Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:53:11 AM
714337 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OCTOBER SCARY MOVIE MARATHON « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OCTOBER SCARY MOVIE MARATHON  (Read 5105 times)
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« on: October 08, 2008, 02:57:34 PM »

Ive been watching a scary movie for every night of October, just like last year.

The list so far is as follows:

MANIAC Thumbup

PARENTS Thumbdown

PROM NIGHT (1980) ......eh.

NOSFERATU .....I fell asleep.

CREEPSHOW  Thumbup Smile Thumbup

JASON GOES TO HELL  Thumbdown (yea. He goes to hell for the last 30 seconds of the movie.)

EVIL DEAD 2  Thumbup

NIGHTBREED  Thumbup

FREDDY VS. JASON  Thumbup I'm being generous with the thumbs up, because it had some really awful moments, but it made up for it with some good moments and the fact that its not as bad as Jason goes to Hell.

PUPPET MASTER: ....I dunno. Had cool puppet parts, but they were few and far between.

THE LAST HORROR MOVIE  Thumbup

Friday the 13th part 3  Thumbup

The Howling 3 .....eh.

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE  Thumbup Thumbup

THE SHINING

THE LAST HOUSE IN THE WOODS  Thumbdown

So there it is so far. Some WROKD. Some SUKD. Some were in between.
Ill post more up as I watch them. HAPPY OCTOBER!!

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 10:35:25 AM by KYGOTC » Logged

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:11:54 PM »

JASON GOES TO HELL  Thumbdown (yea. He goes to hell for the last 30 seconds of the movie.)

So there it is so far. Some WROKD. Some SUKD. Some were in between.
Ill post more up as I watch them. HAPPY OCTOBER!!

Jason Goes to Hell is the only "Friday" movie I can't get interested in.  I have all the others on dvd.

I love October, cause all the networks start showing horror flicks.  I love when a network like Turner Classics shows stuff like Freaks, The Wolf Man, and all the other classics.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 07:23:29 PM »

For T.V. stations this is Shocktober, for me it's Schlocktober The Howling and Night of the Living Dead are On Demand right now and you can bet I'll be watching them.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:19:43 AM »

I think I started watching Halloween movies way back in September.  Really in the mood for it this year I guess.  I've been writing little summaries of a lot of movies over in the "recent viewings" thread if anyone's interested.  I figured I'd start early because as the actual day approaches, I'll want to check out a lot of the the stuff that AMC and TCM are showing.  Some good stuff to set the DVD recorder to get a 2:00 am.   I've been looking for some good, obscure '80s slashers to check out, but I think I'm getting into the comedy/horror crap at this point.  Think I'll order "The Ring", I still haven't seen that.  Friday I'll probably watch the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, just got it on DVD and I love that movie.  And maybe "Incubus", some Tara Reid horror movie that's supposedly at least okay.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Hammock Rider

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 08:44:26 AM »

Is it just me or is there something about watching a scary movie marathon that "naturally occurs" on TV that adds a special element to the viewing? Maybe it's because when I was a kid there were no DVDs or VHS and lucking into a marathon was a rare thing.

I've never been into the slasher movies but I caught The Burning last week with Jason Alexander of all people and the FX of Tom Savini and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't great but it was much better than I expected. So this October I'm searching out some good slashers, in addition to the usual monster stuff.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
KYGOTC

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 09:39:24 AM »

I think I started watching Halloween movies way back in September.  Really in the mood for it this year I guess.  I've been writing little summaries of a lot of movies over in the "recent viewings" thread if anyone's interested.  I figured I'd start early because as the actual day approaches, I'll want to check out a lot of the the stuff that AMC and TCM are showing.  Some good stuff to set the DVD recorder to get a 2:00 am.   I've been looking for some good, obscure '80s slashers to check out, but I think I'm getting into the comedy/horror crap at this point.  Think I'll order "The Ring", I still haven't seen that.  Friday I'll probably watch the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, just got it on DVD and I love that movie.  And maybe "Incubus", some Tara Reid horror movie that's supposedly at least okay.

