Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:35:28 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Computer is Dying! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: My Computer is Dying!  (Read 7344 times)
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 12:24:04 PM »

I'm very sorry to hear about that RC.  Best of luck in all things.

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Menard
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 12:42:57 PM »

Some of those adware/spyware programs can get dug in.  You delete them and they keep coming back.  The trick is then finding the program that is "fixing" all the bad programs you are removing.

That's the handy thing about SmitFraudFix; it removes the components that were deposited by the spyware, including replacing the wininet.dll if necessary.

Adaware, and other programs that claim to work only treat the symptoms, but don't do anything to remove the dlls that were placed into the system, so it keeps coming back.

The worst spyware I had was several years ago where it replaced explorer.exe with its own version; it basically turned Windows into spyware, and the only way to defeat was to reinstall windows; unless, for whatever reason you may have done this, you had backed-up Windows core components and replaced them through DOS.

Even before that, there used to be a freeware program called HandyBits Virus Integrator that allowed you to integrate several virus scanners to run in tandem, and it worked to that function. It, alas, was also spyware that collected info on you. Of course, you could remove it from your system; on the way out, though, it would uninstall every hardware component in Windows and Windows would have to do a rescue and reinstall everything from the ground up. The truly embarrassing part is that many sites made this program available for download, and some even praised it for its features, even anti-virus sites.

I generally am comfortable with freeware from Major Geeks, but I would warn against trusting freeware, or even paid software, from a download site as most of them are only interested in having as many programs available for download as possible and getting anything listed is too easy. Download.com is one of the worst for this as they don't check things and have listings bloated with false reviews. They still have malicious software all over the site of which legitimate reviewers have screamed about to no effect. Which pretty much means check out reviews across several download sites to see what people may actually be saying about a program before downloading and installing it on one's system.
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008, 06:40:29 PM »

RC, stay strong brother and we'll keep you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2008, 01:19:51 AM »

The problem is....Tara is the administator..an she's in a nursing home.  Bluesad

What? Is she OK?

Actually....no. She has cancer.  Kinda why I haven't been online  latley. My mind is just not with it. Too depressed.

You and Tara-Sue are in my thoughts, Ronnie C: blessings to you and your family, my friend. 

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2008, 07:39:11 AM »

My condolences on your wife RC.  I hope everything turns out okay. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 07:46:59 AM »

Thanks to you all....your the best of freinds.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  My Computer is Dying! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.