Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:54:01 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in your life? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in your life?  (Read 8174 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« on: October 12, 2008, 06:07:18 PM »

New Year's Eve 2004 I accidentally helped break into a flat in Dublin, Ireland. Honest but monumentally stupid error based on mistaken identity, and the most embarrassing mix-up of my life. Detained by police, a hair's breadth from getting charged with felony burglary. Ultimately released but to this day I haven't heard the last of the teasing from family and friends. And me who's never even had a speeding ticket. Ugh.

Anyone else ever do anything Darwin Award worthy?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 06:30:07 PM »

I've been arrested 6 times and tried to commit suicide 3 times, I'm not proud of any of it, it was all really dumb and I hurt alot of people who care about me. Those were serious incidents that looking back on now, have made me a much stronger person. There's been goofy stuff I've done like; I went out for a night on the town in full drag, cut my finger in half peeling potatoes, tripped over an oven, tried to swallow a steak whole and choked on it, urinated on someone for no reason and jumped in a freezing cold duck pond.  Lookingup

ghouck
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:38:48 PM »

A few months back I tried crossing a shallow yet fast-running stream on my quad and got swept downstream. It was a glacier-fed stream, so it was super cold and I was swept 50 yards or so, most of it while UNDER my quad. Did it right in from of my kid, so had I bit the big one in the process He'd have seen it all. While all that was happening, I lost a $300 GPS, my goggles, and ultimately my Eraserhead sweatshirt.

I've done worse, I just have most of it blocked out. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
akiratubo

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 06:39:46 PM »

My entire relationship with my ex-fiancee.  

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 09:54:08 PM »

When I was about 10 or 12 years old (I had a ton of problems back then) I jumped into a fountain in Baltimore, Maryland. I swam in it and climbed on some sculptures. The whole time my aunt who was looking after me and my sister who was with us were trying to catch me and encouraging me to come out. Even though my aunt was pretty mad (if I remember correctly) I consider it one of the funniest and most rewarding experiences of my life.    BounceGiggle

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 11:35:40 PM »

Let's see . . .

I distinctly remember getting into my 1980 mustang and gripping the roof of the car with my left hand as I settled into my seat . . . then reaching across my body with my right hand and closing the car door firmly.

On my left hand!! Buggedout

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 11:44:58 PM »

Once when I was in the Army and on special duty (driving a fishing boat, cool eh?), a friend and I got really drunk and tried getting on a cruise ship that was docked in town. The problem was that we tried getting on, , with a grappling hook. We couldn't throw it nearly high enough to catch onto anything, so it just made a loud clang against the hull and came right back at us. Apparently the police watched up do this about a half a dozen times before they saved us, from ourselves. The hook was big enough it would have bashed our skulls if it were to hit up on the way down, , which it nearly did.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Patient7

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 11:58:16 PM »

Mt sister once dared me to eat chapstick, I asked if it was toxic.  TongueOut

Barbeque sauce tastes good on EVERYTHING, even salad.

Yes, salad.
CheezeFlixz

Pathetic Earthlings

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 08:41:26 AM »

Argued with logic on the internet with someone lacking it.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 10:45:11 AM »

Darn. Cheeze beat me to it.  But it was definitely the dumbest thing I've done - and likely will continue to do.   Lookingup

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 01:18:25 PM »

The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd times I fell in love.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 01:39:34 PM »

Popped MONSTER A-GO-GO into the DVD player.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Hammock Rider

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 02:05:01 PM »

I went to college on a partial scholarship but dropped out sophmore year to become a "detective" with a high school buddy of mine down in Corpus Christi Texas. "It didn't work out" is putting it mildly and it still haunts me to this day in various ways, including the fact that I still haven't completed college. On the other hand, I did get to visit Brownsville Texas, which must be the Stray Dog Capital of America.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
raj

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 02:14:44 PM »

Driving under the influence of various substances.  Real stupid.

I also should have pulled out of the stock market a couple of weeks ago.
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 02:54:24 PM »

Having to pull money that my late grandmother gave me before she died 3 times to get out of credit card debt (Well the first one was also to pay off a lot of medical bills.)

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in your life? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.