Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:24:33 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Curse You, Netflix!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Curse You, Netflix!!!  (Read 16646 times)
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 03:46:54 PM »

Which indicates the people applying the barcodes in the first place don't have the knowledge to differentiate between different versions of the same movie (e.g., Anchor Bay vs. Westlake).  90% of the customers probably wouldn't notice, but the knowledgable, demanding crowd in this forum would never be fooled by such trickery!

I would bet it's closer to 99.99% that wouldn't notice. It is absolutely frightening that you propose that a full 10% of the world is like the loonies hanging around here.   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2008, 05:44:19 PM »

It is absolutely frightening that you propose that a full 10% of the world is like the loonies hanging around here.

*Gulp*  Are you implying that we . . . well . . . that we may not be quite normal?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Torgo

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2008, 10:13:32 PM »

I don't have NetFlix myself but I have plenty of friends who do have it.  I don't recall any of them having this kind of problem in terms of getting a movie on some kind of sub standard sub par label like what was mentioned with the Suspiria DVD.

They've seemed extremely pleased and anytime they've had any issues with receiving a cracked or damaged disc NetFlix has promptly taken care of it.  I also don't recall them ever getting an incorrect movie that was on their queue.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 11:14:54 PM »

It is absolutely frightening that you propose that a full 10% of the world is like the loonies hanging around here.

*Gulp*  Are you implying that we . . . well . . . that we may not be quite normal?

Not YOU though, , you're NORMAL  Lookingup

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2008, 05:54:48 AM »

Not YOU though, , you're NORMAL  Lookingup

What could be more normal than a 44 year-old guy who hides behind a photo of Burgurmeister Meisterburger?   Drink

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 08:46:21 AM »

one thing I hate about netflix is waiting for them to ship something across the country if it's an obscure title.  I've been waiting for 3 days for  "the Collins kids at town Hall Party"

Small | Large
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:01:46 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 09:16:17 AM »

I got NetFlix about a year ago, they far batter than Blockbuster which I had for about 3 years.

I've only had 2 bad DVD's come in from NF, unlike BB which I got 1 or 2 a month and they'd often spend the exact same broken DVD back to me.

But I have notice that they've slowed a little here lately, still not as bad as BB though.

BTW Lester I'm 87% like you on NF and weighting 3 or 4 extra days to get some obscure title from across the country is annoying. There system should be able to tell you, this movie is not located at your local distribution center extra shipping time will be required. Then you could decide if you still want it or not.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:18:20 AM by CheezeFlixz » Logged

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2008, 09:35:04 AM »

the queue thing is messed up too.  just now I had 500 titles in my queue and you can't add any more after that.  they should have multiple queues.  why am I such a bad person because I want to remember a certain movie but don't want to see it right away
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 11:04:44 AM »

the queue thing is messed up too.  just now I had 500 titles in my queue and you can't add any more after that.  they should have multiple queues.  why am I such a bad person because I want to remember a certain movie but don't want to see it right away

Lol, and I thought I was bad with my 200+!

They do have multiple queues. You can set up profiles under different names, each with their own queue. They announced they were going to do away with the profiles this summer, but then they changed their mind. So I still have a queue under my wife's name, even though it's now empty because I moved all those movies to my main queue when I thought they were going to delete the profile.

However, I have no idea if making multiple profiles will let you get past the 500 limit.
Metropolisforever
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2008, 01:49:16 PM »

Wow, I only have 7 movies in my queue... and that's only because Satantango is spread out over 4 discs. Smile
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 10:51:07 AM »

BTW Lester I'm 87% like you on NF and weighting 3 or 4 extra days to get some obscure title from across the country is annoying. There system should be able to tell you, this movie is not located at your local distribution center extra shipping time will be required. Then you could decide if you still want it or not.

It is great that they carry so many unusual films, but that is a great suggestion.  It would probably be the best upgrade to the system that I can think of.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 11:02:47 AM »

It is great that they carry so many unusual films, but that is a great suggestion.  It would probably be the best upgrade to the system that I can think of.

Well, they do show a status of "Available Now", "Short Wait" or "Long Wait."  For a long time, THE TOXIC AVENGER was listed as "Long Wait", so I evetually got sick of seeing it and moved it to the bottom of my queue.  Now it says "Available Now."

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »

Well, they do show a status of "Available Now", "Short Wait" or "Long Wait."  For a long time, THE TOXIC AVENGER was listed as "Long Wait", so I evetually got sick of seeing it and moved it to the bottom of my queue.  Now it says "Available Now."

True, but they still don't tell you that say "The Creeps" is shipping not from my local distribution center (Louisville which is still 250 miles away) but Los Angeles 2500 miles away until after they ship it. Whereas I can generally get a movie in 1 or 2 days from Louisville, but a movie from LA takes about a week and you have to send it back to LA taking up another week so  1 movie can take over 2 weeks in turn around. If I knew this before hand I'd find a different movie.

Metropolisforever
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 04:40:03 PM »

By the way, does Netflix ever listen to those "Request a Movie" things?  I've requested a ton of movies, and they seem to have completely ignored every single one of them.
BTM

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 09:59:30 PM »

Hmm.. still waiting to see both The Incredible Hulk and Feast 2.  It's weird, in the early days of my Nexflix account new releases would often take awhile to get, but now they're usually they're pretty good at sending them as soon as they come out.  I guess TIH must be VERY popular among the renters, because my parents (who also have Netflix) didn't have any getting trouble  Iron Man or the latest Indiana Jones films shortly after they were released.

And with Feast 2, dunno.. guessing it's popular among fans of the genre and they have so many copies, upping the wait time for all.  May end up just renting TIH... they have one of those $1 a night vending machine things at a nearby store... hmm...

« Last Edit: November 06, 2008, 09:09:28 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Curse You, Netflix!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.