen? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.