Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:24:11 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds  (Read 5367 times)
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« on: October 07, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »

!!! WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

Oh... my... dear..... God.  :o For those of you who have seen the first "Feast," you may be partially prepared for this insane sequel. For everyone else... I really hope you're not squeamish.

"Feast 2" picks up right after the events of the first film. The survivors get away from their monstrous attackers but those mysterious beasties follow their trail and invade a small town with amazingly gory results. After the town is basically wiped out, an all girl gang of bikers (friends of "Harley Mom" from the previous flick) show up, looking to avenge their "sister's" demise.

Then things get totally f*cked up as cats get raped, people get devoured, and midget luchadores battle over the fate of their melting grandma.

And if that isn't enough, there is one particular scene in the film that starts out hilarious and ends up becoming one of the most shocking and horrifying moments in film history. Seriously, this one moment will make or break the movie for you... it's that bad.

John Gulager's "Feast 2" is comparable only to "Evil Dead II" if only because of the strange camera angles and techniques used, as well as the copious amounts of gore and bodily fluid that are splashed across the screen. There's a lot of humorous moments (the one midget luchadore in the film has the biggest wang you will ever see!  ;D), tons of blood, boobs, and gore, and you finally get a good look at the rampaging monsters, who seem to ultimately win out in the end.

"Feast 2" is now available on DVD from Dimension EXTREME and as I stated earlier, is not for the faint of heart. (Finally, a movie that lives up to the "Extreme" moniker.) Word has it that Gulager is doing a third "Feast" and I sincerely hope he doesn't pull any of the punches, though I don't know how John can make a third entry that outdoes the previous two.

Has anyone else here, seen this bad boy yet?

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 12:36:51 PM »

I enjoyed the first Feast a great deal. Much more than I thought I was going to.  It was one of the most enjoyable and demented horror comedies that I had seen in quite some time.

The sequel looks to be just as fun and I'm planning on picking it up on DVD sometime this week.  I'll post my thoughts on it once I do.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
wickednick
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 07:57:11 AM »

Just watched this movie like a hour ago, and it was bad ass. Truly one of the most brutal movies I have ever seen. I mean they killed baby for god sakes thats freaking brutal. I agree that this movie compares to Evil Dead 2 in its insane use of gore.
Torgo

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:50:58 PM »

Didn't like it as much as the first but it was still pretty enjoyable though it takes a little bit to really get rolling.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Eric45
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 02:11:42 PM »

I didn't like this one as much as the first.  The shaky camera editting seemed worse (possibly because more of it was filmed in the day.), and I thought they dragged out the punchlines too much.  For example, in the baby scene was dragged out too long, by the end I was "Get on with it already!".

Still, very enthusiastic gore.

Suggested change for the baby scene.  Have the baby flip the camera off just before the end of it.
Rumblestealskins
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 11:47:42 AM »

Very Houmorous. This Genre needs more of this style of film. Its defintley only getting bigger.
Jim H

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 02:00:01 PM »

I was disappointed.  Had some good moments, especially in the first third, but it doesn't really go anywhere.  On the whole, I just enjoyed the first quite a bit more.  The biggest thing for me was probably that the humor didn't work as well. 
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 06:39:52 PM »

Two words for this one:

SPLATTER FEST!!!!!!!!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 06:24:17 PM »

Bringing this thread back from the dead, since I recently watched the movie.

I did not like it.  SPOILERS AHEAD.

The storytelling was broken and ragged, which made it seem like the script had a hard time delivering a coherent story.  Each scene was a flash in the pan.  However, my biggest complaint is that the movie was plain mean.  "Feast II" was trying to be almost-too-vicious-but-funny like Feast was; unfortunately, they got the too vicious part right while usually missing funny.  The scene with the baby almost had it, until they showed the baby's lifeless body bleeding out onto the pavement, gave you enough time to really look at it, and then had a creature bite into the body.  I was getting frustrated by freakish random deaths by the end of the movie.  It seemed like any time an object was turned into a projectile somebody was going to die.

It did have some moments, like the two midget wrestlers (one very nekkid) running away from the monsters and when they finally had the two biker women sans tops for no reason at all.

Overall, I felt like they were trying to combine the first "Feast" with a Tarantino film and one of the "Final Destination" movies.

Lessons learned:

Penis and pendulum both begin with "P."
Autopsies should only be performed by trained professionals.
The good thing about being doused with urine is that it dries instantly.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:33:12 AM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
violntshags
Bad Movie Lover

flist@flistpodcast.com

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 05:48:55 PM »

!!! WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

"Feast 2" picks up right after the events of the first film.
there is a part 3 as well, incase you didnt know
Jim H

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 03:17:58 AM »

Each scene was a flash in the pan.

I think that's a really good way of summing the movie up, actually. 

The best scene in the film is Clu Galagher beating ass, BTW.

On another note, I hear the third is an improvement.  Anyone see it yet?
3mnkids

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 08:27:01 AM »

I dont know if I would say it was an improvement.  TeddyR   I have seen all 3 and IMO the first one is the best, the second one is definitely watchable(the baby is a little much) and the third one is my least fav..(the prophet guy is funny)if you like the first two you would probably like this one. 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Jim H

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 01:56:10 PM »

I dont know if I would say it was an improvement.  TeddyR   I have seen all 3 and IMO the first one is the best, the second one is definitely watchable(the baby is a little much) and the third one is my least fav..(the prophet guy is funny)if you like the first two you would probably like this one. 

Yeah, that's the thing.   I enjoyed the first one and really didn't like the second.  I'll probably get to the third eventually though.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Feast 2: Sloppy Seconds « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.