Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:09:30 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in your life? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in your life?  (Read 8172 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2008, 03:28:15 PM »

Driving under the influence of various substances.  Real stupid.

I've done that too, a long time ago in my youth.  Probably counts as the stupidest thing lots of people have done.

I also should have pulled out of the stock market a couple of weeks ago.

Personally, unless you need the money right now to live on, or need the capital gains loss to offset gains from prior years, I think locking in your losses is stupid.  Buy low, sell high.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
JJ80
Nutter Magnet
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2008, 07:04:43 PM »

I've been fairly lucky in that most of my boners have been relatively minor in scale and collateral damage. However I have been involved in two vaguely beverage related incidents.

- When I was at Uni I started to make myself a cup of tea from a cafeteria dispenser when I noticed two girls (one blonde and one redhead) that I was keen on. I started to act 'cool' in front of the girls, causing myself to put my fingers under the pouring hot water. This caused me to loudly drop the 'F-Bomb' in front of the entire refrectory (which wasn't very big).   hot

-Last year I was hurrying for a bus while carrying two heavy bags of shopping. I decided to run down an entirely empty escalator but I tripped and fell down the bottom half of it. I looked like I had gone three rounds with Mike Tyson!  Bluesad
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 07:11:56 PM by JJ80 » Logged

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2008, 08:23:17 PM »

While in high school a couple friends and I decided that we could liven up our Saturday night by jay walking (running actually) across all 8 lanes of the 605 freeway, twice, we had to get back home.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
schmendrik
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 09:54:23 AM »

I've never driven under the influence, but I let a friend who was pretty drunk drive me home once. I swore if I made it home alive I'd never do that again, and haven't.

Anyone else ever do anything Darwin Award worthy?

I was working as a summer employee in an electronics factory, in the engineering labs. This factory specialized in high-voltage devices, and there was a piece of equipment that fired 5000 Amps at high voltage (for comparison: your entire house is probably 200 A) through the device. The trigger switch wasn't working. I knew enough to know the contacts of the device I should short out to trigger the test gear, and I knew enough to worry a little, so I thought I was being smart, holding the aluminum bar with insulated pliers, making sure to use only one hand, standing on the lab bench so I wasn't grounded etc.

But for some reason my boss about had a heart attack when he saw how I was turning on the test gear.

Another time, same factory, I had my hand on one panel of some equipment on the assembly line and was feeling around underneath the equipment for a switch I knew was there. ZZZZAP! Found it! 220 V that time, straight across the chest. Apparently this switch (which wasn't known to the assembly-line workers) was just a bare switch with the contacts fully exposed.

One other time there was a cable that I was hooking up to an oscilloscope. I'd spent a couple of hours making a custom cable with the right connectors (probably a 10 minute job for an experienced engineer). Happened to touch the contacts of the cable to the case in such a way to short the 220 V supply. The entire cable vaporized in my hand, leaving me holding the connector. All I could think was "I spent 2 hours making this! I spent 2 hours making this!".
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 12:55:54 PM »

LONG AGO...There was a foregin exchange student in high school who was being bullied.  I stood in the back of the crowd and just was a yes-man to the whole process.  I knew I shouldn't have but I convinced myself it was good fun.
Sorry Dude. 
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2008, 04:36:47 PM »

Two events come to mind in the past 10 years, both at weddings ironically.

The first happened a few years after I started dating my wife (around 10 years ago).  Background first, I never had gone to weddings much in my life.  I was under the impression for years that the guy who catches the garter would be the next to be married.  The story pretty much ended there so I thought.  I didn't know about the whole putting it on the girl who catches to bouquet thing.  Figuring that I wanted to look impressive to her and her mother (who sadly was there too), I made a great dive to catch the garter.  People were all laughing and talking sh*t and I couldn't figure out why.  That would be because a 12 year old girl caught the bouquet.  Buggedout  Luckily the DJ called off the garter ceremony. 

The second one was less embarrassing but I got plastered at my wife's aunt's wedding.  When I left I forgot about the step down and sprained my ankle.  I was too drunk to figure out I couldn't walk on it.  When I got home, I puked in everywhere but the toilet (kitchen/bathroom sinks, trash can, outside) and when I woke up I couldn't figure out where my key were.  My wife was p*ssed but the best part of the story is no one remembers me being drunk.  Rather they remember her yelling at me in the parking lot.   BounceGiggle

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  What's the dumbest thing you've ever done in your life? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.