Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:07:02 AM
714208 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  MTG: Magic the Gathering « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MTG: Magic the Gathering  (Read 5458 times)
frodo
« on: October 10, 2008, 06:06:03 AM »

Does anyone here play Magic the Gathering?

Anyone who likes horror movies will probably like it. It's a card game.

The horror movie connection is really present in some of the character artwork.

The game is kind of addicting.
VenominOhio
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 08:18:20 AM »

i used to play,but now only collect the cards. it is a addicting game and as far as i know they don`t really edit or censor their cards like that kiddie yugioh crap.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:09:19 AM »

I've been playing Magic since 1995 or '96.  Haven't played it much lately.  Still have all my old cards, though.

I make my own B-movie Magic cards.  I've posted them here on this site.  Check out both links below to see them:

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,121276.0.html

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.php/topic,117224.0.html

(some of them may not show up on the page...I've gotta fix that)
Patient7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 04:19:48 PM »

There was akid in this drawing class I took a while ago that would not shut up about them, I figured as little possible connection with this guy was a good thing so I never played it and probably never will.  Seriously that kid got really annoying really fast.  On a side not that drawing class was a waste of money, I could sit and draw at home for free and spare the humiliation of other people seeing it and getting no comment, instead my parents spend hard earned money for me to get p**sed.

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
frodo
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »

I think you got to play Magic, The Gathering. Anyone reading this post should start playing. I am a depressed guy, and this really got me out of my depression. Especially if you have 2 or 3 friends to stop by and play all the time. You can build as many customized decks as you want, and it's almost the same kind of rush as collecting all the dvds you wanted to. Good game.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 05:00:34 PM »

Only rarely play it. I see serious investment companies are recommending against putting money into the parent company due to their habit of alienating their customer base. Still got all my old cards going back to the 90s but when we saw the prices had gone up to around £50 for a pack, we decided not to buy any more.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 05:31:54 PM »

Possibly the greatest card game ever invented. Old Maid, Go Fish, Rummy, and Devil Take a Gyspy are fun, but MTG is legendary. I've played hundreds of duels, including a lot lately with Dizzie, who is a better player at fourteen than I am at, um, you know, twenty-nine. I was just making a tri-color deck in my head today that'd have red direct damage, white healing, and blue cancels, built around some flyers in the form of angels that are immune to damage from a black mana source. (Diz plays black a lot these days.)

Yeah, brilliant game, but be careful, it'll addict you and drink up your time and money and might leave you obsessed to the point you spend your time planning tri-colored decks...

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 02:15:15 PM »

Dizzie and I been thinking of designing our own decks, for the fun of it and actually printing them off. (Hasbro, don't sue!) I been thinking Viking theme, Daisy won't divulge her proposed design.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2023, 01:01:40 PM »

Decided I am going to buy a storage unit designed for Magic cards and save them from being buried at the bottom of my wardrobe between my pirates treasure chest and my DVD binders.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2023, 01:47:28 PM »

I don't plan to buy the new LOTR release, do you?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2023, 01:49:24 PM »

No. At £50 for a pack of cards, I dropped out of buying new cards a while ago.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2023, 03:01:19 PM »

Tho I wouldn't mind finding The One Ring card that has a $2,000,000.00 bounty on it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2023, 03:09:56 PM »

Tho I wouldn't mind finding The One Ring card that has a $2,000,000.00 bounty on it.

Nice try by Sauron there to get it back.  BounceGiggle

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2023, 10:17:57 AM »

Nice try by Sauron there to get it back.  BounceGiggle

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2023, 02:56:29 PM »

I've a hankering to construct a deck that is 75% mountains and 25% direct damage. I'll call it "The Off-p**ser."

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  MTG: Magic the Gathering « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.