Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:47:58 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  David Zucker's Pathetic Reaction to Box Office Bomb « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: David Zucker's Pathetic Reaction to Box Office Bomb  (Read 23184 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 03:23:10 AM »

Here's a zombie dog

Terf
Bad Movie Lover

I wish I could be as popular as you think you are.

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2008, 12:48:32 AM »

Here's a zombie dog

That is the epitome of an ugly-ass dog.

I believe I saw him in at least one screamer.  Lookingup

Things could be worse; you could be twins.
CheezeFlixz
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2008, 06:29:19 PM »

I found it really funny, but I find funnier and sad is the amount of energy liberals put into destroying all things conservative.

The left has more than there fair share of movies, the right gets ONE and it must be destroyed ... truly pathetic.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2008, 06:41:30 PM »

I agree, Cheeze. Republicans get plenty of cheap shots from comedians and nobody says a word. I'm Canadian, so I don't really care, but as a matter of principle, this should be no worse.

Argh, what am I doing?

That's better.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2008, 07:19:15 PM »

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2008, 07:28:28 PM »

Heres a little something for you all...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2008, 07:40:03 PM »

Oh, I never mentioned what happened to my dog the other night. I let him out for a pee at bedtime, and he promptly dove after a small animal that was lurking around the side of our house in the dark - a small, black, furry animal with a white stripe down its back. I didn't actually see it, but I didn't need to. Needless to say, the thing sprayed, and just about gagged me standing on the porch, yanking on the leash. I had Briar on the Flexi, thank goodness, so I was a good distance away.

Thankfully, the skunk's aim was a little off (caught by surprise, it probably opted for a wide spray and a quick getaway), but some of it caught Briar. I bedded the poor guy down in the garage overnight. I scrubbed him with peroxide and baking soda in the morning and hosed him down. All of this was made even more unpleasant for him by unseasonably freezing cold weather. He still has a faint skunky smell, but it's faint enough that he can sleep in our bedroom.

I think I'm going to put in a light over in that part of the yard.

---------------------
Metropolisforever
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2008, 08:29:23 AM »

You're right, I was out of line with the KKK thing.  However, Scott123 is being very immature with his CONSTANT changing of my karma.
BTM

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2008, 10:40:34 AM »

He still has a faint skunky smell, but it's faint enough that he can sleep in our bedroom.

Hey, William Shatner had a similar problem both with one of his dogs, and being sprayed by a skunk once himself.  He said the thing to do was use tomato sauce, it does a good job getting rid of the smell.  (Course, then your dog will smell like Italian cuisine, but hey, that's better than the other thing, right?)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Metropolisforever
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2008, 10:54:02 AM »

By the way, here's a cat, for a change:

Wink
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:56:20 AM by Metropolisforever » Logged
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2008, 11:02:05 AM »

Here's the latest fashion...

Raffine

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2008, 11:02:15 AM »

He still has a faint skunky smell, but it's faint enough that he can sleep in our bedroom.

Hey, William Shatner had a similar problem both with one of his dogs, and being sprayed by a skunk once himself.  He said the thing to do was use tomato sauce, it does a good job getting rid of the smell.  (Course, then your dog will smell like Italian cuisine, but hey, that's better than the other thing, right?)

Having four dogs that have had several adventures with skunks (They are slow learners. Thank goodness we don't have porcupines!) I can say the best remedy is simple white vinegar.  Fill a spray bottle with white vinegar and spray the stinkin' mutt until its coat is wet. As it dries the vinegar odor dissappears as well.

It pretty much kills the odor instantly and you don't have to rise it out of the dog's fur.  It's not nearly as objectionable to the dog as the peroxide and tomato juice and, having tried all three methods, I can say it it by far the most effective. I keep a spray bottle of white vinegar handy at all times just for emergencies.

I see your cat hat and raise you -
CAT WIGS
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 11:06:10 AM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Flangepart

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2008, 11:43:39 AM »

Each cat looks like its planning revenge for embarrassment. Beware!

I can't help think, that if the same gags were used, but attached to the 'correct targets', more reviews would give it a pass. I've seen reviews where mentioning the politically correct theme of the film was important to the reviewer.
Passes were given for haveing the 'proper' view.
Mind you, Right leaning critices will do the same thing, but they stand out for being on of 'them', as it were.
The 'normal' guys...not so much. Least not among their peers.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
peter johnson

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 11:03:41 AM »

I don't do political or sociological discussion well on boards, so I tend not to open what I know will be politically charged threads.  I wonder what it is about the internet that makes me degenerate so quickly into insults and name-calling?  I used to be able to write measured, well-thought-out letters to the editor & articles for small publications, but get me in an internet thread about society and politics, and I quickly take offense & start offending others . . . someone needs to study this phenomena. 

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that this one is trying to leaven things with the dog and cat pictures.  It's hard to take your own positions too seriously when surrounded by pets.  Especially cats in wigs . . .

I believe the original Quizno's "rats" from rathergood were cobbled together from Madagascarian lemurs -- particularly the Ai-ai.  Everyone sing now:  "We love the moon . . .".

My cats sleep in the garage & don't even move when the skunks and raccoons come in to eat their food.  I know because I've shone flashlights out there on noises & "startled" them all on more than one occasion -- I put "startled" in quotes, because the skunks never spray, they just look into the flashlight & slowly waddle out the door.  The cats are more bothered by the flashlight than they are bothered by their suburban neighbors.  Maybe it's the laid-back rural lifestyle of Longmont that breeds them that way.

I think it's possible to do a film that makes fun of both Left and Right politics as well as liberal and conservative points of view, Communism and Capitalism, all at the same time:  Anyone ever see James Cagney in "One. . . Two . . . Three"?  Patriots and Fellow-Travelers alike are all shown to be Emperors with no clothes & human clowns.  Anthony Perkins is especially funny as an ineffective wanna-be leftist "revolutionary".  I want another movie like that one, that takes its shots at everyone and everything surrounding the "serious" human endeavour of politics and social reform.  Make fun of what I believe in all you like, but plleeeeaaaassseeee make it FUNNY!!

peter groucho marx/denny john lennon

I have no idea what this means.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2008, 11:44:23 PM »

Oh, further to the skunk story, the little fellow was back last weekend. This time, I walked out the door after dark, on my way to the store, and I heard some rustling beside the porch. I froze, and once my eyes adjusted, there was just enough light from the basement window to make him out. The shape was still a little obscure, but that double white stripe popped right out. What surprised me most was that it was shortly before eight o'clock, not late at all.

I just stood there and watched him do that little skunk waddle over to the detached garage and start trying to drag away a small bag of car garbage (mostly food wrappers and coffee cups) that had been placed next to the garage but not actually put inside. It was this bad habit that most likely brought him around the previous time. I have to admit that skunks are fun to watch, even if this one was scattering cups and wrappers across my lawn. I wasn't about to chase him off anyway, since he already demonstrated his quick draw on the dog.

The only real problem was that he was between me and the vehicles, and very close to the driver's door of the van. I ended up walking to the store, which took a little longer, but also improved the odds that the little bugger would be gone when I returned. He was, and there has been no garbage out there since, so he hasn't been back. Once again, our only wild animal is Strawberry the chipmunk, who has a burrow under the garage steps. We've made him sort of an honorary pet. He's very tame.

---------------------
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  David Zucker's Pathetic Reaction to Box Office Bomb « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.