Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:38:50 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  David Zucker's Pathetic Reaction to Box Office Bomb « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: David Zucker's Pathetic Reaction to Box Office Bomb  (Read 23186 times)
Metropolisforever
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2008, 11:55:59 PM »

Well, if my dog saw a skunk outside, she would probably pull my arm off and break the skunk's neck.

My other dog, however, would probably be more interested in sniffing the dead worms on the ground. Wink
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2008, 12:02:16 AM »

Well, if my dog saw a skunk outside, she would probably pull my arm off and break the skunk's neck.

That's exactly what my dog tried to do, but he turned tail pretty fast when the skunk opened up on him. I'd say he learned a lesson, but he never learns.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2008, 09:34:27 AM »

I only ran across the vinegar treatment for skunk spray a few years ago.  Unfortunately, I needed to know about it when I was growing up.  Our dogs tended to go after skunks.  When a dog tangles with a skunk, the owner loses.

My dog Zeus was the only dog I ever had to pushed home an attack on a skunk despite getting sprayed.  He tore the skunk apart.  He was also about 90 lbs of boxer, seeming to be more like a mastiff.  He had a thing about blackbirds too.  He would charge down the yard, causing the birds to take to the air.  Zeus would then leap and snatch a bird out of midair.  When he hit the ground with it he shook it to pieces.  Feathers went everywhere.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2008, 10:10:30 AM »

Peter : 1-2-3 is a great Cagny movie. Good choice! Cheers

My friend Marcella has a bunch of black house cats camping out in her yard. She calls them ' peacock cats' after the X-Files eph.
Anyhoo, one night, she put an old disk shaped lava lamp on the porch, and turned it on.
The cats all sat in front of it.
Just stareing at the lamp...
I told her they were worshipping at the alter. If they start bringing 'offering', she better get a shotgun.
She said she hopes they don't start chanting.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2008, 10:13:38 AM »

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Torgo

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2008, 01:01:21 PM »

I don't think that the spoof genre has been exhausted. I just think that no one knows how to make a good one anymore.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2008, 05:43:40 PM »

This thread has gone off in much more fun directions, but I'll post this anyway.

I called BS on Zuckerman griping about liberal bias and ticket counting fruad against An American Carol. For one thing a movie that got a small-ish theatrical release like this, will make most of it's money (if it makes any) on home video. IMO Zucker knows this, he's been around the business long enough; and he's been involved with the kind of cheap spoof films (comedy of low expectations I call them) that get seen more as rentals and on cable than in theaters.

If liberals can jimmy the system to make AAC look like it has performed worse than it "really" did, why have they not managed to to take down Fireproof, Kirk Cameron's flick, as well? From what I've seen that film has done quite well, and has "legs"  rather than just making its money in the first few weeks.

I live in a fairly conservative area in the South. Lots of fundamentalist churches, lots of "I [Heart] Sarah" signs on the lawns (more than the McCain/Palin signs from what I can tell), lots of people who live by what Fox News says, two talk radio stations in town: one all conservative talk & the other mostly conservative except for Ed Schultz in the early evening and Stephanie Miller on weekends, lots of country radio stations and low power religious stations, a full power gospel music station that is always near the top of local ratings, we just got draft beer legalized less than two years ago after a nasty vote, alcohol can only be sold for on-site consumption on Sundays (another recent change). Lots of "Fall Festivals" instead of Halloween parties at the schools, although I think the alternative "Hell Houses" the churches usually offer to counter "spook house" have fallen off in popularity. Many years ago when The Last Temptation of Christ first aired on pay cable, people picketed the cable company's offices trying to get them to scramble the signal, not just because they didn't want to see it, but because they didn't want others to have the choice of watching it either. Pretty clear I'm deep in red state territory.

With that explanation, Fireproof is still playing here, just as Facing the Giants played for several months. Religilous never played here (no surprise). An American Carol played for two weeks and was gone, just like the last film I went to see How to Lose Friends and Alienate People (it sucked, nearly walked out). Delta Farce played for quite a while here, people here love the Blue Collar Comedy bunch and Larry the Cable Guy in particular, so dumb comedy with names popular in red state territory usually does well here.

So I'll cap this thread killer of a post with a simple explanation after all my rambling:

Maybe David Zucker made a crappy film people don't want to see, and he should accept it.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
BTM

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2008, 07:16:50 PM »

My dog Zeus was the only dog I ever had to pushed home an attack on a skunk despite getting sprayed.  He tore the skunk apart.  He was also about 90 lbs of boxer, seeming to be more like a mastiff.  He had a thing about blackbirds too.  He would charge down the yard, causing the birds to take to the air.  Zeus would then leap and snatch a bird out of midair.  When he hit the ground with it he shook it to pieces.  Feathers went everywhere.

Wow... was this dog SAFE to be around? He sounds a little aggressive, to say the least.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2008, 07:24:49 PM »

You know, all the talk about skunks reminds me a funny commercial I remember years.  It was an advertisement for a board game based on The Babysitter's Club series of books, and it showed disaster scenarios young babysitters could get into.  Well, one I remember is the part where the show this little girl, like seven or show, she's kneeling next to an open kitchen door, she's got a bowl of a milk on the crowd and a SKUNK is lapping it while she pets the creature, saying, "Nice kitty!"

Hehehe.

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Jim H

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2008, 10:42:23 PM »

They have the first ten minutes of An American Carol online somewhere.  I thought that bit was quite unfunny (the style reminded me of Spy Hard, only somehow less funny).  It's hard to believe he was one of the writers and directors of Airplane, one of the funniest movies ever made.  He also contributed writing to Kentucky Fried Movie, which has some really inspired moments.  I was thinking maybe it was because he had his brothers and the Abrahams working with him, but he solo-directed the first Naked Gun.  I guess he just totally lost it.

Oh yeah, and here's a catdog

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2008, 06:42:40 AM »

Here's a cat paying the bagpipes

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  David Zucker's Pathetic Reaction to Box Office Bomb « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.