THE RING sucks donkey dong. Go see it if you must, but consider this fair warning.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 01:19:12 PM »

LOL, they've got it for one cent used (+2.98 shipping) at Amazon, I figured I wasn't taking too much of a risk.   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
peter johnson

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 05:42:21 PM »

I think the original Japanese versions need to be seen of things like "The Ring", and then see where the American versions either screw it up or improve on it -- "Ringu" is actually quite a good little horror film, but overexposure to the central conceits of the film may put people off -- It's hard to pretend you're seeing something for the first time, but I'd say give it a whirl --

Oh, please give "Nosferatu" another try & stay awake -- And be sure you're watching a good print of it.  If you're watching a washed-out, overly white, bled-out copy, then you're not getting the impact.  Also check out Werner Herzog's color remake of it, with Klaus Kinski, for a twist on the original ending.  Ditto "Shadow of the Vampire", with Willem DeFoe as Max Schrenk and John Malkovich as the director:  It's a fictional re-telling of the making of "Nosferatu", with the convention that Max Schrenk, the actor in "Nosferatu", was a real vampire(!).  It's a hoot & a holler . . .

Totally agree that there's a certain coolness factor about coming across a weirdie film or a good horror film on TV, the more accidental the better.  I don't get cable, and our local TV guides are frequently wrong, so you have a good chance that TV Roulette will pull up something unexpected -- especially in October!!

peter johnson/denny i loves me some scary-ass pictures!!

I have no idea what this means.
Mark19435
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »

I will have horror nights everynight of the year pretty much but for the last month of October it's always "Vincent Price" WEEK!
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 09:59:50 PM »

I loved Shadow of the Vampire.  I made my wife watch parts of it with me.  To this day I can still let out a sporadic "Murnau" and she gets mad at me all over again.
Dafoe and Malkovich are great together!

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2008, 11:39:52 PM »

KYGOTC:  "THE RING sucks donkey dong. Go see it if you must, but consider this fair warning."

Proof that intelligent people can have widely varying tastes . . . THE RING remains for me one of the most disturbing and genuinely spooky films I have ever seen.  Nothing I've watched since has creeped me out that badly, and I've seen a LOT of horror movies since then.

The only other recent film that messed with my head that much was JEEPERS CREEPERS.

But hey, different strokes for different folks.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 06:57:16 AM »

KYGOTC:  "THE RING sucks donkey dong. Go see it if you must, but consider this fair warning."

Proof that intelligent people can have widely varying tastes . . . THE RING remains for me one of the most disturbing and genuinely spooky films I have ever seen.  Nothing I've watched since has creeped me out that badly, and I've seen a LOT of horror movies since then.

The only other recent film that messed with my head that much was JEEPERS CREEPERS.

But hey, different strokes for different folks.

He means the remakes right?

I also thought Jeepers Creepers was the last decent modern horror film.  Thumbup

peter johnson

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 01:38:21 PM »

Just to be clear, I DO like the American remake of "Ringu", just not as much as the original Japanese version.  No, I don't believe all remakes are automatically inferior

Also, I quite like the idea of "Vincent Price Week" -- maybe as a national holiday?

peter johnson/denny remake

I have no idea what this means.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 09:50:05 PM »

Just to be clear, I DO like the American remake of "Ringu", just not as much as the original Japanese version.  No, I don't believe all remakes are automatically inferior

Also, I quite like the idea of "Vincent Price Week" -- maybe as a national holiday?

peter johnson/denny remake
I wouldn't say "automatically' but some of them are questionable.  I mean, The Grudge blew monkey chunks of the highest order.  Then there's the Jessica Alba one, I think it's called The Eye or something like that.  Terrible.

I didn't mind The Ring, as I felt it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as great as people made it out to be.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
KYGOTC

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2008, 08:26:25 AM »

I think im done with Friday the 13th movies until they come out with uncut versions of them. Its just too easy to tell that theyve been cut. especialy part 7.

the New Line fridays have uncut dvd releases, but not the Paramount ones, which is a shame, because the paramount ones are better in my opinion. I would think that scince Friday the 13th has such a HUGE fanbase that they would put out a big ol' special edition of the films with all sorts of extra bells and whistles, but they havent.

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OCTOBER SCARY MOVIE MARATHON « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.