Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:16:44 AM
714308 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Badness can't you tolerate? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What Badness can't you tolerate?  (Read 10676 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2008, 08:34:22 AM »

I have to say a boring movie is the hardest to stand.  A movie doesn't always have to focus on the monster all the time.  Some movies I'd forgotten how little the monster was focused on like Critters

The dreaded "Too-Dark-To-See" scenes get awfully tiring fast, too. 

Critters, now there's a boring film!

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »

Hmm seems to me most of what's been mentioned is often key aspects I expect from B-movies. The problem is in the execution I feel...when it isn't done convincingly, that's where trouble lies. The thing I loathe is CGI, especially poor cheaply done CGI. I'm just not convinced that your animated monster is anything more than a two dimensional drawing.......sorry! A guy in a suit with a visible zipper I actually find more convincing! Movies shouldn't look like video games IMO.
I agree! CGI sucks.

As far as techno babble....I can listen to John Carridine spout techno gibberish all day.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2008, 08:59:08 AM »

I hate if the movie is boring. Fright night is a perfect example fo that. It's a monster movie, and we only see the monster for about 2 minutes IN THE WHOLE FILM. Nothing happens, just retarded characters talking about stuff that nobody cares about.

What?!?!? I gotta take time out to go off on something of a rant here; Jerry turns vampire for at least a very memorable 15 minutes, and proves a menacing, and cool as hell villain for a good chunk of the rest. Not to mention the other villains; the incredible melting henchman and the gruesomely transformed Evil Ed! The film is far from boring, most of it is plotting, but there is a good atmosphere kept up, and the characters are not effing retarded! (Well, not in a bad way) Charlie is a cool nerd type, Amy is great as the mousey girl next door, Peter Vincent is an extremely memorable hunter, in fact, everyone down to the one-scene detective is memorable!

No, no, no, no no. I'm talking about this Fright Night:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062036/ (aka. Night Fright)
I haven't seen the  Fright night you are talking about. Sorry for not including an IMDB link in my earlier post
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2008, 09:15:39 AM »

Zombie Lake, could not tolerate it. I had such high hopes, how could a zombie movie no little to no production values, bad acting, bad spfx, filled with naked chicks still be so boring.
Captain Tars Tarkas
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 11:58:01 AM »

Boring sex scenes.  That would be most of Seduction Cinema, and many 1970's Eurohorror movies (some of these have the added horror of hideous actors and actresses)

And padding with walking or anything else boring.  If you can't write a script for 70 minutes of action, you shouldn't be making films.  Go stuff pillows instead.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2008, 02:00:08 PM »

The dreaded "Too-Dark-To-See" scenes get awfully tiring fast, too. 

agreed. what's the point in squinting to vaguely make out some monster fight scene that probably cost 1000s of bucks to create and was meticulously choreographed by the director, if it takes place in zero lighting? makes no sense. I find that 'trendy' newer horrors are most guilty of this....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 02:03:11 PM by DCA » Logged

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2008, 02:45:33 PM »

Boredom obviously, But I also hate it when a movie goes to far trying to express the importance of a situation, or goes unrealistically out of it's way to explain something. It reminds me of the cartoon "Speed Racer". . ."If we do not defuse this bomb it will destroy the dam and cause a flood that will kill thousands of people that live downstream by washing them all out into the ocean where they will drownd or be eaten by the sharks that inhabit the waters nearby"

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2008, 03:02:11 PM »

As long as its not BOOORRRIINGG, i will watch ANY b-movie.

Cheezy 2-d props? Bring it on!

Actors who cant act? The more the marrier!

Over the top gore and sex? Pile it on, my friend!

Horrible dubing and editing? How could I resist??

But if the movie is BORING, I cant watch it. That was my problem with THE STUFF, PARENTS, STAR ODDESEY, and several others.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2008, 07:48:13 PM »

I hate if the movie is boring. Fright night is a perfect example fo that. It's a monster movie, and we only see the monster for about 2 minutes IN THE WHOLE FILM. Nothing happens, just retarded characters talking about stuff that nobody cares about.

What?!?!? I gotta take time out to go off on something of a rant here; Jerry turns vampire for at least a very memorable 15 minutes, and proves a menacing, and cool as hell villain for a good chunk of the rest. Not to mention the other villains; the incredible melting henchman and the gruesomely transformed Evil Ed! The film is far from boring, most of it is plotting, but there is a good atmosphere kept up, and the characters are not effing retarded! (Well, not in a bad way) Charlie is a cool nerd type, Amy is great as the mousey girl next door, Peter Vincent is an extremely memorable hunter, in fact, everyone down to the one-scene detective is memorable!

No, no, no, no no. I'm talking about this Fright Night:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062036/ (aka. Night Fright)
I haven't seen the  Fright night you are talking about. Sorry for not including an IMDB link in my earlier post

I just reviewed this...90% Sheriff's office looking for somethign 8% college kids talking about their boring lives and 2% monster involvement.  100% suck

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2008, 07:55:12 PM »

Bad comedy.  I can laugh at a bad science fiction movie, but trying to brute force my way through watching a bad comedy is painful.

Agreed on the boring part.  When I get stuck watching a boring film I start praying that one of the actors will go overboard with their performance, a terrible rubber monster will appear, or something - just about anything - will happen.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2008, 09:14:14 PM »

6.) Box art that misrepresents anything going on in the film.
agreed. the one that springs to mind for me is this sleeve for LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT

makes it look like some kind of spooky ghost movie with a haunted house?!?!?
UGH!!!  The dirty ratbastards!!  Why don't they put a "sexy," "violent" cover on?   Y'know something truly lurid.  The film might then find more of its audience.   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2008, 06:23:34 AM »

lol, there's even a ghostly skull in the top left corner. the film has no supernatural element at all  Question

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2008, 07:13:06 AM »

Another thing I can't stand is what I call MTV style editing.  They use this a lot during fight scenes, throwing in a ton a fast cuts so you can't really tell what's going on.  Really awful film makers use it throughout the movie.  The god-awful "Death Tunnel" is probably the epitome of this rubbish.  Another thing I hate is when they do stuff like having a van driving down a road, they'll fast-forward it a ways, then back to normal speed.  Any stinkin' thing they can think of, they'll throw some editing gimmick on it.  Like some hyperactive nine year old got to play with the editing equipment.  A lot of jump scares fall into this category as well - take a movie that isn't the least bit scary, then flash a scary image on the screen accompanied by a loud noise.  It's about as scary - and annoying - as having someone repeatedly sneak up behind you and yell boo!

Then there's the overuse of "artistic" style effects, like playing with the colors and contrast, etc.  Sasquatch Mountain is a prime example, that whole movie is extremely grainy and the colors are very washed out.  It looks hideous, like a worn out VHS tape.  Or in Dead Man Walking, the picture will be normal, then suddenly all the colors are shifted towards red, the contrast is way weird, etc.  If used with moderation, this stuff can add a mood to a movie.  Used without moderation it's just horrible.  And I don't even want to see one of these new movies where the film makers intentionally add print damage and all this other crap to make it look old.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2008, 09:12:59 AM »

Bad comedy.  I can laugh at a bad science fiction movie, but trying to brute force my way through watching a bad comedy is painful.

Try watching Comedy Central durring the morning or day, they seem to have an endless catalog of unfunny 'comedy' movies. The other day I saw Meatballs 2, I watched it as a kid but today, pain, pure pain.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2008, 12:02:25 PM »

Farting in movies.  Its not funny any more. I'm looking at you Troma and Mike Myers films. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What Badness can't you tolerate? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.