Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:20:02 AM
713348 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  These Balls are Swinging « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: These Balls are Swinging  (Read 7355 times)
Menard
« on: October 10, 2008, 07:18:40 AM »

Several years ago, one of our local TV lawyers ran a series of commercials, largely targeted at car wreck victims, in which he used the nickname 'The Hammer'.

In a strange move, a competing lawyer decided to run a commercial using his own nickname of 'The Iron Fist'.

I had humorously thought that it would have been great to do a parody commercial for a lawyer that called himself 'The Wrecking Balls of Justice'. TeddyR

Kind of curious as to what nicknames, or other ridiculous antics, TV lawyers in your locale have used.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 01:16:24 PM »

I've been looking for a nickname: may I use "the wrecking balls of justice"?

My lawyer friend's suggestion was to nickname myself "Candyman", always wear brightly colored striped suits, suck on a lollipop, and give out candy to kids. 

In Vegas we had Glen Lerner, "The Heavy Hitter."  He was a former college tight end, a big and imposing guy.  Here in Louisville, we also have a "Heavy Hitter", only this one is a big fat tub of lard.  I believe there is a "Heavy Hitter" in every state; the nickname is franchised.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 03:54:08 PM »

There's a small law office nearby my house called Boyle, Flagg, and Seamen.  THey don't need any nicknames.  BounceGiggle

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Menard
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 06:54:39 PM »

I've been looking for a nickname: may I use "the wrecking balls of justice"?

My lawyer friend's suggestion was to nickname myself "Candyman", always wear brightly colored striped suits, suck on a lollipop, and give out candy to kids. 

In Vegas we had Glen Lerner, "The Heavy Hitter."  He was a former college tight end, a big and imposing guy.  Here in Louisville, we also have a "Heavy Hitter", only this one is a big fat tub of lard.  I believe there is a "Heavy Hitter" in every state; the nickname is franchised.

Feel free to use 'The Wrecking Balls of Justice'...and please don't associate my name with it. TongueOut

We have a heavy hitter here in Lexington area too; I wonder if he's the same tub of lard. He's the same one who went by 'The Hammer'. TeddyR
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 12:39:18 PM »

Is it this guy? http://www.isaacsandisaacs.com/  Since I joined the bar, he is my distinguished colleague; formerly he was a tub of lard.

I'm pretty sure there is only supposed be one heavy hitter per state.  An ad agency claims to own the trademark on the name.  I know of a heavy hitter in KY, NV, TN and NY.

Although, on the other side of the issue, Glen Lerner got in trouble with the NV bar for calling himself "the" heavy hitter; they told him he could only call himself "a" heavy hitter, because he couldn't claim to be the only heavy hitter in the state.  Lerner then filed a lawsuit against the state bar (no joke; he's represented by one of my old bosses).     

Maybe you should register the "wrecking ball" trademark.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Menard
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 02:10:14 PM »

Yes, it is Darryl; and all he has to do the prove that he is 'The' one and only 'Heavy Hitter' is show up (and he started the joke, of all people).
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 08:51:02 PM »

I can't think of any lawyers with nicknames around here. The image projected in the Yellow Pages advertising seems to be more one of competence and professionalism, although firms that specialize in family law or accidents can run ads that I think are pretty tasteless.

However, when I was first covering criminal court, I assigned nicknames to all the lawyers in my notes, until I could remember the names of the regulars. The names were based on attire and grooming habits, and actually covered quite a cross-section of lawyer stereotypes. Needless to say, these names in no way reflected their actual personalities.

The defence attorneys included:

The Slickster: Tailored three-piece suit, colourful but tasteful tie, slicked-back hair slightly longish in back.
Karl Marx: Needs no description.
Hippy Lady: Ditto
The Professor: Older gentleman with glasses, kind of scholarly looking. Disheveled, but in that more-important-things-on-my-mind sort of way. Old jacket and slacks, untamed grey hair.
Baby Face: Again, no description needed.

The Crown attorneys included:

The Bureaucrat: Neat, clean and conservative. Short hair, clean shaven, in a dark suit that looks expensive but boring.
The Detective: Not as clean-cut as the Bureaucrat. Cheaper clothes, reminiscent of a plainclothes TV cop.
The Country Lawyer: Light coloured suit with an old-fashioned bowtie. I'd have called him Matlock, but he's too young.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  These Balls are Swinging « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.