Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:40:22 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mythological Monster NOT seen in movies that you would like to see. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Mythological Monster NOT seen in movies that you would like to see.  (Read 12673 times)
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2008, 10:39:57 PM »

If we're going to exapand the list to include cryptids how about the Mokele-Mbembe from folklore of west-central Africa?  It's described as a "half elephant, half dragon" creature that modern cryptozooligists seem to think may be account of a sauropod, so I suppose technically that would make it a dinosaur, but just imagine the crazy CGI critter a sciffy original movie would give us for this thing!!

Cosmic Cinema - SF articles and reviews.

Mise-en-scene Crypt - Rants, reviews, & more! (10% NSFW)
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 10:23:56 AM »

If we're going to exapand the list to include cryptids how about the Mokele-Mbembe from folklore of west-central Africa?  It's described as a "half elephant, half dragon" creature that modern cryptozooligists seem to think may be account of a sauropod, so I suppose technically that would make it a dinosaur, but just imagine the crazy CGI critter a sciffy original movie would give us for this thing!!

Already been done.  It was called Baby:  Secret of the Lost Legend.  It was an old disney movie where the dinosaurs were played by unconvincing puppets and guys in suits. 

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »

The Mokele-mbembe is too tame.  If we're gonna have a movie about a cryptid, how about the MONGOLIAN DEATH WORM?  Now there would be a cool movie monster!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 11:49:46 AM »

I'm not sure if it has or not but I'd love to see a movie with The Minotaur in it.

I believe there was a Sinbad (or other Harryhausen movie) that had one.

Also "The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" has a Minotaur in it. Actually, he's the leader of the White Queen's army, and he is one bad dude.

The Sinbad movie of which you speak is the GOLDEN VOYAGE of SINBAD...I've fond memories of seeing it at the Strand in the 70's.

Also...if I recall...a 1953 movie called the MAZE involved a large maze...and at the end of it lurked a Minataur! (I saw it as a kid...but my memory is hazy....I AM sure of the Minataur ....I'm pretty sure it's the MAZE (1953). I gotta check it up in some of my old film books.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »

I'm not sure if it has or not but I'd love to see a movie with The Minotaur in it.

Also "The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" has a Minotaur in it. Actually, he's the leader of the White Queen's army, and he is one bad dude.

The Sinbad movie of which you speak is the GOLDEN VOYAGE of SINBAD...I've fond memories of seeing it at the Strand in the 70's.

Small correction:  the Sinbad film with the mechanical minotaur was "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger."  I do not remember any other Harryhausen film with a minotaur.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 01:18:07 PM »

Small correction:  the Sinbad film with the mechanical minotaur was "Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger."  I do not remember any other Harryhausen film with a minotaur.

Of course...you are correct! I'm thinking of the Cenataur!!!!

Small | Large

But...it got me to do so research...and Peter Cushing starred in a little known flik-(by me,at least!) called the DEVIL's MEN...aka the LAND of the MINOTAUR (1976)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074769/combined

Also...and I remember a pic from this in an old FM mag...a peplum type Itailion film...the MINOTAUR (1960).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055518/combined

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »

Already been done.  It was called Baby:  Secret of the Lost Legend.  It was an old disney movie where the dinosaurs were played by unconvincing puppets and guys in suits. 

A Disney film you say?

Never heard of it.

Sadly most creatures of traditional folklore and myth have been thoroughly mined for, if not always well represented by, cinema.    That's why I chose an obscure cryptid.  Sure it's all been done before, but then again no it hasn't.  Same with the story of the Minotaur.  We've seen it, yet we haven't really gotten the full story.  Google Pasiphae and cross referece with Daedelus and/or "white bull".

Sadly given the subject matter we're not likely to see this particular myth brought to life any time soon.  Shame.  There's a excellent Milo Manara graphic novel that would make a great movie adaptation.   Then again I think the same of his GULLIVERA.  TeddyR

Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 06:13:04 PM »

The Mokele-mbembe is too tame.  If we're gonna have a movie about a cryptid, how about the MONGOLIAN DEATH WORM?  Now there would be a cool movie monster!

Alas the MONGOLIAN DEATH WORM has also technically been done.  The movie was called DUNE.   Or was it TREMORS?  Either way those were movies with big f---ing deadly worms!  Wink

But I agree.  A movie specifically about the MONGOLIAN DEATH WORM would be fun.

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2008, 02:17:40 AM »

A Disney film you say?

Never heard of it.

Sadly most creatures of traditional folklore and myth have been thoroughly mined for, if not always well represented by, cinema.    That's why I chose an obscure cryptid.  Sure it's all been done before, but then again no it hasn't.  Same with the story of the Minotaur.  We've seen it, yet we haven't really gotten the full story.  Google Pasiphae and cross referece with Daedelus and/or "white bull".

Sadly given the subject matter we're not likely to see this particular myth brought to life any time soon.  Shame.  There's a excellent Milo Manara graphic novel that would make a great movie adaptation.   Then again I think the same of his GULLIVERA.  TeddyR
[/quote]

Small | Large

Baby

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
onagro
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2008, 11:44:33 AM »

A Disney film you say?

Never heard of it.

This movie is actually quite good for a Disney feature.  Back when it was released, there were some "concerned" parents who were whining not about the machine guns or violence towards the end, but about the tribeswomen's breasts!  Did they want them wearing Victorian Era dresses or something!?!

Anyways, the should make a movie about the water panther or Dohbar-Chu.  Giant killer otters seem like a fun idea.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2008, 12:39:05 PM »

Anyways, the should make a movie about the water panther or Dohbar-Chu.  Giant killer otters seem like a fun idea.

Especially when the giant killer otters grab a person, flip onto their back, and then crack the human's skull open against a rock balanced on the otter's stomach.  Or maybe the giant mutant otters could naturally have armored plates on their stomachs.

I remember seeing "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend" in the theater.  William Katt insinuating a bit of hanky-panky with Sean Young really freaked me out.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
darthchicken
Bad Movie Lover

"If my rhyme was a drug, I'd sell it by the gram"

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2008, 10:00:21 PM »

How about a movie with Drop Bears?

"His coconut gun can fire in spurts. If he shoots ya, it's gonna hurt!" - James Madison
Kester Pelagius
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Not a Time Lord!

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 05:32:11 PM »

Say what now?

Speaking of rare seldom heard of cryptids have cats with wings appeared in any movie?  I've always been fascinated by those reports.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 05:34:47 PM by Kester Pelagius » Logged

Raffine

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 06:34:01 PM »

Say what now?

Speaking of rare seldom heard of cryptids have cats with wings appeared in any movie?  I've always been fascinated by those reports.

Yep, occasionally I'll see a news report about a winged cat - doubters usually try to explain it away with some nonsense about "matted fur".

My vote for a cryptid in need of some movie exposure is De Loy's Ape (Ameranthropoides loysi), supposedly a South American great ape. It's certainly NOT a spider monkey with its tail hidden.

When explorer François de Loys came upon a couple of these creatures roaming the jungles of Columbia the apes responded by flinging feces at him. Typical.  Lookingup

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 06:40:11 PM »

I wondered about drop bears too...so I looked it up....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mythological Monster NOT seen in movies that you would like to see. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.