Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:03:37 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How To Get A Birthday Card From Queen Elizabeth « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: How To Get A Birthday Card From Queen Elizabeth  (Read 7100 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: October 10, 2008, 03:36:16 PM »

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24479054-2,00.html

It's easy! Just live to be 105, and never ever have sex!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 03:38:25 PM »

Haaaaa! You're part way there, lol.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 03:58:12 PM »

Actually, anyone hitting 100+ in Britain gets one.  That was my old granny's dream, but she only hit 93.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 04:00:59 PM »

Hmm, then if the Queen makes it to a hundred, I wonder if she'll send herself one? lol

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 09:41:25 PM »

My Great-Grandmother got one.  (Canadians can get them too: you just need to inform the proper offices).  It was on the occasion of her 100th birthday - which was actually her 104th, as near as we can figure.  (She lied about her age for a few years - yes, in her 90's, she was very vain! -  until somebody told her she would receive birthday greetings from the Queen, the Prime Minister and the Governor General when she turned 100.) 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 08:17:50 AM »

I'd spit in it and send it back!

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 02:09:15 AM »

That was completely uncalled for.

"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 06:25:58 AM »

That was completely uncalled for.

I'm sorry but respecting the "queen" is like respecting Paris Hilton. Actually I respect Paris Hilton more, at least she's now trying to do something positive with her life like charity work and doesn't descend from a family of murderers.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »

We *ALL* "descend from a family of murderers": it is called the human race.
Ms Hilton's well-publicised philanthropy is equally meaningless.

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 08:31:10 AM »

I just meant that a vast majority of people here in England wave aload of flags round and cry over a woman who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, is sat on a massive amount of cash and contributes nothing to society, that's all.

As you can tell, there's not a patriotic bone in my body.  TeddyR

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 12:24:25 PM »

I just meant that a vast majority of people here in England wave aload of flags round and cry over a woman who was born with a silver spoon in her mouth, is sat on a massive amount of cash and contributes nothing to society, that's all.

As you can tell, there's not a patriotic bone in my body.  TeddyR

"God save the queen, her fascist regime
it made you a moron, a potential H bomb!

God save the queen, she ain't no human being
there is no future in England's dreams."

"We *ALL* "descend from a family of murderers": it is called the human race." - Great line, Newt!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »

Circus -

not to turn this rather silly thread into a total downer, but your attitude is sadly typical of the societal illness that is destroying everything that once made Europe great.  In England, France, Germany, and throughout the continent, young Europeans have been raised to s**t upon everything that made their nations great in history.  God was expelled from Europe after World War One, nationalism bit the dust after World War II, and now there is nothing left in Europe for anyone to believe in - except the resurgent, militant Islam which makes no bones about its intention to destroy everything good and noble that Western Civilization once stood for. 

The Europe that once dominated world affairs is dead.  Every single European country has a birthrate that has fallen below replacement level.  With nothing to believe in and little to live for, Europeans have become too dispirited to even reproduce.

Islam stands waiting to fill the void.

Hope you guys like Sharia law.  Its day is coming.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 06:00:02 PM »

Circus -

not to turn this rather silly thread into a total downer, but your attitude is sadly typical of the societal illness that is destroying everything that once made Europe great.  In England, France, Germany, and throughout the continent, young Europeans have been raised to s**t upon everything that made their nations great in history.  God was expelled from Europe after World War One, nationalism bit the dust after World War II, and now there is nothing left in Europe for anyone to believe in - except the resurgent, militant Islam which makes no bones about its intention to destroy everything good and noble that Western Civilization once stood for. 

The Europe that once dominated world affairs is dead.  Every single European country has a birthrate that has fallen below replacement level.  With nothing to believe in and little to live for, Europeans have become too dispirited to even reproduce.

Basically mankind is eating itself, I've chosen to shut off from it.

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 07:02:42 PM »

Perhaps change your name to Charles, William or Harry Windsor?

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 08:15:47 PM »

Circus -

To turn a silly thread in to even more of a downer--or maybe just sillier--it strikes me as ironic that American conservatives should see reverence for monarchialism as a threat to Western civilization, given that we historically mocked the Europeans (and quite rightly so) for their silly kings and queens.  I'm otherwise generally in agreement with what you said, but I don't think the divine right of kings is what made Europe once great.  I can understand how a Briton would chafe at the idea of state supported monarchs in a democratic age, and still want to resist Sharia.  Still, we can't give up, Circus.  We need to preserve what's valuable in our culture, while discarding that which was a mistake.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  How To Get A Birthday Card From Queen Elizabeth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.